You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2011

Kopite Pete

Guest simon

Gotta love Ginsoak's transfer dealings!

17m for Anderson

20m for Carrick

20m for Hargreaves

5m-ish (if I remember correctly) for Obertan

8m for Bebe

31m for Berbaflop

Out of them Obertain is the bad one.

Berb is a genius .

Bebe is a future thing.

Carrick is very underated bad season though.

Anderson is there Lucas.

Hargreeves is a crock but a absoloute class player.

Out of them Obertain is the bad one.

Berb is a genius .

Bebe is a future thing.

Carrick is very underated bad season though.

Anderson is there Lucas.

Hargreeves is a crock but a absoloute class player.

You're a mentalist.

You're crazy.

Are you fucking kidding?

That's insulting to Lucas.

I can't argue that one -- but he plays less football than Aurelio, somehow.

Berbatov certainly isn't a flop. Is he worth 30£m though? Don't know. He has 19 goals this season, however.

Bebe must be one of the weirdest buys, Ever.

Carrick is shit.

Anderson, their Lucas? Except he is shit? and cost thrice what Lucas cost us.

Hargreaves is good player, but he's been injured for the best part of what? 4 years?

Sure, he has 19 goals this year... but last year? 12. Year before? 9.

He's a 15m player --- at best!

Even less impressive when you factor in the 8 goals scored in two games against Blackburn and Birmingham, both of whom imploded at Old Trafford spectacularly.

Great player mind, used to love watching him for Spurs, he liked to play proper football.

But he'll slide into shiteness rapidly, he's not as selfless as Sheringham to make the slow centre forward thing work for him, a sacrifice he'll have to make very soon when the modicum of pace he does still possess actually leaves him.

Guest simon

Hes an absoloute genius. He isnt just about goals. His movement is sublime I urge you to watch him closely. The tell me what you think hes a provider.

To be fair that THOMMO normally gets the team news early and was pretty on the ball throughout the transfer window (although he did get a number of things wrong). Is he just taking pot shots and getting things right on occasion ? Maybe, he's pretty lucky if that's the case.

While we've probably looked at both Hazard and Sanchez, it's going to take something special to land either in my opinion. Nearly every major club in Europe are probably going to be sniffing around.

To be fair that THOMMO normally gets the team news early and was pretty on the ball throughout the transfer window (although he did get a number of things wrong). Is he just taking pot shots and getting things right on occasion ? Maybe, he's pretty lucky if that's the case.

While we've probably looked at both Hazard and Sanchez, it's going to take something special to land either in my opinion. Nearly every major club in Europe are probably going to be sniffing around.

I would be amazed if we got either. One of the two would be very good work indeed. I'd say we have a better chance with Sanchez, but I believe Chelsea are after him as well. Hazard just looks like a Real player to me.

Eden Hazard: 'I could have gone last June, but I was not ready to make that big leap,'

'Recently the press have been writing about interest from Liverpool, and it is nice to hear your name being mentioned everywhere, especially with the best teams in the world.

'If I do leave at the end of the season, I don't want to go somewhere where I will be on the bench. I am young, not 20 until next month, and it will be difficult to break through in a team like Real, where Ronaldo and Kaka will be my competitors. But there are teams like Arsenal, where youngsters can grow more easily into the first team and make their mark.

'I will not leave for another French club, because, with more or less 100 first division matches under my belt for Lille, I don’t think I have to prove my qualities for a team in the same league. I am feeling stronger now and better equipped for the challenge of playing at a higher level.'

Read more: Lille winger Eden Hazard says he is ready to shun Real Madrid to flourish at Arsenal | Mail Online

Find it extraordinarily hard to believe that a couple of top class foreign lads see Liverpool as their destination of choice this Summer.

A little bit different with Suarez, we were still in with a chance of perhaps making 4th when he signed.

Now, with Europa League the very best we can hope for, and it's an outside chance as well, there has to be real belief from them that we can be in with a shout of winning the league next season, and maybe that's the promise offered to them by Comolli.

With a forward line consisting of Suarez, Carroll, Sanchez, Hazard, Gerrard, it's hard to argue with that, but we still need 2 or 3 more quality players to provide the platform for those lot.

Players know that PL is the place to be. Only Barca and Real could entice players like Sanchez and Hazard, apart from PL clubs. Can't see Barca going for either Sanchez or Hazard. Hazard has been linked with Real, although I haven't seen much of R Madrid, unless he is going to take someone else's spot, I think they've been quite happy with De Maria and Ozil, especially the latter.

As for PL clubs, Man City have got more money than anyone else, but at the moment, they have no real structure or direction with their squad building. Players going to them will only go for the money, so missing out on players like that, regardless of quality, is no great loss for us.

Chelsea have no stability. Any player who has his head screwed on will avoid them for their long term good.

Arsenal just don't spend big.

We are in a good financial position, especially without the hefty debt of before; and FSG do have money, and if you look at their record with the Redsox, especially in recent months, they are prepared to spend. Even though they may spend some money in the summer, with their level of debt, I don't think Man U can go toe-to-toe with us.

We need to remember that even under H&G we were generating good revenue, but it went towards servicing the debt. We no longer have this burden. We don't have the backing of Man City, but are still a wealthy club, will always have a huge pull through our name, combined with owners with ambition and a clear direction.

Unless they've already got a preference for personal reasons, I'd fancy our chances of getting either Hazard or Sanchez over any PL club.

Over the last 7 years we have a European profile to match any club out there. LFC might be more attractive than we are allowing ourselves to believe for a young player who wants a chance to play in the first team. If we are close on wages and can pay the fee, we are still in the handful of upper echelon clubs.