You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Torres mega-thread

cole7

I'd like him to come out and make a statement very soon on this, its the least i'd expect of him at this stage, and not a poxy statement full of poxy footballing cliches about his respect for the supporters and and how liverpool football club is a great footballing institution ad he's enjoyed every moment of his time here

If he has any respect for this club and the supporters that idolised him, he'll come out and give and frank and honest statement

If this is about money than fuck him! If its about broken promises (then welcome to the real world mate, where the average Joe lives a life of broken promises) If its about trophies well then fair enough, but why 3 days before the end of the window when you had a whole bleedin month to hand in a request

I want this lad to come out and man up! and tell us the 'real' reasons behind wanting to leave.

I had alot of respect for him because i thought he understood us and understood what this club was about, but until he comes out and makes a statement (an honest one) the respect i had for him is fastly diving towards the floor

His armband said he was a red, Torres, Torres

You can't believe a word he says, Torres, Torres

Sell him to the cockney cunts, to win fuck all like that other runt

Fernando Torres, Judas number 2!

A bit premature maybe and can probably be improved, but we'll need something:

Dirty money turned his head, Torres Torres

He chose to play for scum instead, Torres Torres

They'll never love him like we did

Farewell 'el nino', fuck off 'the kid'

Fernando Torres, hung Liverpool out to dry

Very good.

Gutted mainly because of the timing really. Part of me thinks in the long term selling him may be the best thing for us (in the summer hopefully) - particularly if we get a massive fee that could maybe buy a striker - and another wide forward.

We could hopefully have a young talented, pacy and most of all committed and injury free forward line. Obviously a lot depends on us being able to get said players but I would like to think that Kenny and Comolli together when armed with £40 - £50million plus whatever FSG would have provided plus the Aquilani money would see us able to attract some of the most promising young talent in the world.

However I am also aware that I could just be clutching at straws here!

It's the way he's gone about this, and the choice of club, that suggest he's been very badly advised. Not the fact that he wants away.

The guy isnt a child....he doesnt need someone to telll him that we would really fucked off if he went to Chelsea three days before the january transfer window.

Just like the others...he is selfish.

I lost my faith in players at the time of the gerrard debacle. This just reinforces it.

If you dont want to play for us, fuck off. I dont want a player here who wants to leave.

You cant help but get the feeling that he's worked this with his agent and has been in contact with the horrible plastic cunts for a while. Fucking funny the way all the press knew about him wanting out so early on.

Instead of Stevie's slide-rule pass

He'll get John Terry up his ass

or

He's been rather shit this season

Now we may have found the reason

or

Money from Abramovich

Turned him into John Terry's bitch

or

They'll never love you like we did

You'll wish you'd gone to Real Madrid

Sadly it is the sting in the tale of Hicks and Gillett!

This mess we are in, whatever Nando's feelings are of their making, those and the shite that worked alongside them, and that includes Purslow.

Phone Chelsea now, this very minute and say 50 million and sturridge or fuck off! Benzema, Nzogbia and Kjaar and we will be a better team without him. Nice while it lasted but he has ruined it now!

Regardless of his feelings, he could have left at the end of the season and remained a hero, I don't hate him, I just don't really care!

It was inevitable really. His sponsers will be demanding he be in the Champions League and unfortunately he wont be getting that with us for a while. It was the reason he left Athletico afterall.

By handing in a transfer request, he ensure's LFC maximize the payment for him. The timing of the request wasn't great admittedly - the Suarez deal isn't complete and we have no time to replace him although no doubt he thinks Suarez is the replacement.

Sell him in the summer - Make everyone aware he's for sale and instigate an auction with the winning bid preferably being outside the Premiership and use the time up to the summer to search for a striker that can replace him.

The cold fact is that players are resources - they come and go. The club will go on.

Guest davelfc

This has been two years in the making, that it comes so late in the window is what really hurts.

Let's hope Suarez gets up to speed pretty damned quickly, he certainly cannot show as little determination as we have witnessed from Torres at times.

But thanks Fernando for leaving us right in the shit, you'll always walk alone, unless you count plastic flags that is.

Sadly it is the sting in the tale of Hicks and Gillett!

This mess we are in, whatever Nando's feelings are of their making, those and the shite that worked alongside them, and that includes Purslow.

Phone Chelsea now, this very minute and say 50 million and sturridge or fuck off! Benzema, Nzogbia and Kjaar and we will be a better team without him. Nice while it lasted but he has ruined it now!

Regardless of his feelings, he could have left at the end of the season and remained a hero, I don't hate him, I just don't really care!

Well said Whelan.