You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Racism is a serious issue.

Guest San Don

Nobody else has heard it then? Try walking into your HR office or Headmaster's office on Monday morning and tell them you've just called a black person "negro".

Why would I do that, I havent heard it, it hasnt happened.

And if I had, and the person to whom the phrase was addressed wasnt arsed, why would I.

What is your point?

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Johnson has been learning Spanish for a couple of years. He clearly doesn't have a problem with it.

The joke is that Johnson isn't much blacker than Suarez (one half versus one quarter). But people see Johnson as black and Suarez as white.

So I think the problem, in general, is mainly that millions of people are pig ignorant.

Reuben Hazell is the perfect example of the pig ignorant moron. Mouthing off about unproven allegations of racism, and using ugly homophobic language himself.

Why would I do that, I havent heard it, it hasnt happened.

And if I had, and the person to whom the phrase was addressed wasnt arsed, why would I.

What is your point?

With Hermes, who knows?

But if it is that Luis has been running around anfield saying ne-gro, so you would've hoped one of this mates would have been smart enough to say, "be careful you live in the land of the deliberately ignorant and moralistic show boater who is only a deliberate mis-undertanding away from making your life hell". Then it's a good one.

Gordon Strachan just hit the nail on the head on the telly then. He said that when he got personal abuse off Rangers fans, he said he didn't let that alter his opinion of Rangers as a club, more that the fan himself was a moron in a scarf and would continue to be a moron when he got home.

Unfortunately, that seems too sensible an opinion for most people. If the lad who's been charged is found guilty then he deserves all he gets and should never be allowed to step foot inside Anfield again.

The frustrating thing for me about the whole Suarez affair is how people are misconstruing our view that a kangaroo court shouldn't be allowed to permanently smear somebody's reputation to one that we're condoning racism. The whole affair has been handled shambolically by the FA and I really would like to know how an ex-Wrexham player and some no-mark from a county FA are in a position to determine whether or not a player racially abused another in Spanish. It's farcical really and almost Chris Morris-esque. I honestly thought at the time and still do that the case was far too big and complex for the FA to handle, be it to the proper authorities in this country or to a European High Commission.

It doesn't help either when you've got people like that knob Herman Ousley bracketing it alongside the Stephen Lawrence case. That was a scandalous comment and he should have been brought to book for it.

Guest San Don
Gordon Strachan just hit the nail on the head on the telly then. He said that when he got personal abuse off Rangers fans, he said he didn't let that alter his opinion of Rangers as a club, more that the fan himself was a moron in a scarf and would continue to be a moron when he got home.

Unfortunately, that seems too sensible an opinion for most people. If the lad who's been charged is found guilty then he deserves all he gets and should never be allowed to step foot inside Anfield again.

The frustrating thing for me about the whole Suarez affair is how people are misconstruing our view that a kangaroo court shouldn't be allowed to permanently smear somebody's reputation to one that we're condoning racism. The whole affair has been handled shambolically by the FA and I really would like to know how an ex-Wrexham player and some no-mark from a county FA are in a position to determine whether or not a player racially abused another in Spanish. It's farcical really and almost Chris Morris-esque. I honestly thought at the time and still do that the case was far too big and complex for the FA to handle, be it to the proper authorities in this country or to a European High Commission.

It doesn't help either when you've got people like that knob Herman Ousley bracketing it alongside the Stephen Lawrence case. That was a scandalous comment and he should have been brought to book for it.

You're forgetting piara powar (FARE) who is far, far more odious as his twatter account shows.

Strachan has been very intelligent there. Being an ex manc he could have stuck the boot in but clearly can see through the shit holt, maddock, sale and powar et al are throwing up.

You're forgetting piara powar (FARE) who is far, far more odious as his twatter account shows.

Strachan has been very intelligent there. Being an ex manc he could have stuck the boot in but clearly can see through the shit holt, maddock, sale and powar et al are throwing up.

Yeah, that Powar fella has acted like a monumental bell in all of this as well but I may have missed some of his recent comments as I was abroad last week. Just that I managed to catch that Ousley's Stephen Lawrence remark and was staggered by it. It's a fucking outrageous comparison to make really and I wish there was somebody in the press with big enough bollocks to pull him up on it.

Why?

Who the fuck is "somebody at Anfield" to tell a South American he can't talk his perfectly inoffensive mother-tongue.

Doing so would be bordering on discrimination.

Well its inoffensive when he is using it when referring to a mate.

All about context isnt it. If someone had warned him about using Negro on the football field then we wouldnt have had a shit storm.

Guest San Don
I think the powar has gone to his head.

He was obviously a powar without power.

Showing himself to be an absolute cunt on twatter though.

How come the other numerous "racist incidents" at other grounds last season arnt causing the same shitstorm as this? If the lad is guilty then ban the cunt for life but racism isnt just an lfc problem like the daily manc, sky et all are making out.

You're spot on correct. But thing is the media don't have an agenda to pursue with any other club right now. Only we are in their crosshairs.

Welcome back hermes, sd has been quiet lately so good to see youve kept yourself in shape so you could be ready to step up to the mark.

