You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Bolton away match thread

fowler9

I`m expecting a big fucking reaction against Citeh on Wednesday night. I think we will get it and then we`ll beat the scum next saturday and we`ll be celebrating next Sat. night. Today was a very bad day at the office. But we`ll bounce back. King Kenny will kick arse like never before.

This is the biggest week at our club for several years.

You are right to say that two wins could set us up for a domestic double. Two defeats, and a tricky run of league games, could see the storm clouds gathering.

• Replies 662
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think people talking about sacking Kenny is knee jerk of the worst kind.

I think people criticizing how shit some of our new signings have been is far from knee jerk going on some of the individual performances this year.

Problem on here though is we have people who think because some of them have been shit means we have to sack Kenny, others think merely critcizing them means you want to sack Kenny. Which means the whole topic of conversation turns to shit.

I agree. If we are knocked out of both cups this week and fail to qualify for the Europa in the League I still can't see FSG moving Kenny on.

Criticising new signings is fair game, its always happened, and always will.

If we bomb out as per para one, FSG wil most liekly say "You got us into this, you get us out".

No order here:

Johnson and Enrique were both uncomfortable with the player in frontof them and no support form the the CM. Stop shoehorning.

Shoehorner???!!! Miriam "Speedy" Gonzalez has a boss little landing strip goin there.

The odds of a poster with a number in their username being remotely readable is 10-2-1.

Shady, evolve.

N'gog > Carroll

There are legendary players and there are legendary managers, very few crossovers.

FSG is not PSG.

How come the young bald fella cant get on????

Robbie Keane - WTF?

I think people talking about sacking Kenny is knee jerk of the worst kind.

I think people criticizing how shit some of our new signings have been is far from knee jerk going on some of the individual performances this year.

Problem on here though is we have people who think because some of them have been shit means we have to sack Kenny, others think merely critcizing them means you want to sack Kenny. Which means the whole topic of conversation turns to shit.

Thats just my two cents.

I'd agree with that. Unfortunately, building a team takes time, not all signings will work out and there will be setbacks. What is not acceptable is not to try, and plenty tonight didn't look they were.

Kenny's return has been great for the club, we have our identity back and he was very clear tonight about what it means to play for LFC. But he is not beyond criticism and I thought the tactical setup was poor tonight - Adam and Gerrard in central mid, Hendo on the right? - and he didn't change it when it wasn't working.

None of this means he is failing or should be sacked, have people forgotten how bad things actually were when he came in - in Rafa's last season as well as during the Roy Hodgson debacle? And I know people will point to H&G as a factor in Rafa's downfall, which they were, but so was Rafa himself - it got to the point when he had lost the players. I don't see that with KD today.

To indiviudals, which is almost unfair given that only Bellamy emerged with any credit tonight. Adam was shocking and frankly he has been poor since Lucas got injured. he is ok with a decent holding player alongside, but he can look very average without someone doing the fetching and carrying. And he thinks he is a lot better than he is.

Carroll actually did ok first half, but he still offers little or no threat in the box. His flick on was good, but it was his only contribution of note. We can talk about poor service, but at £35m, you expect a striker to generate some of his own impact.

Maxi had a shocker. Good player, but when he has an off day, he just disappears entirely - though a simple pass to him from Adam may have changed the whole game.

Henderson worked harder than most, but he just looks out of position on the right. I was amazed we didn't change it around second half and play him centrally, pushing Gerrard further forward.

The entire defence wa poor, apart from Agger's attacking runs. Enrique had his worst game for us.

Downing and Kuyt made no difference, but the players seemed to have chucked it in by then anyway. But neither has made a telling contribution this season.

I wouldn't be surprised in Carra played on Wednesday, either at the back or in a holding role - he has faded as a player, but he knows what it means to play for Liverpool. Too many tonight looked like they didn't. How Kenny responds to this - and how the players do - will define our season. Key moment in the rebuilding project.

