You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jesus Christ, Suso is magificent. I'm afraid to say it but he really is doing things that you only ever see from the best players on the planet albeit against youngsters. His vision in the final third reminds me of Fabregas and he dribbles like Messi. I really hope he gets a few cameo's this season because for pure footballing ability he's propably as good now as anyone at the club.

The only reservation I have is could he handle the physical side of the senior game ? I reckon King Kenny will have him in with the first team soon and if he performs well against/with the likes of Gerrard, Torres and Agger in training he'll hopefully make the bench and come on in games where we are winning comfortably.

Anyone else hear that there were racism allegations by the Palace players?

Yeah I heard that. One of the Palace players tweeted that he was digusted about the racial abuse some of their players received throughout the game.

Anybody know who the players invovled were ?

I really hope it isn't true but if it is I hope the club make it clear their is no place for racism at LFC.

Liverpool players accused of racism in FA Youth Cup tie with Crystal Palace

Spokesman denies receiving any complaints

By Tasnim Kapasi

10 Jan 2011 13:44:00

Photo Gallery Zoom

FA Cup - Manchester United vs Liverpool, Kenny Dalglish(Getty Images)

Related Links

Teams

Crystal Palace

Liverpool

Liverpool players were accused of racism during their FA Youth Cup tie with Crystal Palace at Anfield on Saturday.

New manager Kenny Dalglish will have to investigate claims involving the club's academy players, according to The Guardian.

The row follows allegations that Crystal Palace's players were the victims of racial abuse during the meeting, and one player said he was 'disgusted' by what he had heard.

The FA is due to contact Palace today for a full account of what happened, and to then confirm whether they intend to make an official complaint. Palace were not returning any phone calls on Sunday.

Dan Pringle, one of the players involved in Palace's 3-1 defeat, expressed his dismay on his Twitter account after the game.

He Tweeted: "Disappointed with the result but really disgusted with the racism from Liverpool throughout the game. Disgraceful."

He was later contacted by several Palace supporters and clarified that he was talking about Liverpool's players rather than the crowd.

Liverpool, who fielded several black players on their team, were surprised. A club spokesman said; "We didn't recieve any complaints either during or after the game and nothing was mentioned by the referee."

I know it's going to sound like over-hyping the kid, but Suso reminds me of the footage I've seen of George Best. Obviously I'm not saying that he will be that good, but he certainly has huge, huge potential. He is one of those kids who just give the impression of loving his football. I'd love to see him get some first team appearances this season.

Guest Dog Chaser

Watched the game earlier, thought we played very well, some decent football played. Even missing 2 England youth internationals in Wisdom and Ngoo. Suso was the standout player but there was excellent performances all over the pitch. If we had taken all our chances it would have been a cricket score.

someone on twitter who may or may not be a palace youth player made a comment,which doesnt seem to have been backed up by the club,bit weary of this tbh.

in any how,its 2011,not 1970,would the palace players really have stood for that?

doubt it very much,i imagine there would have been slaughter on the pitch if it were true.

I know it's going to sound like over-hyping the kid, but Suso reminds me of the footage I've seen of George Best. Obviously I'm not saying that he will be that good, but he certainly has huge, huge potential. He is one of those kids who just give the impression of loving his football. I'd love to see him get some first team appearances this season.

He's going to be better than Best.

Suso is just brilliant and for all the troubles off the pitch its having youngsters like him coming through which has been the only thing i have looked forward to.

Whatever faults Rafa during the final season at least he left the Academy in good shape as its been years since we had this many promising youngsters on the books.

As regards Suso and his ability to handle the Premiership, he is a strong little bugger and his size is deceiving.

Like its already been posted if he doesn't make the step up then we may as close down the Academy and build a Tesco on it.

Not sure what the Palace lad was on about as none of their players got close enough to our lads to have a conversation with them....

As has been mentioned above there was only 1,000 or so there and whilst its easy to over-hype the likes of Suso this team definitely deserves a bigger audience.

I've seen every youth team we've had since about 1992 and I think this one would just about beat the lot. When, for instance, was the last time you saw any Liverpool team fielding two wingers able to dribble and cross with either foot?

Hopefully, a home draw in the fifth round.

They're as good as any youth team I've seen, not just at LFC, but anywhere.

The proof of the pudding and all that - here's hoping.

I've got serious hopes for both fullbacks - I know Robinson has had the plaudits but I thought Flanagan was excellent on Saturday - Wisdom, Coady, Sterling, Silva and obviously Suso as far as making the step up to our first team is concerned.

Not seen much of Ngoo or Adam Morgan so couldn't really offer a valid opinion.

When is the draw for the next round, does anyone know?

The fixtures are all over the place at the moment due to the postponements during the cold snap throughout the past month or so. Some 3rd round ties are yet to be played, and the resulting 4th round ties will have to be (re)scheduled.

Fixtures for each round usually have to be completed by a certain date, but due to the delays experienced, it seems to have gone out the window somewhat for now.

You can keep an eye on the fixtures, here.

Suso looks very promising. Although I could have sworn he was 15 last year and now he’s 17. What’s that all about? What’s good about the youth team is that are a number of them who are willing and able to take players on and beat them with pace and skill. So much of a contrast from the first team!

The fixtures are all over the place at the moment due to the postponements during the cold snap throughout the past month or so. Some 3rd round ties are yet to be played, and the resulting 4th round ties will have to be (re)scheduled.

Fixtures for each round usually have to be completed by a certain date, but due to the delays experienced, it seems to have gone out the window somewhat for now.

You can keep an eye on the fixtures, here.

Nice one, thanks.