You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Dalglish poised to take over!

Guest San Don

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's hoping that Bolton give us a right twatting then, considering this period was supposed to be 7 banker games, it has finally proved that our "manager" just is not cut out for PL football, he has to go before we loose all 7 of them and we are destined for the Chumpionship .

Oh and

Purslows a cunt , because he made so many mistakes but did the odd good thing.

Honestly how is that different to to Rafael Benitez.

Why are you bringing Rafa into this ? Just fuck off .

I cant wait to see how our players will suddenly turn into world beaters as soon as Kenny pulls on his Tracky bottoms. People need to get a sense of reality, our squad is shit, and its as much a case of replacing 8 or 9 of the current squad as it is about replacing the manager. THERE IS NO QUICK FIX .we are still going to lose plenty of games under any new manager till the squad is completely overhauled. too many players here just happy to coast and pick up their pay cheques, that includes Torres who can fuck right off imo. If we can get £40m for him he can go and take his stroppy,lazy ass elsewhere. we need players who want to win at all costs.

I do wonder if there's any truth in this, it may go some way to explaining the purported early team get-together today.

Hodgson and Carragher trying to rally the troops into a big effort against Bolton?

Wouldn't be surprised if the players took this as an opportunity to get rid.

I expect to be beaten by Bolton, but I will see it as a tactical victory from some of the players.

I'm not a massive fan of Dalglish returning, not a fan in a managerial way anyway. But I'd be more than happy for him to take over in a care-taker capacity. And who knows, it may be all he wants/needs. He may think he wants it full time, but perhaps half a season in the hot-seat will make him see that he doesn't actually miss it as much as he thought.

I don't want to pay 40 quid to go see us lose, i never want to see us lose, but I want Hodgson gone iimmediately.

The owners don't seem to be very decisive and a win against Bolton might buy him time.

The saddest thing about this, is that for the first time in the 40 years ive supported this club, our own fans are expecting us to lose to Bolton.

we will beat them 2-0.thats not me being a superfan, i just feel we always play better as underdogs(that pains me to say it in this context).so we may be stuck with this imbecile for a little longer.

I cant wait to see how our players will suddenly turn into world beaters as soon as Kenny pulls on his Tracky bottoms. People need to get a sense of reality, our squad is shit, and its as much a case of replacing 8 or 9 of the current squad as it is about replacing the manager. THERE IS NO QUICK FIX .we are still going to lose plenty of games under any new manager till the squad is completely overhauled. too many players here just happy to coast and pick up their pay cheques, that includes Torres who can fuck right off imo. If we can get £40m for him he can go and take his stroppy,lazy ass elsewhere. we need players who want to win at all costs.

You mean eight out of eleven players that were good enough to give madrid and the scum a good going over? Yeah, I think "Kenny's tracky bottoms" might have more of a positive effect than Woys route one football.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Under normal circumstances anybody saying they'd take a loss would receive instant death-by-neg. However, if FSG is knee-jerk enough, and I don't think for a second it is, to judge him on that one game, then I wouldn't be entirely displeased with the result, based simply on potential future points.

That said, FSG seem thoughtful and intelligent enough not to base this massive decision on the result of one fixture. If a loss is enough to sack him, then he's already history.

I don't want to pay 40 quid to go see us lose, i never want to see us lose, but I want Hodgson gone iimmediately.

The owners don't seem to be very decisive and a win against Bolton might buy him time.

Given NESV were talking about former short sighting decisions, i would hope that this article is wrong. Lets face it, Roys results so far are enough to sack him and i cant see how Even a HUGE win against Bolton can change that either way? We lose, Hes still shit. We win, hes still shit.

My fear and gut feeling is that, if they were going to fire him, they would have done it already, evidently the manager they want isn't available yet (or until the summer) which puts us in a rather Grey area.

Having said all that, when a manager has lost the fans (and Liverpool fans at that!) I don't know how long any owner can ignore that.

You mean eight out of eleven players that were good enough to give madrid and the scum a good going over? Yeah, I think "Kenny's tracky bottoms" might have more of a positive effect than Woys route one football.

Johnson- sell or stick him on the wing.

Agger- sell-to injury prone

Skrtl-Sell- just not good enough-sell

Carra- A good back up but no longer a viable 1st 11 option

Konchesky-sell. he is shit

Aurelio- A good squad player but not really as good as i would like to see.

Babel-sell-time is up !

Poulsen- biggest sack of shit ive ever seen. sell !

Torres- if the right offer comes-sell. sulky child.

I never, ever want us to lose, but Hodgson's tenure is bringing me closer that sentiment than ever before. If it was certain that losing the next game meant he would be sacked then, if I'm being honest, I would take the loss as it would almost certainly mean long-term gain. Trouble is, there is no guarantee of that at all.

I hope to god this is true.

The difference will be immediate Kenny's name commands instant respect and if any of the players don't agree then they'll be shown the door no matter who it is

No, they wont. They'll have a contract to abide by, or they will be transfered in the next window if anyone wanted them.

I'm not a fan of this 'Kenny will solve it' lark. Will they still think he's can save us if in 6 months of him taking over and we're on the brink of relegation?

Just because he 'feels' the club doesn't mean he's best suited to manage it.

Guest San Don
No, they wont. They'll have a contract to abide by, or they will be transfered in the next window if anyone wanted them.