Don't be stupid. The owners have proved once already that they valued sentimentalism over pragmatism why not again? Indeed, appointing Benitez again would be less mental than the decision to appoint Kenny.

Dream on, sonny Jim. Benitez blew it here last time. In every sense. He since blew it spectacularly somewhere else.

I'd agree with that. Unfortunately, building a team takes time, not all signings will work out and there will be setbacks. What is not acceptable is not to try, and plenty tonight didn't look they were.

Kenny's return has been great for the club, we have our identity back and he was very clear tonight about what it means to play for LFC. But he is not beyond criticism and I thought the tactical setup was poor tonight - Adam and Gerrard in central mid, Hendo on the right? - and he didn't change it when it wasn't working.

None of this means he is failing or should be sacked, have people forgotten how bad things actually were when he came in - in Rafa's last season as well as during the Roy Hodgson debacle? And I know people will point to H&G as a factor in Rafa's downfall, which they were, but so was Rafa himself - it got to the point when he had lost the players. I don't see that with KD today.

To indiviudals, which is almost unfair given that only Bellamy emerged with any credit tonight. Adam was shocking and frankly he has been poor since Lucas got injured. he is ok with a decent holding player alongside, but he can look very average without someone doing the fetching and carrying. And he thinks he is a lot better than he is.

Carroll actually did ok first half, but he still offers little or no threat in the box. His flick on was good, but it was his only contribution of note. We can talk about poor service, but at £35m, you expect a striker to generate some of his own impact.

Maxi had a shocker. Good player, but when he has an off day, he just disappears entirely - though a simple pass to him from Adam may have changed the whole game.

Henderson worked harder than most, but he just looks out of position on the right. I was amazed we didn't change it around second half and play him centrally, pushing Gerrard further forward.

The entire defence wa poor, apart from Agger's attacking runs. Enrique had his worst game for us.

Downing and Kuyt made no difference, but the players seemed to have chucked it in by then anyway. But neither has made a telling contribution this season.

I wouldn't be surprised in Carra played on Wednesday, either at the back or in a holding role - he has faded as a player, but he knows what it means to play for Liverpool. Too many tonight looked like they didn't. How Kenny responds to this - and how the players do - will define our season. Key moment in the rebuilding project.

All good points.

I think Carra's time as a starter has come to an end but christ we could do with someone of his ilk in the team now. Just to keep people on there toes. Stevie is too busy trying to run the game to be the motivator. We need a Carra for sure.

A great post in full.

If we concede the same number,or fewer goals than City on Wednesday- we win.

I anticipate a defensive set up on Wednesday with Carra playing, possibly a 4141 with Carra playing in front of the back four and Bellamy sitting up top waiting to catch them on the break.

It's going to be a nervy night. Team selection/tactics will be a huge call for both managers.

Just an all round disastrous & shite evening capped by that complete & utter Disgrace of a performance if you ask me. It reminded me somewhat of that complete Joke of a performance we put in 7 or so years ago in Rafa's first season with us (2004/2005?) in January 2005 I believe when we were trying to catch the Blueshite after they'd lost to Charlton at Home. We? Followed that up with an unbelievably dire & truly awful performance against Southampton (who were relegated that season) which was every bit as bad as that completely terrible, truly pathetic & absolutely unacceptable so-called 'effort' earlier. Coincidentally with tonight? Both performances were away & in both? We Totally collapsed in the First Half most particularly at Southampton where David Prutton (?) Scored in about the same amount of time that the Red Sea parted to let in Mark Davies tonight with nothing so much as a tackle occuring.

Further to this & Also Similarly to tonight? We soon caved in again & gave up another to Crouch in '05 as with tonight & Reo-Coker's effort being allowed through by the Comedy Act that was our defence providing yet Another uncanny echo of that awful day on the South Coast. Today also reminded me of that Southampton game because? Like in 2005 there was a game virtually 'given up' around that game - In 2005 IIRR? We 'gave up' the FA Cup Burnley game for That Southampton game & Still lost - Today if it Was 'sacrificed'? Was done so for Wednesday night in which case? I hope to God history does Not repeat itself once more...........

