You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

I have no problem with Everton getting a new stadium. As stated above, it is likely to be good for the city. Modern-day Liverpool-Everton rivalry is rubbish. We used to have something that was a little bit different to the rivalry between fans of teams from most cities. It's a crying shame that that is no longer the case. Personally, I'd like to see a return to how things were when I was growing up - successful Liverpool and Everton teams and a healthy rivalry. They were genuinely great times and the icing on the cake was, that while both clubs won trophies, we won more than them.

• Upvote 7

He's shown me a video of a blue outside the Kop singing

"We're on the march with Ronnie's army

We're all going to Bramley Dock

You'll be in your massive stand

With an IPad in your hand

"and *something else which rhymed with Dock, possibly clock*

This actually happened. 

https://twitter.com/Jay_Castley/status/844601175605460993

Last line "singing gutted your noir famous anymore" or something along them lines. The fucking virgin. 

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/mar/23/everton-waterfront-bramley-moore-dock-merseyside-stadium

"The Merseyside club have reached a financial agreement with Peel Holdings, the landowner, for their preferred location for a new home after 125 years at Goodison Park"

"Everton only acquiring the land once funding for the stadium is in place"

"Farhad Moshiri, the club’s major shareholder who has pursued the more complicated and expensive option of moving to the banks of the Mersey, has still to acquire funding for the stadium and planning permission will also be needed before Everton can leave Goodison."

So they are announcing that they have reached an agreement for the location of the stadium, but as yet don't have the money for it.

Is that it? They've reached an agreement to buy the land when/big fucking if they get the finance to build the stadium! Christ almighty, the way they've been hyping this announcement all week I thought it was all going to be in place. Where's the stadium money Bill?

Well I've managed to free a night next week for Katy Perry to come over, now I just need her to agree and to find a way to contact her.

I have decided to build myself a new mansion in Ainsdale.Spoke to the land owner and he gave me a price, also said i don't have to pay until its built. All i need now is the council to pay for my long driveway, a huge mortgage and planning permission.

• Upvote 3

I have decided to build myself a new mansion in Ainsdale.Spoke to the land owner and he gave me a price, also said i don't have to pay until its built. All i need now is the council to pay for my long driveway, a huge mortgage and planning permission.

But you have a fat corrupt mate who can probably swing you a deal on the tarmac for the driveway, he's even said that you don't need to pay him for it for a few years as he'll just cut back on buying his kids food until you can afford it.

What a huge anti-climax.

"Yeah, the lands yours for £30m. You do have the £30m, don't you? And the money to build the stadium? And planning permission?"

"Erm....can we get back to you on that one?"

They've done exactly what they did when Moshiri first joined them. They've read stuff into things that have been said and applied liberal doses of interpretation. Just like they convinced themselves of £200m transfer market splurges based on next to fuck all, they've convinced themselves that today was going to be a massive announcement with all singing and dancing stadium mock ups etc.

It's a step in the right direction for them, but it's all a bit of a damp Everton and is nothing we didn't hear before re: Walton Hall Park or the Kings Dock etc.

Unless Joe has an ace up his sleeve....

What a huge anti-climax.

"Yeah, the lands yours for £30m. You do have the £30m, don't you? And the money to build the stadium? And planning permission?"

"Erm....can we get back to you on that one?"

They've done exactly what they did when Moshiri first joined them. They've read stuff into things that have been said and applied liberal doses of interpretation. Just like they convinced themselves of £200m transfer market splurges based on next to fuck all, they've convinced themselves that today was going to be a massive announcement with all singing and dancing stadium mock ups etc.

It's a step in the right direction for them, but it's all a bit of a damp Everton and is nothing we didn't hear before re: Walton Hall Park or the Kings Dock etc.

Unless Joe has an ace up his sleeve....

fc2fca5cc8833d35c92822a6af386914480a4e7c