You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Torres: I never kissed the Liverpool badge

cartman

Chelsea's Fernando Torres believes that romanticism in football has gone following move from Liverpool - News - MirrorFootball.co.uk

Hmm?

image-1-for-fernando-torres-picture-gallery-gallery-46515691.jpg

What a FUCKING cunt.Saying that the romanticism in football has gone, he made a fucking book about his love to the fans etc.

"When I was growing up in Madrid I was not a Liverpool fan or a Chelsea fan. I was an Atletico fan. I still am. Maybe they're the only badge I will kiss."

Oh really, you must be joking?

Edited by cartman

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People have a tendency to rationalize their own behaviour.

At Atletico, he was a fan. At Liverpool, he was a romantic. At Chelsea, he's a pragmatist.

He's just like most other footballers: primarily interested in money and glory (which leads to more money). The difference is, he hid it rather better than most. He may even have hid it from himself, though he seems to have woken up to the pure cynicism of the whole thing over the last week...

He also said Alonso wanted to go , because he wanted to win something. Alonso wanted to stay, but his relationship with Rafa was like Torres' relationship with LFC-fans.

You don't deserve to win any-fucking-thing , and you won't either. You lost your place to Pedro, and Chelsea won't win trophies. Fuck off bigtime.

People have a tendency to rationalize their own behaviour.

At Atletico, he was a fan. At Liverpool, he was a romantic. At Chelsea, he's a pragmatist.

He's just like most other footballers: primarily interested in money and glory (which leads to more money). The difference is, he hid it rather better than most. He may even have hid it from himself, though he seems to have woken up to the pure cynicism of the whole thing over the last week...

That sums it up.

He also said Alonso wanted to go , because he wanted to win something. Alonso wanted to stay, but his relationship with Rafa was like Torres' relationship with LFC-fans.

You don't deserve to win any-fucking-thing , and you won't either. You lost your place to Pedro, and Chelsea won't win trophies. Fuck off bigtime.

By Duncan White 10:00PM BST 20 Jun 2009

Alonso is refusing to commit himself to Liverpool next season, with Real Madrid eager to to take him to the Bernabeu, and with Alonso estimating he is losing a third of his earnings he is edging closer to a return to Spain.

"Of course we footballers think about it; we are not stupid, we keep an eye on it," Alonso said. "When you see your contract down by 30 per cent you cannot be happy. I cannot do anything – it must be Gordon Brown or David Cameron.

" I think the weakness of the sterling is not helping the Premiership because for those competing and fighting against the European teams it is a big weak point. Hopefully over the next few months and years it will get back to what it was not so long ago."

I really am not that bothered by Nando. It seems like ages ago that he actually played for us. He'll regret going to Chelsea as I really can't see them winning anything in the next few years, he should have waited until the summer and got a move to Barca or one of the Italian giants..

Whatever next?

Gary Neville - "Some of my best friends are from Liverpool"

Harry Redknapp - "Nah, I think you should keep your wallet in your pocket, Mr Chairman"

Fernando is clearly an unusually intelligent guy - but he doesn't get it, does he? It's NOT that he's left us. It's the devious, calculating and pre-planned WAY he went about it.

Fuck sake, let's move on lads this is really starting to piss me off, fed up of seeing bitchy threads about the cunt, he's gone and he's shit on us from a great height but we'll do what we always do as fans and that's move on, it's been dragged on enough.... Fuck him, the kings in charge and we have Suarez and Carroll to look forward to.... No player is or will ever be as big as LFC.

He's right he never did kiss the badge, he did however write a book in which he professed his love and extolled the virtues of this club. That's like me saying I never kissed your bird, I just went down on her and rattled her all night long.

Fernando Torres basically left his one true love for another bird because she wouldn't settle down with him, things were going well and it was everyhing he thought he dreamt of with the new bird but the relationship went sour and he forgot what love was so shacked up with some cockney slag cos at least he knew he'd get his nuts.

Poetic eh?

Guest Pistonbroke
I just can't wait for Abramovich to get bored of that club. Torres thinks the last two years at Liverpool were bad, just wait and see what happens when he gets bored - and/or - has cash problems and has to withdraw. It's the biggest timebomb in football.

Exactly. It's obvious he wants to win the CL, if they don't win that this season or next then they never will under the new rules. Well not under his ownership anyway. He'll splash the cash big one more time in the summer like he has the last week. If they don't win it he'll be off to pastures new to launder his money and to seek power within the circles he moves.

Moratti wanted to emulate his dad, and then seemed reluctant to spend much to Rafa's chagrin.

Maybe, with that ambition satisfied and a World Cup to help pay for - otherwise Putin might instantly remember how Roman got all that money in the first place like he did the other poor cunt in the gulag - he might just move on?

In world terms, compartively Chelsea mean fuck all. Scored 100 goals last year and the world and its dog still blathers on about Barca and their football from the cosmos.

When RA arrived it was all Wenger's Arsenal and what a dream they were. 8 years and so much money spunked later, Chelsea win games and trophies and it's one gigantic MEH for everyone except their own fans and a few schmoozed hacks.

The problem is not Torres or Chelsea, it is the high degree of mawkish sentimentality amongst a section of the Liverpool support. It is the need to fast track any decent player to status of legend. It is the need to become attached to individuals and for constant reassurance that a player from some far off foreign land is at Liverpool not for the money but because "he really gets us" whatever that means. This all leads to some fans behaving like a jilted teenager when a player decides to go. I am embarrased at the bitterness and burning shirts.

I have supported the club for 50 years. Players, managers and owners come and go. The old No 9 has gone and we have a new one. Things are looking up after a tricky few years. There is reason for optimism.