You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did anyone just see Behind The Ropes on Sky Sports 1. The contrast between Khan before the Garcia fight and now couldn't be more stark. Before his last fight Khan was going to war with sparring partners, he was spending very little time with Freddie Roach and he was clearly lacking focus. Virgil Hunter is running a very different camp. IN many aspects he's taken Khan back to school, he's totally focused on boxing, he's focused on Khan not getting hit and Khan in turn seems much more relaxed and focused.

Virgil Hunter comes across extremely well and the show itself was excellent. If you get chance make sure you catch the repeat.

Did anyone just see Behind The Ropes on Sky Sports 1. The contrast between Khan before the Garcia fight and now couldn't be more stark. Before his last fight Khan was going to war with sparring partners, he was spending very little time with Freddie Roach and he was clearly lacking focus. Virgil Hunter is running a very different camp. IN many aspects he's taken Khan back to school, he's totally focused on boxing, he's focused on Khan not getting hit and Khan in turn seems much more relaxed and focused.

Virgil Hunter comes across extremely well and the show itself was excellent. If you get chance make sure you catch the repeat.

Good show that I hope Khan takes it all on board and shows how good a kid he was and gets back on top.

What's happened to Roach? One of the most respected coaches in the world but then involved in high profile defeats to his premier fighters all of which seem to pint of shorter training camps and interruptions - I'm talking Khan, Pacquiao and Chavez here.

I need to watch this; hopefully it's on the iPad Sky app thing. I was pretty gutted when I missed it. I hope Khan comes in as this new animal but I can't see it.

I doubt he'll ever lose that desire to prove his chin; he's great for boxing and even better for the fans but not all that great for himself. It's why it made me laugh when people said GBP & HBO will be gutted he lost to Garcia.

GBP and HBO love Khan, how easy are his fights to sell? People will watch Khan all day everyday. They just wish he'd continued winning so they could of cashing in on a Mayweather fight.

More to do with a man that boxing isn't his number 1 priority anymore IMO.

IMO his political career became more important.

He was never that good in the first place; Mayweather made himself so love/hate in the eyes of the fans that anybody in or around his weight was always going to be catapulted into superstardom.

The public wanted to have somebody who could beat Floyd. They chose Pacquiao; we're as much to blame about the fight not happening as they are.

What's happened to Roach? One of the most respected coaches in the world but then involved in high profile defeats to his premier fighters all of which seem to pint of shorter training camps and interruptions - I'm talking Khan, Pacquiao and Chavez here.

Khan managed to get to where he was by being a world class fighter, Manny cherry picked his way to his untouchable status and Chavez Jr was just a flat track bully.

Any coach who doesn't teach defence will always be found wanting in the end, this is boxing for fuck sake.

He was never that good in the first place; Mayweather made himself so love/hate in the eyes of the fans that anybody in or around his weight was always going to be catapulted into superstardom.

The public wanted to have somebody who could beat Floyd. They chose Pacquiao; we're as much to blame about the fight not happening as they are.

Not having that.

The fights with Barerra,Morales,Cotto,Hatton fights proved his ability.

Yeah enjoyed that, Hunter come across an interesting trainer, no wonder Ward is so good. I have my doubts about Khan soaking up the tactical side though, from what we've seen he loses all calm when put under pressure and he's pretty poor at boxing on the inside. I hope he does change as I love watching him fight but I have my doubts.

Not having that.

The fights with Barerra,Morales,Cotto,Hatton fights proved his ability.

Can't agree, Barerra was well over the hill. Cotto was weight drained like nobody's business and Hatton, well Hatton was never THAT good, plus his lifestyle caught up on him.

There's a reason Pacquiao wouldn't fight Cotto at 154, he's the catchweight, cherry picking king.

Barerra hadnt been beat in 3 and a half years,and that was to Morales.

One loss since 98 and had beaten Kevin Kelly,Tapia,Morales,Hamed,Valbuena in his last few bouts.Hardly over the hill

Pacquiao is too small for a true 154lber,Cotto would have come into the fight close to 170lb.

The man started his career at 106lb

His serious degenerative illness can't have helped, in fairness. He's still a relatively young man so I'm sure he'll keep working as long as he possibly can to provide for his future. It's inevitable that the results and champions will continue to dry up though.

In terms of Saturday, it's not outside the bounds of possibility that Khan gets done again. As always, his fight will provide great entertainment.