What Id like to know is where mr noos is in all this. Feels very lonely, I feel like Im the only Lfc fans who is actually thoroughly enjoying this period.

Theres so many angles on this Im enjoying but top of the list is incredulous fans questioning the media and journos roles in society.

They are there to make money and control society, that is it.

Have fun yall.

Well its inoffensive when he is using it when referring to a mate.

All about context isnt it. If someone had warned him about using Negro on the football field then we wouldnt have had a shit storm.

What are you on about?

In the context of "Por Que, Negro" it is inoffensive.

It is the same as saying "Why, Black?" - which is never a racial slander in a million years, especially when coming from a South American.

He doesn't need to be warned about using anything, this shit storm has nothing to do with what he's said. This shitstorm has occurred because some in the Man Utd camp wanted it to occur.

He doesn't need to be warned about using anything, this shit storm has nothing to do with what he's said. This shitstorm has occurred because some in the Man Utd camp wanted it to occur.

Basically yep.

Thats what it boils down to. The point at which we have been brought to now is basically the result of essentially Patrice Evra hearing Luis saying "Why, Black" and then deciding one way or another he was going to cause a shitstorm over that. Funnily enough that involved making up a ludicrous version of events which was never true that few in the media have bothered to point out but anyway...

Thats basically it.

"IF" somebody screamed "Black Bastard" from the Kop then that is his fault and his fault alone. Not the fault of the millions of Liverpool fans all over the world, not the fault of Kenny, not the fault of Luis Suarez. Despite what the media would want everyone to believe.

there are a lot bigger issues in English/British football than Racism.

Our lack of Racism is about the only thing British football is better than everybody else.

Spot on, but your press is just unreal and allowed to keep spreading the lies they feel necessary to smear LFC and the players.

How it is possible to get away with this as a proffession is beyond me, and its about time LFC unleashed the lawyer.

The press constantly stirring the shit sees that we'll never be able to put this behind us. Until we counter attack we seem to be far game to any newspaper which need to up is salesnumbers on the cost of alledged racism in/arround our club.

What are you on about?

In the context of "Por Que, Negro" it is inoffensive.

It is the same as saying "Why, Black?" - which is never a racial slander in a million years, especially when coming from a South American.

Really? in the context of a heated exchange it's not. I suggest that you try saying that in argument in a similar scenario.

I really dont believe you can use subjective standards. Try a Bulgarian player monkey chanting and relying that its not construed as offensive in some parts of Bulgaria.

Whether someone in the United wanted to occur or not we shouldnt have fallen in the trap. When, initially Commoli and Kenny are telling the referees something totally different to what Suarez is saying at the hearing you know we are going to have problems.

Really? in the context of a heated exchange it's not. I suggest that you try saying that in argument in a similar scenario.

I really dont believe you can use subjective standards. Try a Bulgarian player monkey chanting and relying that its not construed as offensive in some parts of Bulgaria.

Whether someone in the United wanted to occur or not we shouldnt have fallen in the trap. When, initially Commoli and Kenny are telling the referees something totally different to what Suarez is saying at the hearing you know we are going to have problems.

Except that you have assumed that Louis was upset at the time. Yet in all the clips I,ve seen he looked remarkably calm.

1) It wasn't a heated exchange. And even if it was, yes you can. Unfortunately you're either too ignorant or too doltish to realise that "Negro" is simply a synonym for mate, pal, geezer. In fact, even that comparison is a stretch because there is no comparison. It's a different language with a different history, immersed in a different culture. Deal with it. You cannot tell the millions of Spanish speaking people that they can't use a perfectly inoffensive word just because you don't understand it.

Seriously, for the love of god, stop being an idiot.

2) What? Likening somebody to a monkey (which, incidentally, is what a Spanish speaker would do if they wanted to be racist) is a degrading action. Using a noun is not. For fucks sake. :wallbutt:

3) I agree that our backroom staff are fucking idiots.

4) Go away.

This.

I find it fucking comical that the PC brigade is in full force.

If people think Saurez and other South Americans using the word Negro is racist then they don't know what fucking racism is.

This.

If Luis had said it to Antonio Valencia or even the little Mexican shit would they have reacted in same way as Evra!? In my opinion no, because they know the language.

1) Evra doesn't know Spanish, at least natively! 2) He's probably second biggest cunt in Man Utd changing room behind Rooney so even if he knew it was innocent, he'd blow it out of proportion.

How come the other numerous "racist incidents" at other grounds last season arnt causing the same shitstorm as this? If the lad is guilty then ban the cunt for life but racism isnt just an lfc problem like the daily manc, sky et all are making out.

Which grounds and which incidents?

The only one I can recall from recent years was at Ewood Park when a Blackburn fan made monkey gestures at Dwight Yorke.

Guest San Don

Conspiracy theories? Well how about this;

Last night, the on line torygraph was running an article on joe hart ahead of the city united game. Nothing out of the ordinary there.

But, the headline for the article was 'Abuse is all part of the fun!'

This has now been changed to "Manchester United fans will vent their anger at me but I relish the challenge"

OK, no change there, then.