You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2011

Kopite Pete

Maybe Raul will be the odd man out? Shame because I liked him but CM is starting to look very congested even in Henderson is primarily a RM. Perhaps Kenny might think Raul and Stevie are too similar - can't really see them in the same side. Easier to imagine Adam and Gerrard in the same team.

Rumour mill on twitter implying Raul is on his way. Shame but I can understand the decision.

It would be a shame, despite being a bit of a pansy in the tackle thought he was a very classy, technical midfielder. Plus his shaved head was cool as fuck.

We'd better not make a loss on him if we sell.

It totally logical Raul was always going to struggle to get a game in our team after signing Henderson and our other targets, he fell in between two stalls in that he was never a CM in the PL and never a wide player but in the Portugal or Spanish system he is a class player, we just had better players for the PL in the positions he played

I've just realised that no-one will ever click on any link I ever post again, but that one from Surreal Football is actually quite timely. He had a go at some forum for reposting one of his articles the other day, so I'm not copying and pasting it. You will just have to trust me. Haha.

His best position is attacking central midfielder. Which also happens to be Gerrard's. Who is far, far superior. We have these 2 plus Joke Cole vying for the spot, and given we probably won't be able to shift the latter - the best option would be to cash in on someone who would be able to generate a decent amount of revenue given his reputation in Europe.

Only as a sub or if get a huge injury crisis

Now he wants an improved contract which doesnt make sense for a squad player who wont get many games

I think he will get games because he's good enough Nick. He's been very important in the way Kenny has had us playing as his movement and intelligent passing was playing a major part in our attacking creativity. People go on about Carroll coming in for the last two games and us turning to shite, but in my opinion it was clearly more about us missing Meireles in those games because we had no-one else buzzing about between the midfield and the attack.

I think he will get games because he's good enough Nick. He's been very important in the way Kenny has had us playing as his movement and intelligent passes was playing a major part in our attacking creativity. People go on about Carroll coming in for the last two games and us turning to shite, but in my opinion it was clearly that we missed Meireles in those games.

Dont think Kenny sees like you do otherwise he wouldnt be buying Adam and Henderson.

This is going round in circles best to agree we share a different opinion on this subject

Only when you start to think of the team for next season does it become clearer who will be struggling to make the team. We already are struggling to get 2 from Lucas, Henderson and Adam

Dont think Kenny sees like you do otherwise he wouldnt be buying Adam and Henderson.

This is going round in circles best to agree we share a different opinion on this subject

Only when you start to think of the team for next season does it become clearer who will be struggling to make the team. We already are struggling to get 2 from Lucas, Henderson and Adam

Guess we will find out if Meireles goes, but six midfielders for three positions is fine by me, and I do think three of them are probably going to have to accept more bench time but that's tough shit really.

It's the law of tooth and claw.

Its crazy, if anywhere we were already fairly strong on the pitch it was CM, so we go out and seem to try and buy another 5 CM's. Adam, Henderson, McCarthy and threaten to bring Aquilani back. No wingers yet and no strikers and despite what the majority would say I'd rather have Ngog than Wickham myself although would rather we went out and bought another Suarez. We also still need a left back and perhaps another centre back.

Still early days like but it surely would be a silly mistake to sell Raul, he is clearly better than most in the Prem and will only get better next year, he has all the experience. I mean where would he go to anyway? Very odd.

ESPNsoccernetFC Dom Raynor

by honigstein

Borussia centre-back Neven Subotic snubs move to Liverpool. "He will not be leaving Dortmund," says agent. "He wants to play in UCL"

Would have been a good signing if true. It would be nice to go the Bundesliga way though, the Subotic, Howedes, Badstuber, Hummels etc... are miles better than the Jones, Dann, Cahill being bandied about.