You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Which Striker Should We Get In January?

Guest LFD

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Im not bitter when it comes to Rafa at all, I simply understood he had nothing more to offer.

I think you've got a major blind-spot when it comes to Rafa. You ignore many pertinent details in order to come to your own conclusion. That's fine, you're welcome to your own opinion, but don't act as if you've got some objective inside track on the manager's ability or what he had to offer.

• Replies 698
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Its a tough one; I'm really torn when it comes to the prospect of Torres signing. On one hand, he's a shitcunt with shithouse AIDS who shafted us on the last day of the transfer season. On the other, he was one of our best ever players for a time, so I feel a small hint of belief that he's a very good player who has made some bad choices.

From the minute he scored against Chelsea that day, to the minute I heard he'd handed in a transfer request, I had unshakeable faith in his ability and his character. He fucked us over, he's rocking on 28, and as he's shown at Chelsea and for Spain, he's nowhere near as prolific when he's not the spearhead of an attack.

I can't see him wanting to come back, either. Not if we're not in the Champions League. He's a Merc.

People seriously need to do something about their bitterness, its not really a good trait.

Its not about bitterness. Its about getting the best for the club and do well in whatever competitions we're in.

Don't get sentimental. Get real. He's not performing for Chelsea and Spain NT. I and many others will consider if he's banging in goals for Spain NT and not Chelsea but he's clearly not and doesn't look interested anymore.

20mil or even 10mil we shouldn't waste on him. There are many good strikers out there and if we're willing to wait we might save a little. After all no one wants the hopeless Carroll anyway in January and we don't have 20mil to fucking spend in either in this window.

I would take Torres back for 20m. He would have to fit back into the wage structure and apologise. On the footballing side of it I think he would form a great partnership with Suarez. We make so many chances and don't finish them off. Nando would get his mojo back with us quickly. Even if he missed a chance or two another one would come along quickly, such is the way Kenny has us playing these days. Nando would be back amongst the goals and his Chelsea hiatus would be forgiven.

The over riding pragmatist in me agrees with this. At £20m he's value for money that probably won't exist elsewhere in January. Hopefully Carroll would learn a thing or two from him about goalscoring also.

Its a tough one; I'm really torn when it comes to the prospect of Torres signing. On one hand, he's a shitcunt with shithouse AIDS who shafted us on the last day of the transfer season. On the other, he was one of our best ever players for a time, so I feel a small hint of belief that he's a very good player who has made some bad choices.

From the minute he scored against Chelsea that day, to the minute I heard he'd handed in a transfer request, I had unshakeable faith in his ability and his character. He fucked us over, he's rocking on 28, and as he's shown at Chelsea and for Spain, he's nowhere near as prolific when he's not the spearhead of an attack.

I can't see him wanting to come back, either. Not if we're not in the Champions League. He's a Merc.

Fernando Torres ——— At this stage you and your empty soul must be feeling like everything are just vanity and seeking after wind. You dared on a high game, and you was called. The verdict was harsh and clear, like hammers blows to the church bell. Suddenly they saw you as the vile little garbage you are ——— The spineless soldier, the corrupt lieutenant, and the money-hungry trench harlot. I pray for you, that your time in hell will be short. Yes. I believe that you suffered enough. You are broken whorematerial. Your mind are poisoned, and with Vultures circulating over you yours is the rotten corpse eaten by the desert.

/JOVAN

Maybe we could play in blue to make him feel at home? Chelsea could throw in that banner they made for him with the shankly gates. Maybe they could throw Dennis wise in to sweeten the deal. sounds great im in.

The issue is not what Tores was, but what he is now.

With strikers, sometimes it is about a special set of cirumstances, which he undoubtedly had here.His form was not about the Anfield turf, it was about the alchemy of Rafa, the tactics and the players on the pitch with him, all of which have changed.

Desire is so important to playing success. He is now fabulously wealthy, in London.We couldn't afford his wages, and would he come back (this window) when we have no idea whether we will be able to offfer EL or CL offer, if either, next season?

He was a great player. but the moment for him, and Liverpool, is past. The Torres/Carroll £85m must go down as the greatest folly in transfer history. At least we were net beneficiaries.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Maybe we could play in blue to make him feel at home? Chelsea could throw in that banner they made for him with the shankly gates. Maybe they could throw Dennis wise in to sweeten the deal. sounds great im in.

:D

Fair comments.

The issue is not what Tores was, but what he is now.

With strikers, sometimes it is about a special set of cirumstances, which he undoubtedly had here.His form was not about the Anfield turf, it was about the alchemy of Rafa, the tactics and the players on the pitch with him, all of which have changed.

