You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 565
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 8 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Jebediah Springfield: People, our search is over! On this site we shall build a new town where we can worship freely, govern justly, and grow vast fields of hemp for making rope and blankets.

Shelbyville : Yes! And marry our cousins.

Jebediah:I was- wha... what are you talking about, Shelbyville? Why would we want to marry our cousins?

Shelbyville : Because they're so attractive. I... I thought that was the whole point of this journey.

Jebediah: Absolutely not!

Shelbyville: I tell you, I won't live in a town that robs me of the right to marry their cousins!

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Not necessarily a classic, or all-time great, but Bart after dark is really, really funny. It manages to fit in a good range of characters and we get to see what makes them all boss. That's pretty impressive as Homer, Bart and Marge get a lot of screen time. Capped off by a tremendous song and who doesn't like seeing a town hall meeting descend into an angry mob?

Homer: Awww. This isn't gonna be about Jesus, is it?

Reverend Lovejoy: All things are about Jesus, Homer. Except this. Your son has been working in a burlesque house.

Helen Lovejoy: Principal Skinner saw him with his own eyes.

Principal Skinner: That's true, but I was only in there to get directions on how to get away from there.

I should have clarified that by classic, I mean an episode that would make into my, or most other people's, top 20-25 ever. When you look down the list between season 4-11, you see that's really stiff competition and no reflection on the episode itself.

Although this did make me reconsider:

tumblr_lauembwDNo1qzl49zo1_1280.png?AWSA

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...