You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Alex Ferguson Supports And Indulges In Racism When It Suits Him

Anubis

Note the telling difference between Evra's reaction to alleged racism at Anfield, and Wright having to be held back at Old Trafford.

Manchester United and Arsenal fiery clashes - THE FRIDAY FIVE | Mail Online

Arsenal 1-2 Manchester United

Premier League, February 1997

In November 1996, after United beat Arsenal 1-0 at Old Trafford, Peter Schmeichel was accused of racially abusing England striker Ian Wright.

It was a claim later unfounded by the FA due to lack of evidence but one that served as a catalyst for an explosive encounter between the two clubs months later in February.

article-1365051-0000C08500000258-633_468x314.jpg

Even before kick-off the pair were embroiled in a heated exchange in the Highbury tunnel. Then, during the 2-1 win for United, Wright lunged two-footed into the Great Dane causing pandemonium.

The striker hit the headlines the next morning by branding the keeper a racist.

And then, of course, there's Ferguson's own racism. Will he now lead the way and sack himself from his position at United?

FOOTBALL: MOST EXPENSIVE PASTA DISH IN WORLD; Fergie to fork out pounds 2,500 fine for 'racist' jibes at Italians. - Free Online Library

FOOTBALL: MOST EXPENSIVE PASTA DISH IN WORLD; Fergie to fork out pounds 2,500 fine for 'racist' jibes at Italians.

ALEX FERGUSON has been warned that he faces the full wrath of UEFA if he utters one word out of line about Juventus.

The Manchester United manager was yesterday hit with a fine and a stinging rebuke for what were described as "racist" comments against Italians.

Ferguson was handed a fine of 5,000 Swiss FrancsNoun 1. Swiss franc - the basic unit of money in Switzerland

franc - the basic monetary unit in many countries; equal to 100 centimes

centime - a fractional monetary unit of several countries: France and Algeria and Belgium and Burkina Faso and Burundi and

..... Click the link for more information., which is pounds 2,155, after he made comments about Inter Milan before both legs of the Champions League clash with the Italians.

A UEFA spokesman branded Ferguson a racist after the United manager said: "When an Italian says it's pasta, I check under the sauce."

And the United manager compounded the insult before the second leg, when he said the Italians' tactics would include "scheming, diving, referee-baiting - the full repertoire."

That incensed UEFA, and has led to a strongly-worded warning that the Scottish manager must not revert to such language when his side meets Italian opposition in the semi-finals.

United take on Juventus in what is bound to be a fraught tie, with both sides reverting to the sort of mind games that Ferguson is famous for. But a UEFA spokesman warned the Old Trafford boss last night that they will be monitoring his behaviour closely from now on.

"This was unnecessary provocation of the opposing team, and we cannot accept racism of any kind," said a spokesman.

"We will be watching closely. If Mr Ferguson makes any of the comments again prior to the game against Juventus, then we would be forced to open up another disciplinary action against him.

"We feel Mr Ferguson, who is an experienced manager with a considerable list of honours, should know perfectly well how to handle the media.

"Therefore, he should have been aware of the potentially negative impact of his declarations, which UEFA saw as unnecessary provocation and inappropriate prior to an important match." Ferguson will now have to watch his words carefully in the build-up to the semi-final clash with arch rivals Juventus - particularly because he has already incensed the Italian nation.

Inter's coach Mircea Lucescu, who resigned after his team were dumped out of the competition by United, claimed the comments would lead to violence. Lucescu insisted that what Ferguson said was "a sad thing and a bad thing," and he claimed that the Inter fans would target the United manager.

United were given a rowdy reception in Italy, and Ferguson was singled out for attention by the fans.

That could happen again in Turin, but last night a United spokesman insisted that the club accepts the punishment, and the matter is behind them. "These things happen in the heat of preparation for big matches. UEFA have their procedures and we accept it. We are now looking forward to the game against Juventus," the spokesman said.

Ferguson's comments were inspired initially before the first leg of the quarter final tie, when he suspected the Italians of playing psychological games over the fitness of Ronaldo.

United were fined 30,000 Swiss francs (pounds 13,000) because their travelling supporters set off of fireworks during the second leg in the San Siro stadium. Inter were also fined for their fans' misbehaviour, and for improper conduct by their players.

Guest davelfc

The young Portuguese manager's "gamesmanship" so offended the Manchester United boss that Ferguson refused to shake hands after the first leg. Then, when Mourinho's team, the plucky Porto, sealed the victory with a late goal, the Portuguese manager in the designer overcoat burst out of his dugout and sprinted down the sideline to celebrate with his players. It was the beginning of a beautiful rivalry.