Desire is so important to playing success. He is now fabulously wealthy, in London.We couldn't afford his wages, and would he come back (this window) when we have no idea whether we will be able to offfer EL or CL offer, if either, next season?

He was a great player. but the moment for him, and Liverpool, is past. The Torres/Carroll £85m must go down as the greatest folly in transfer history. At least we were net beneficiaries.

I agree ——— Fame is a magnifying glass.

I do not think Torres has faded away. I think he has been burned out. There is nothing left in him but a dark hole filled with worms.

When we look for new striking powers we should not only look at young talent but also for new football areals. We must expand in minds or we will keep on snapping our foots of in the same bear trap.

/JOVAN

Fernando Torres ——— At this stage you and your empty soul must be feeling like everything are just vanity and seeking after wind. You dared on a high game, and you was called. The verdict was harsh and clear, like hammers blows to the church bell. Suddenly they saw you as the vile little garbage you are ——— The spineless soldier, the corrupt lieutenant, and the money-hungry trench harlot. I pray for you, that your time in hell will be short. Yes. I believe that you suffered enough. You are broken whorematerial. Your mind are poisoned, and with Vultures circulating over you yours is the rotten corpse eaten by the desert.

/JOVAN

Is this the next mong to try and write in Broken English, like Queresma? Who blatantly wasn't foreign either.

I'll take that as a yes.

Too obvious mate. Must. Try. Harder

Now I no longer understand your writings and you was the one screaming for better English. You are a insult to your country and this forum which I read is about discussing football.

This is not your living room.

And if it where I would shit right on your carpet.

I then would f**k your wife on the sofa.

She would not be screaming for better English. That I assure you.

I can't be arsed with all the - 'he's a cunt - he left because we weren't good enough for him' drama. He's a professional footballer. He left. He may be leaving Chelsea. That said, I wouldn't want him back. He's lost it. He might get it back someday, but then again he might not.

Over recent years we've been more like an animal rescue centre than a football club. Tell you what, why don't we pitch for a player who is the finished article, who's head and feet are in the right place? He can step into the team straight away and start delivering?

That would be nice.

Now I no longer understand your writings and you was the one screaming for better English. You are a insult to your country and this forum which I read is about discussing football.

hahaha! Well in Zorro

You've raised some fair points about me, I'm happy to be an insult to the forum and the country, but you're the one sitting behind a keyboard pretending to write in broken English. A little perspective is required.

You weren't subtle enough to begin with. If you'd started off a little less over the top, you may have got away with it, but your post in the Cern thread and here, have really shown your game up.

By all means, have a go on my Mrs. Anything that keeps her quiet and away from me for 15 seconds is fine by me.

You've raised some fair points about me, I'm happy to be an insult to the forum and the country, but you're the one sitting behind a keyboard pretending to write in broken English. A little perspective is required.

You weren't subtle enough to begin with. If you'd started off a little less over the top, you may have got away with it, but your post in the Cern thread and here, have really shown your game up.

By all means, have a go on my Mrs. Anything that keeps her quiet and away from me for 15 seconds is fine by me.

you're probably right about him, but he is sort of amusing

Relax, they are all trolls. Leave them be.

I can't be arsed with all the - 'he's a cunt - he left because we weren't good enough for him' drama. He's a professional footballer. He left. He may be leaving Chelsea. That said, I wouldn't want him back. He's lost it. He might get it back someday, but then again he might not.

Over recent years we've been more like an animal rescue centre than a football club. Tell you what, why don't we pitch for a player who is the finished article, who's head and feet are in the right place? He can step into the team straight away and start delivering?

That would be nice.

Hahaha!

Torres stare is blank. You can tell that he is completely soulless and it is the kind of soulless when you are aware of your own emptiness. It is the kind of soulless when you know it is over and it is your own fault. It is almost close to suicide.

I think our players have been to nice to him. They should go talk to the papers of how worthless Torres is. That would push him over the edge.

If you'd started off a little less over the top, you may have got away with it, but your post in the Cern thread and here, have really shown your game up.

I had to go back to the thread about CERN to read what I wrote, because I did not in any way remember it as controversial. "God does not give horns to a cow that likes to gore." is an old Serbian Proverb which I think comes from Russia originally (like most of our sayings). I looked up the exact English meaning of it:

"Overzealous people often don't have means to do what they would like to."

I think that is a far comment.

I think you are a ass.

What I have been writing on here is on Torres. I agree that some of the comments on him could be over the top, if you like sucking Chelsea c**k.

You are still very much ridicoulus, mister.