I think Kenny is right to blast the team & tear them a new one in public - For once? I doubt we can blame Downing for this 'performance' tonight - He was OK if not bad when he came on but Adam? Truly woeful, Rodriguez who is normally competent? Utterly pathetic, Henderson? Don't make me laugh - though he was out of position & as much use as a Desert Snowball where he was played - He Might have done OK in the centre - We'll never know now. Special mention btw should also go to Enrique, Johnson, Reina, Skrtel & Agger - All of whom were utterly dire tonight And the worst players by Far on a bad, bad night for the team - That first goal? I mean WTF Was That? No-one even Tried to scythe him down or cripple him - Which judging by how precious ref's are right now? They'd have had a 50/50 chance of getting away with at least. And as to what came soon after that disaster? Words just fail me they really do. Dear oh dear, Well, One things for sure? At least we've reached The Very bottom of the barrel with that 'effort' tonight; It Can't get any worse than that & with Kenny there & In this mood? I doubt it will do. Onwards & Upwards.................

NB Is it me or is anyone else getting Really annoyed with how teams (and I don't just mean the shite sides - the big/fairly big ones do this as well just not as often. Look at Man U, Newcastle, Stoke & Everton every year for examples) Try non-stop, run all day & work themselves into the floor against us & then? Chuck one in easily & capitulate pathetically the next week in matches you'd expect them to Walk based on the performances they gave against us the week before? Don't know if anyone else has spotted that but it's seemed Particularly prevalent this season - Most of all against the shite so-called 'lower' sides & the fact the Referee's Union has something against us preventing us getting anything even from virtual assault inside the box? Just backs up such tactics. Don't know if it's all deliberate & linked or not but it seems that way to me.........

Does anyone actually bother reading these ? Fucking bizarre.

Guest San Don
Liverpool Football Club.....

How can you do that to me?

I've given you 43 years of my life and you give me that?

Against Bolton?

I'm a good man...I didn't do anything to you that warrants that!

Oh what, so the worst performance of the season and you're blabbing on like a kid!?

Do fuck off and grow a pair.

Reality is we need Stevie further up the pitch and someone else doing the holding.

Charlie Adam is chronically fucking incapable. Henderson at least has the legs to chase after and harass people and I reckon given time we could train him to tackle people.

But right now without Lucas and Spearing we basically just let teams have their wicked way with us.

I wouldn't break them up either, but can see Carragher getting a game. May even be a case for him in holding role.

If we are going to try something like that I would prefer to see Agger in front of Carra and Skrtel - but agree that we shouldn't be experimenting on Wednesday anyway. Hopefully Spearing will be fit.

Today is what happens when you try to replace 1 Lucas Leiva with 1 british midfielder. Should have stuck with 2.

Has anyone else noticed the correlation between Gerrard in CM and the appearance of that large yellow cross-hatched rectangle in midfield?

Your day has arrived!

I think we all noticed how poor we were in CM today. We were also very poor on the flanks and in the attacking third, and the defence as a whole was not good.

Reality is we need Stevie further up the pitch and someone else doing the holding.

Charlie Adam is chronically fucking incapable. Henderson at least has the legs to chase after and harass people and I reckon given time we could train him to tackle people.

But right now without Lucas and Spearing we basically just let teams have their wicked way with us.

Yeah, we need a lot of things. Most of them seem to be characteristic of where are coming from rather than where we are going though.

Amazing what a few spliffs do to calm your blood pressure, seething with Kenny and the team earlier after that performance, not really sure who is going to play or who actually deserves it, Aurelio,Kelly and Shelvey for a start, will be interesting to see if he puts one of the youngsters on the bench in replacement too.