You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Beckenbauer and FIFA set to make offside rule simpler to understand Read more: http:

satansmutt

I don't agree with that one.I know it sounds far fetched but how long would it take Baconface brigade to have some sort off friendly 1-1 agreement.

I'd rather we had the head to head tie breaker than goal difference and goals scored. If teams are tied at the end of the head to head result or a playoff for the more important relegation european spots.

Guest Gucci_Ledge

As well as all the ones mentioned. There are a few others which annoy me too. Offiside should go back to being 'clear daylight'. You see some offsides where one hand or one toe is slightly ahead, and everyone says "good decision. that's offside!" or "no way is that a goal, he's offside!!". does my head in. that's not why the rule was created. it was to stop people taking the piss, not to deny a goal for 1 or 2cm of difference.

Also when a player concedes a free kick, then picks up the ball and jogs off with it before casually returning the ball 5 seconds later. or generally interrupting the taking of a free kick. nowhere does it state the defending team should all be allowed to in a position of their choosing or be allowed to all track back before a free kick's taken unless it's a direct free kick to the goal an a wall needs to be made.

A couple of things I would do away with:

1 - when a player goes down injured - whether faking it or not - and the opposition win possession, play should continue until the injured (or not?) player's side regain possession. They can then choose to put the ball out of play and let their teammate get treatment, or get on with the game. It pisses me off that the other side often have to halt a perfectly legitimate attack by putting the ball out of play. The ref then has to restart play with a drop-ball, which the injured (?) player's side more often than not hoof upfield. It is a needless way of killing the flow of a game, and certain teams have taken it to extremes to gain an advantage (the Portuguese national team and its clubs in particular).

2 - Free kicks INSIDE the penalty area (for the attacking side). Usually this is when the goalkeeper has handled a back pass. The problem is, there is often no way for the defending side to get back 10 yards, and all it leads to is a waste of a free kick for the attacking side, and/or the possibility of players sustaining injuries in the melee that usually follows. Give a penalty and simplify the whole thing.

I don't see why the game needs stopped for injuries at all,just let the game carry on and let the physio come onto the pitch.Except serious injuries.

I'd like to see time actualy stopped for the ball going out of play aswell,stop them thundercunts we are playing tonight taking 30-45 seconds for everyone of the throw ins,they must waste a good 5mins a game.

Guest davelfc
I don't see why the game needs stopped for injuries at all,just let the game carry on and let the physio come onto the pitch.Except serious injuries.

I'd like to see time actualy stopped for the ball going out of play aswell,stop them thundercunts we are playing tonight taking 30-45 seconds for everyone of the throw ins,they must waste a good 5mins a game.

There is a simple way to beat delap, take as much time taking a throw in as he does, the ref will soon get pissed off with the delays and act.

I hate the one where the linesman doesnt flag until the attacking player gets to the ball. It fucking does my nut in. For a start the attacking player could sprint 30/40 yards to a ball wasting energy and risking injury when a linesman could flag early.

Secondly it becomes a massive grey area. I've seen a few incidents where players have cleared the ball for a throw because they were under pressure from offside players but couldn't take the risk of letting them get the ball and be flagged offside because the linesman hadn't flagged. It's only a matter of time before this leads to a goal and subsequent uproar.

In this instance and generally all offside positions the linesman should be flagging straight away and it's up to the ref to decide if the player is active or not.

In general I think the offside rule should be all in one phase. If you are offside then you should not play part in an attack until the ball is cleared by the opponentor that attack is stopped.

Just abolish offside. Simple.

Don't think that's a good idea.

They just need to make it - if a play is offside (interferring or not interferring with play) then it is offside.

Get rid of all that second phase crap and letting play go on if a player is offside but not involved with play.

That would make it simple, but effective.

1 - when a player goes down injured - whether faking it or not - and the opposition win possession, play should continue until the injured (or not?) player's side regain possession. They can then choose to put the ball out of play and let their teammate get treatment, or get on with the game. It pisses me off that the other side often have to halt a perfectly legitimate attack by putting the ball out of play. The ref then has to restart play with a drop-ball, which the injured (?) player's side more often than not hoof upfield. It is a needless way of killing the flow of a game, and certain teams have taken it to extremes to gain an advantage (the Portuguese national team and its clubs in particular).

Is it not current practice to keep possession and it is up to the ref to indicate to put the ball out? I know that 9 times out of 10 the ref will tell the side attacking to put the ball out after a few moments because of the constant whining of the defending team at the ref. So I suppose your point stands Trumo!

In the words of our esteemed editor I dont really know where I was going with that!