You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Player most improved under Kenny?

Wor Horse

Player most improved under Kenny.  

128 members have voted

1. 1. Player most improved under Kenny.

Johnson. Speo hasn't improved exactly, he's playing his natural game. Johnson's star had been waning under Rafa and he was a dead loss under Hodgson.

Skrtel has been as inconsistant as ever. Always knew Meireles had it if he was played centrally. Dirk is Dirk. Agger is in intensive care somewhere, having bruised his toe.

Guest PurpleNose

Skrtel. He's a lot less blatant with his wrestling, better in the air, and has generally responded well to added responsibility.

It's probably Skrtel for my money. The lad was a carthorse this season but is now a really steady player. I'm still waiting for the big fuck up around the corner, but he is unrecognisable from the player prior to Kennys arrival.

I was thinking of putting in Jay but he has never really been given a chance so he’s not coming from been crap to being good, more like he is coming from not been trusted to been trusted.

All of them deserve to be on the list though. Johnson is maybe just as deserving of the tag, but I’ll give it to Martin.

Guest ShoePiss

Spearing is getting votes based on the last couple of games. If this poll was done last month Raul would be streets ahead.

I think it will be good to look at this at the end of the season taking all games this year under the King into account.

Kenny has had an awesome effect on all our players but in particular our defence. Maybe it is as a result of the confidence he has injected into the players in front of Pepe, some of whom are like new signings for us. But for me we have always known that Pepe is world class and arguably one of our most consistant performers since his arrival here but he was massively underperforming this season pre King. So im going to have to say Pepe, hes back to his best keeping us in games with breathtaking saves and releasing counter attacks every chance he gets.

Its amazing how confidence and belief in each other can have such a dramatic effect on a defence, just 2 weeks ago most were saying our priority was that we needed to be bulk buying defenders in the summer. Now i dont think it would be the end of the world if the bulk of our kitty went else where in the team.