I'm not a fan of this 'Kenny will solve it' lark. Will they still think he's can save us if in 6 months of him taking over and we're on the brink of relegation?

Dalglish may not be the panacea to our problems. But, I damn certain he'd change tactics instead of lumping the ball forward in the style of blackburn and fulham and at least have us passing the ball to a bleedin' red shirt.

Im also pretty confident he'd improve the abysmal away performances and if wolves is anything to go by, the home performances too.

The king is dead, long live the king!

Guest davelfc

He (Roy) is the walking talking epitome of administration, costs you 9 points and losing your best players while setting you back years.

I want us to beat Bolton, I don't want Roy to stay. Beating Bolton will buy him more time and we will be forced to listen to the soft twat tell us that we're back on the good run and things are looking up. That's how fucked up the situation is, why wait, he's going anyway, just sack him and put Kenny in charge.

I'll be flying while we play and once landed will avoid the result for as long as I can, I'll be upset no matter what happens.

Don't forget the 8 out of 11 players who started on Wednesday night that were at the World Cup all of 6 months ago.

Kenneth Mathieson Dalglish, as a manager, played some of the best attacking football I have seen...

...and, also, the players would respect him

article006ab65a1000005d.jpg

...bring it on!...

Johnson- sell or stick him on the wing.

Agger- sell-to injury prone

Skrtl-Sell- just not good enough-sell

Carra- A good back up but no longer a viable 1st 11 option

Konchesky-sell. he is shit

Aurelio- A good squad player but not really as good as i would like to see.

Babel-sell-time is up !

Poulsen- biggest sack of shit ive ever seen. sell !

Torres- if the right offer comes-sell. sulky child.

Johnson - will be fine once the shackles come off and he's allowed to play.

Agger - will be fit as soon as the manager is gone. He stood up for not playing shit football and is being frozen out.

Skrtel - is good enough but not the organizer he's being asked to be at the moment.

Carra - Agreed.

Konchesky - was never good enough, a prime roy signing.

Aurelio - if he'd stay fit, he's quality

Babel - agreed but never really got a run of games...

Poulsen - Agreed

Torres - Proper football will rekindle the spirit. He is a ferrari being asked to play demolition derby by the manager.

Overall, the squad will be fine with proper motivation and the impetus to play proper football. This route 1 shite is the problem, hence Roy is the problem. Will they win the league? Maybe not, but they will WIN GAMES and give us something to look forward to when the game's on the telly or at the ground. In time and with some investment, progress can be made... But not under Roy.

I'm heading home today from Thailand after finishing my hols. Was gutted to miss the games I was away for, but fortunately didnt end up missing much due to the postponements. Cant wait for the the trip to Manchester on Sunday.

I have read Kenny's book whilst on holiday; all I can say is the man is a glove fit for the next Liverpool manager.

There is not anyone else on this planet I would take over him as the next Liverpool manager. His family are indebted to Liverpool Football Club and like his son Paul said, I dont think Kenny would sleep at night until he turned things around.

Of course there is no quick fix for the next person who takes over whoever that is. However with Kenny in charge at least he would be given time by us supporters which is something I feel that no one else would get from us. The pressure from fans on internet forums and phone ins and the like makes it a mission impossible job nowadays but with Kenny in charge I think we as supporters would give him time due to the respect he has earned from us all.

I quote from his book, "When I sat in the mainstand, watching them line up admiring the quality of Pepe Reina, Glen Johnson, Javier Mascherano, Fernando Torres, Carra and Stevie I just thought these were top names who would shine in the Premier League." IMHO I think Kenny would get these players shining obviously bar Mascherano now.

He also said, "A squad is only as good as the weakest player and that fact has held Liverpool back." He knows that there is some quality missing.

The man in my opinion is our only answer. Back him, give him money to spend and I know, not with rose tinted spectacles, that we would have the best manager this club could ever choose to trust to steer us back in to contention.

Like so many other Kopites, Kenny was my hero growing up. The effect of Hillsborough took its toll on him and his family but I know from reading his book he must be itching to be given a chance to manage us again should the opportunity arise.

I agree to a certain degree that Roy has not had the backing of the fans since he arrived. But that is down to the dross we have had to watch. Roy has to admit that if Rafa was still in charge this season we would not have lost to Blackpool, Northampton and Wolves at home and we would not be in this mess now because he would have got better results albeit maybe not better performances from the current squad of players. Rafa's teams did not leak goals.

Roy's comments after the Wolves game were woeful and the final nail in the coffin of a man who its is now clear just cannot cope with the task of managing one of the biggest clubs in the foobtall world. The situation smells like the case of Bruce Rioch at Arsenal. They soon realised they had the wrong manager and got the replacement in with Arsene Venger and havent looked back.

What I did find fascinating in Kenny's book was to read that Peter Robinson asked him twice as to when was he returning to manage Liverpool. He was even invited into a meeting to discuss his return I think around the time they offered it to Houllier to partner Roy Evans. They then told him that they didnt think the time was right for his return. He was fuming privately that they had built his hopes up then let him down back then.

Surely the right time is now? I cannot understand for the life of me why FSG cannot see the wood for the trees and act now and replace Roy with Kenny. Even to gain kudos from us the fans, the decision makes perfect sense.

Give Kenny until the end of the season and who knows, why cant he be long term?