You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2011

Kopite Pete

Bolton manager Owen Coyle has dismissed speculation linking star defender Gary Cahill with a big-money move to Liverpool as "without foundation".

Cahill has been in the spotlight for much of the summer.

Arsenal have been leading the list of clubs interested in acquiring the England international, although so far there has been no formal bid for the 25-year-old.

However, the latest report in the Daily Mail - although it does appear somewhat mild - seems to have irritated Coyle.

"This story is without a shred of foundation," he said.

"It is irresponsible. To just reel words off is in poor taste.

"Nothing surprises you in football but people should have more knowledge of the background for anything before they write it.

"It doesn't faze me. I am not raging about it. I am just making a point."

The odds would still seem to be stacked against Cahill being at Bolton by the time the present transfer window closes in September.

Coyle insists he is remaining focused on the start of the new Premier League season in another week's time, and the same goes for Cahill as well.

"Gary had been through that much and read so many things, he is really focused. That is the way we will treat it," said Coyle.

"It is not difficult for me either because there is nothing to chat about.

"There are 27 days left. This is another one. Nothing has happened, there is nothing concrete, there is nothing to report.

"If someone leaves, it will be the right business for the club but I don't pre-occupy myself with thoughts like that when I have a team to prepare for the rest of the season.

"If anything happens, we will re-adjust. At the moment it is hypothetical, so will focus on the players we want to add to the club."

... these fees are used to judge the manager and fuel expectation of the fans. It's nothing too serious of course but I can see how it could be frustrating for some.

Exactly this. Remember how certain media fuckers used transfer fees (alleged) as a stick to beat Rafa.

Chelsea have signed midfielder Oriol Romeu on a four-year contract from Barcelona for £4.35m.

The fee was agreed 11 days ago and the deal includes a buy-back clause of 10m euros after one year and 15m euros after two for the Spanish champions.

BBC Sport - Chelsea sign midfielder Oriol Romeu from Barcelona

Wonder what they're going to put the cash towards? ............any ideas Abs?

uo7DF.jpg

Blackpool have signed Liverpool midfielder Tom Ince on a permanent deal following his successful trial at Bloomfield Road.

The 19-year-old, son of the former England and Manchester United midfielder Paul, has featured in the Seasiders' last three pre-season games.

He has signed a two-year deal with an option for a further year.

Ince, who turned down a new contract at Anfield in search of first-team football, will be in the squad for the opener at Hull.

Blackpool have signed Liverpool midfielder Tom Ince on a permanent deal following his successful trial at Bloomfield Road.

The 19-year-old, son of the former England and Manchester United midfielder Paul, has featured in the Seasiders' last three pre-season games.

He has signed a two-year deal with an option for a further year.

Ince, who turned down a new contract at Anfield in search of first-team football, will be in the squad for the opener at Hull.

I think that game is on the box. Might keep an eye on it to see how Ince Jnr and Bruna get on, if they're involved.

AC Milan are supposedly interested in Fiorentina's Riccardo Montolivo. Perhaps it is just a negotiating tactic to progress any Aquilani deal, or maybe Fiorentina are closer to an Aquilani deal and are prepared to let Montolivo go, given that he only has 1 year left on his contract. If Aquilani is prepared to stay and fight for his place, and maybe show his pre-season form and commitment for when it really matters, then there is still room for a player of his ability in our squad. He has to WANT it though.

Football | Serie A | Agent: Montolivo wanted by AC Milan | ESPNSTAR.com

Agent: Montolivo wanted by AC Milan

The agent of midfielder Riccardo Montolivo claims AC Milan are in talks with Fiorentina over a proposed deal for the player.

Last month, Fiorentina director of sport Pantaleo Corvino conceded the club are unlikely to keep hold of their unsettled skipper after he refused to sign a new contract at the end of last season.

The 26-year-old's current deal expires next summer and reports indicate that AC Milan, Inter Milan and Juventus are all keen on snapping up the Italy international for a cut-price deal.

"I think Milan have talked to Fiorentina; we will only talk when Fiorentina have reached an agreement," Giovanni Branchini, the player's agent told Gazzetta dello Sport.

"[A transfer to Milan] is a decision that belongs only to Fiorentina."

Branchini also defended Montolivo's decision to not pen a new deal at the Florence-based outfit.

"I want to make it clear that the right not to extend a contract is the same for a player and for a club," he said.

"Throughout Europe and in the world, a footballer plays until the last day of his contract with the maximum commitment, without being the subject of a soap opera, which unfortunately has been the case in Florence.

"Montolivo has not asked to be transferred, nor has he put pressure to be transferred to this or that club, despite what has been written in these suspicious times."

AC Milan has so far been coy on admitting an interest in the player out of respect to Fiorentina's owner, the Della Valle family.

Is Upson a free agent now? If so he could be a cheap short term solve for centre half cover/competition.

Not for me. Its debatable whether he would have been good enough at his best, definitely not good enough now in my opinion.

Is Upson a free agent now? If so he could be a cheap short term solve for centre half cover/competition.

Yeah thats right. Waste all that time trying to shift the dead wood out only to replace it with the same kind of shit we can't shift 10 minutes later. give this man a medal!

Yeah thats right. Waste all that time trying to shift the dead wood out only to replace it with the same kind of shit we can't shift 10 minutes later. give this man a medal!

I'm not suggesting giving him a 5 year contract on Jovanovic like wages, but maybe he could do a 2 year job if, and i'm only saying if, we can't bring in someone as a first choice option.

Cheers for the medal.