You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Ravel Morrison Homophobic Tweet

paulmacca10

Shouldn't this be getting the same level of media interest as Suarez?

Seriously, isn't he guilty of the same crime of discrimination?

Shouldn't he get the same punishment?

Don't particularly want a full debate again, just thought these things as I was reading about Morrison.

Unless the guy he was calling a 'faggot' is actually gay, then it is nothing like the Suarez situation. Plus Morrison is some no mark player from the lower leagues.

Not much in it for the press is my view.

Right, so another issue to come out of this is that being discriminatory off the pitch is not as bad as on the pitch? That can't be right can it?

Abuse in a club shirt, in a game played under a sporting association's rules,is clearly different from a Tweet made in a player's own time.

It will be interesting to see exactly what the charge is.

Racism seems to be in a league of its own really when it comes to ruining a reputation, second only to being a paedophile in the spheres of fame. There are people in the House of Lords who've been to prison while in politics, there's countless famous people out there who've smacked women around, abused their kids down the phone like Arec Barrwin, taken drugs, you name it, and they've still come back from it. Racism is a real career killer though, both sides of the pond, and - like being a paedo, one of the few things which really sticks.

Yep racism is the only real issue to the FA, its their primary weapon in their ongoing feud with FIFA. I'm not for one minute suggesting that a zero tolerance to racism isn't correct even if they've misjudged Suarez. Racism, homophobia and violence are all hate crimes it seems peculiar that the FA only focus on racism? Given that the 2022 World Cup is to be played in Qatar, the very personification of homophobia, I assume England's non-attendance is assured?

Racism seems to be in a league of its own really when it comes to ruining a reputation, second only to being a paedophile in the spheres of fame. There are people in the House of Lords who've been to prison while in politics, there's countless famous people out there who've smacked women around, abused their kids down the phone like Arec Barrwin, taken drugs, you name it, and they've still come back from it. Racism is a real career killer though, both sides of the pond, and - like being a paedo, one of the few things which really sticks.

Not always the case, sometimes the media seem to forgive. Does anyone know when Pete Townsends book he was researching is being published?

Micheal Ball recently got a £6,000 fine for a homaphobic twitter comments and has since left Leicester by mutual consent. Below is what is reported.

On 24 January 2012, Ball was fined £6,000 by the Football Association for homophobic comments made on Twitter about the actor Antony Cotton.[20] While Cotton was a contestant on I'm a Celebrity...Get Me Out of Here!, Ball wrote, “That fucking queer. Get back to your sewing machine in Corrie, you moaning bastard.

If the F.A are going to take a stance on one issue then they need to take the same stance all issues involving discrimination.