Quantcast
*Shakes head* Everton again. - Page 2071 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Fugitive

*Shakes head* Everton again.

18 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

Most likely. “Born not bred” or some other nonsense. 

A quick Wiki search tells me The Ev are still England’s 6th most successful side. They should be celebrating that fact rather whatever cringeworthy shite they’ll come up with. 

Funny the way they've been happy sucking Man City off the last few years yet Man City overtook them in terms of trophies won - 20 to Everton's 15 a few seasons ago. But as long as it pisses off der redshite. 

3 minutes ago, magicrat said:

If we hadn't been so dominant that would have been an excellent decade for any club. I saw Everton play at Spurs when they won the title and they were superb. Reid had the ball on a string. They has some very good players ,

Any side that beat us to the title in those days had to be fucking good. Better... nah 

Most Liverpool fans can accept that they were a really good side. I actually liked them as most of my mates in school supported Everton, they played some really good football. 

But barely any of them can even say through gritted teeth that we had some of the best teams ever so they just invent conspiracy theories to constantly chip away at any achievement. 

The fella I mentioned who was my boss is a very intelligent, articulate and fair minded person. Yet get him on the subject of Liverpool and all that just goes out the window. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Doctor Troy said:

Most Liverpool fans can accept that they were a really good side. I actually liked them as most of my mates in school supported Everton, they played some really good football. 

But barely any of them can even say through gritted teeth that we had some of the best teams ever so they just invent conspiracy theories to constantly chip away at any achievement. 

The fella I mentioned who was my boss is a very intelligent, articulate and fair minded person. Yet get him on the subject of Liverpool and all that just goes out the window. 

I know , have the same issue with some of my mates that lose all objectivity when it comes to Everton. Never like that back in the eighties when we had the best two teams in the league and could have a genuine good -natured exchange  about things. One of my guilty secrets is going to the Ev v Watford cup final . I was down in London at the time and one of my Bluenose mates rang and said he had a spare and would I come ( no charge ).

Had to say had a bloody good day on the lash with them . Who the fuck would dream of doing that these days ?

14 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

Funny the way they've been happy sucking Man City off the last few years yet Man City overtook them in terms of trophies won - 20 to Everton's 15 a few seasons ago. But as long as it pisses off der redshite. 

Their biggest downfall is comparing themselves to us. It sets ridiculous expectations they’ll never match. 

They might be the 2nd most successful  side in Liverpool, but they are more successful that 86 other English clubs. 

3 hours ago, suzy said:

I don’t know if this has been mentioned but that awful mint green kit- apparently it’s called ‘sea foam’ I kid you not!

Isn't that the name of a My Little Pony?

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, an tha said:

Put your last nicker on it being a peoples club/we used to go the game style effort that portrays their inferiority complex perfectly.

Fixed

2 hours ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Isn't that the name of a My Little Pony?

1 hour ago, suzy said:

You tell me!!

Fender (and others) have been making seafoam green guitars for years. I'd be very surprised if @Carvalho Diablo doesn't have, or has had, at least one seafoam green instrument in his extensive collection.

Fender-Vintera-50s-strat-Green.jpg

24 minutes ago, General Dryness said:

Fender (and others) have been making seafoam green guitars for years. I'd be very surprised if @Carvalho Diablo doesn't have, or has had, at least one seafoam green instrument in his extensive collection.

Fender-Vintera-50s-strat-Green.jpg

Never owned a strat, never owned a seafoam green guitar either mate.

And I love both. Go figure.

11 minutes ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

Never owned a strat, never owned a seafoam green guitar either mate.

And I love both. Go figure.

Didn't you have a green one of those Charvel Surfcasters mate? Or was that surf green?

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, General Dryness said:

Didn't you have a green one of those Charvel Surfcasters mate? Or was that surf green?

Still got my Jackson SC1 Surfcaster but it's "trans-ivory" with a maple board with black sharkfins. Beautiful guitar and yes, they did do the Surfs in seafoam green too.

You might be mixing up my Surf with my Logan custom tele, which is emerald green burst.

Pretty sure I posted some pics on the site a few years back. Still got both.

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

Still got my Jackson SC1 Surfcaster but it's "trans-ivory" with a maple board with black sharkfins. Beautiful guitar and yes, they did do the Surfs in seafoam green too.

You might be mixing up my Surf with my Logan custom tele, which is emerald green burst.

Pretty sure I posted some pics on the site a few years back. Still got both.

Yeah that's probably what happened. Nice looking instrument that tele as I recall.

7 hours ago, suzy said:

I don’t know if this has been mentioned but that awful mint green kit- apparently it’s called ‘sea foam’ I kid you not!

BMD Jizz is its proper scientific name...

• Upvote 1

High horse FC off on one about Pickford getting death threats from teenagers in Bangladesh, Nigeria and South Africa on Twatter.

"Fucking vile fanbase lad"

20201028_120051.jpg

1 hour ago, Doctor Troy said:

High horse FC off on one about Pickford getting death threats from teenagers in Bangladesh, Nigeria and South Africa on Twatter.

"Fucking vile fanbase lad"

20201028_120051.jpg

These are not the headlines you are supposed to look for, move along, move along