Mourinho took a shot at Fergie afterwards, "Sometimes somebody is incorrect," he said, "sometimes you play with words to try to put pressure on the opposition. But when the final whistle goes, it's finished, you shake hands

"Special" or not, Mourinho and Ferguson have created a captivating rivalry. - ESPN The Magazine

The problem with this is that he has got everything in first and we are constantly having to refute things and have to counter strike rather than being proactive.

A mate of mine was in the PR department at our club until the start of this season but since he left we seem to have an impotent PR Department at present.

I'm not saying its him per se but I imagine the department's reshuffle is not working very well at all.

Take the gloves off and fight fire with fire is what I say.

Some very good points and all true. But in all seriousness where does "yeah but five years ago he did / said this" or "he didn't shake Mourinho's hand" get us? In current climates it gets us absolutely nowhere. I'm thoroughly bored of it all. I just want to get back to what goes on in 90 minutes on, you know, a football pitch.

A pointless exercise. We all know what an odious steaming turd he is. Why waste any precious time digging up shit like this. He's a cancer, a cunt and a despicable human being.

Because we can, and should. Now fuck off you tedious cunt.

Some very good points and all true. But in all seriousness where does "yeah but five years ago he did / said this" or "he didn't shake Mourinho's hand" get us? In current climates it gets us absolutely nowhere. I'm thoroughly bored of it all. I just want to get back to what goes on in 90 minutes on, you know, a football pitch.

Erm not to point out the obvious here mate but if you don't want any more of this then don't open the posts and certainly don't reply.

Not trying to be flippant but it seems like the best way out of it all.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRj1CVNTovcf3TpAgC3rv0dxwqEC9xTWMCy1KVjFqKHacJFa2o9Zw

Biggest one I could find.

Alex was a big mate of Bernard Manning and was often guest of honour down at the Embassy Club. He read a tribute at his funeral.

Shame old dribbling lips isn't around now. Alex could hold the mufc xmas party there.I'd pay to see that.

Alex - Patrice, Rio, Danny,! Why are you leaving? You'll love this one about the Irishman the Jamaican and the Pakistani! Wersya sensa fuckin humour ya baz! Jeez, I've nae time for these PC types ken wot I'm sayin Lord Ouseley?!

Erm not to point out the obvious here mate but if you don't want any more of this then don't open the posts and certainly don't reply.

Not trying to be flippant but it seems like the best way out of it all.

Or you could just bend over while that putrid cunt and his devout followers fuck you up the arse.

Some people just don't understand the need to fight your corner.

What a disgrace Gary Neville is. He should never have been allowed to play for Manchester United again after this incident and should have been sold:

You have obviously misinterpreted Neville's motives for refusing the handshake. It has nothing to do with him being a despicable, childish twat, it is simply that, as we know, he doesn't like racists and never forgave Rudolph for his abused of Ian wright.

You have obviously misinterpreted Neville's motives for refusing the handshake. It has nothing to do with him being a despicable, childish twat, it is simply that, as we know, he doesn't like racists and never forgave Rudolph for his abused of Ian wright.

I heard he was disgusted by the subsequent regular jeering of the OT prawn munchers of a victim of racism. I heard he and Ferguson were ashamed to be associated with a club that condones racism. Let's not forget who the victim was here.... hang on I've heard this somewhere before...

Ha ha ha' date=' thanks for that LFC64 that cheered me right up.[/quote']

Can you imagine Ferguson on the front table heckling him...

'Bernard there's no place for material like this in 2012 for christ sake. This is beyond the pale! '

No neither can i.

Racism?

"Never wrestle with a pig,you will both get dirty - and the pig likes it"

Racism is wrong, seeking to tar others unwise.

LFC would be wise to take Luis back to South Africa to check out the child football project he supported there in the last World Cup, and perhaps bring a few of them back to Anfield to watch a game. Plenty of postive footage, and doing the right thing.

Racism?

"Never wrestle with a pig,you will both get dirty - and the pig likes it"

Racism is wrong, seeking to tar others unwise.

LFC would be wise to take Luis back to South Africa to check out the child football project he supported there in the last World Cup, and perhaps bring a few of them back to Anfield to watch a game. Plenty of postive footage, and doing the right thing.

I have no idea what any of this means. Pigs like wrestling?

If slur was a great manager he would have achieved his success without all the cheating, bullying and intimidation. Him and Sky have truly dragged the game down to it's lowest state ever.

I've never heard anything like his rant the other day calling for Luis to be sold. That was him at his most out of control and yet no-one says a fucking word. The silence is truly deafening.

When his empire crumbles, I will rejoice. The man is scum.