You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Blackpool away thread

fowler9

• Replies 916
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Neg away, but I can't see what Poulsen has done wrong first half?

He's in there to win the ball back, play it short and let the more creative players try to do something with the ball. That's his role in the system. Granted, he hasn't always been able to do this, but the problem out there today is the lack of creativity from the players whose role it is to create, namely Kuyt, Jovanovic and to a lesser degree, Meireles.

I dont know what people are expecting of poulsen, he has always been a player that sits in front of the defence and plays simple balls to more attacking players,I think he has had a decent half, some nice interceptions and a few quick balls on to lucas and meireles.

In an attacking team he can be useful as we have seen tonight with lucas and meireles getting forward a lot knowing he is behind covering them.

Guest San Don

Give the King a bit of time will yers. Rome wasnt built in a day.

He's turning a supertanker around which was going in the wrong direction. It cant change direction on a six pence.

Patience is the key.

great start. Emphatic finish from nando after a good ball from kelly.

dangerous percentage ball from meireles in the wrong area of the pitch led to some dreadful defending by agger. why did he follow the man in instead of stepping up and then wasn't strong enough in the challenge.

since then we've taken the wrong option a lot. trying to play a killer ball through to nando instead of getting the ball wide but we have played some nice stuff on occasion.

overall we haven't been bad but just making the same stupid mistakes defensively.

I dont know what people are expecting of poulsen, he has always been a player that sits in front of the defence and plays simple balls to more attacking players,I think he has had a decent half, some nice interceptions and a few quick balls on to lucas and meireles.

In an attacking team he can be useful as we have seen tonight with lucas and meireles getting forward a lot knowing he is behind covering them.

His distribution has been okay. But his positional sense is creating problems for us, never seems to be in the right place at the right time.

he's giving himself a chance to see, he'll sort it out.

Dalglish is doing what Hodgson didn't do. Gave players that he didn't bring in, and those he did and didn't set the world on fire initially, a chance. That way if they fuck up under the new manager they can't bitch. When was the last time jonovich started a game. If you can offer an excuse for him is that he's not match sharp. Kuyt needs a month off, aimless balls, and not doing anything could be theresult of too much footy. Prehaps the same could be said of Torres. Then again a run of wins and they'd be playing like they'd just started after a week in an oxygen tent!

Neg away, but I can't see what Poulsen has done wrong first half?

He's in there to win the ball back, play it short and let the more creative players try to do something with the ball. That's his role in the system. Granted, he hasn't always been able to do this, but the problem out there today is the lack of creativity from the players whose role it is to create, namely Kuyt, Jovanovic and to a lesser degree, Meireles.

This. He's just being made a scapegoat. He's been better than Jovanovic, Kuijt and Meireles anyway.

Jova and Kuyt definately need subbing, however it's clearly an improvement on the blackburn debacle.

Martin Kelly has been superb yet again. Johnson needs to up his game if he wants his place on the right back. I'd play Jonno right wing against Everton as no way is he shiftting Kelly from RB