You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Would you have Rafa back?

The Dude Abides

yes or no?  

534 members have voted

1. 1. yes or no?

• Yes
    • No

Defensive coach eh?

You mean one that was second highest scoring team in 07/08 and highest scoring team in 08/09?

And can you name one team that presses more than Rafa's liverpool in the league?

Typical fan who only believes what the media tells you. Brainwashed

He DID start defensively when he arrived due to the squad he inherited. But we got more and more attacking as years go by, getting better and better strikers. Towards his 4th year, we were second highest scoring team, and 5th year we were top scoring team in the league. Gradual improvement

We only went backwards in the final season because not only our conductor left, his replacement was injured most of the season. Furthermore, our poor start wasn't because we weren't attacking (we won several high scoring games) it was because we couldn't defend for nuts as Agger, Skrtel and Carra were all out injured for quite a bit of the first 10 games, and Hyppia has left too.

But don't let the facts get in your way of believing headlines of the anti-Liverpool press

The same headlines that keep you believing that Roy is a good manager, and great with the press, and great with the players etc etc.

thats because of th brilliance of torres ability to score by himself. look at most of his goals. they dont rely too much on team play. thats why neutrals say we are a two man team. go watch the dvds again. those are as factual as they can get.

• Replies 882
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest PurpleNose

The context of this season for Inter seems lost on many.

The club wasn't trying to emulate last season. It was trying to save money. Even a lot of Inter fans accepted this, or at least understood it.

Benitez' mistake was either accepting the job with the club having such negative/low expectations, or complaining about it.

He knew full well he'd get fuck all money to spend. Moratti would have made this perfectly clear in the summer.

Did I read that right? Are you saying Gerrard, Carra, Torres, Reina, Masc and Alonso have turned into a pile of crap?

You could equally say Murphy went to play for Fulham and became one of their most important players who guided them to a UEFA cup final.

Also say Morientes was world class before Rafa took him under his belt.

And there are plenty of players you can pick to argue both for and against. Proves fuck all to be honest.

Facts are right in front of you

Gerrard isn't the same player then when he was under Rafa. Don't expect him to be shortlisted for top player in the world anymore.

Torres we have now is the inconsistent Spain one, not the crazy computer game version that played for Rafa

Reina although reaching a landmark, hasn't really kept too many clean sheets this season has he?

Mascherano can't get a game at Barca

Aimar and Ayala became 5 mil players after Rafa left.

Alonso is doing decently at Real I suppose. But the few matches I saw him play, he was overrun by Barca, and by Portugal.

As for Murphy, don't make me laugh. Both us and Fulham lost to Atletico, but we were closer to beating them than Fulham. Fulham gets the credit only because they met Atletico later in the cup.

Morientes was going downhill before he came to us, we were trying to revive his career. He was crap before, and after he joined us.

Unfortunate, but Keane was similar. Crap before, crap for us, and crap after us. No proof either way that it was Rafa's fault, just that the player was past it.

BTW, Morientes and Keane aren't world class. Never were. They are the Santa Cruz level second tier strikers.

thats because of th brilliance of torres ability to score by himself. look at most of his goals. they dont rely too much on team play. thats why neutrals say we are a two man team. go watch the dvds again. those are as factual as they can get.

Yeah, is that why Torres is not scoring as much under Royston then?

same ol retorts. why so aggressive toward a supporter who dislikes a former manager? have a word with yourself you self righteous dick. at least I state the reasons of why he isnt fit in detail related to football matters. you on the other hand throw 3 insulting words to someone you dont even know in one paragraph.

You get the respect comments like "fat spanish waiter' deserve. The rest of your post is tripe too, your "detail related to football matters" consisted of "Rafa is the ultimate anti football exponent - the negative control freak, flair-players-are-all-cunts, two defensive mid, abominable defender wingers, tourette 30 seconds touchline commander, faux manager of a defensive COACH. "

Wow, you really know your stuff, you arent the person who has been preparing the detailed scouting reports that Roy doesn't know what to do with are you?

If Rafa came back the fans would be far from united, however with some of the whoppers on here I dont think anyone would unite us, bar Dalglish, who I would also have back. That said we have whoppers on here who would start criticizing him after a defeat.

And you wonder why Torres scores that well for us, and not even for Spain or Atletico before that?

There are interviews of this by Torres and Reina. The goalkeeping coach that coaches Reina has tons of statistics of how particular keepers like to dive when one on one, etc for Torres, and how particular strikers like to shoot or take penalties for Reina

Now with that resource gone, you can see the difference in Torres in one on ones, and Reina in penalties etc

Sure, Torres still remembers his notes on opponents he has faced before like Cech, or Van Der Sar, but not with the "unknown" keepers. Reina is the same

This is a clear example of strategies and tactics ON TOP of sheer talent, the strategies and tactics playing a more major role than admitted by fans.

To think otherwise is naive and will be proven wrong the more you see them play.

But then again, there are already fans calling to sell Torres.

Facts are right in front of you

Gerrard isn't the same player then when he was under Rafa. Don't expect him to be shortlisted for top player in the world anymore.

Torres we have now is the inconsistent Spain one, not the crazy computer game version that played for Rafa

Reina although reaching a landmark, hasn't really kept too many clean sheets this season has he?

Mascherano can't get a game at Barca

Aimar and Ayala became 5 mil players after Rafa left.

Alonso is doing decently at Real I suppose. But the few matches I saw him play, he was overrun by Barca, and by Portugal.

As for Murphy, don't make me laugh. Both us and Fulham lost to Atletico, but we were closer to beating them than Fulham. Fulham gets the credit only because they met Atletico later in the cup.

Morientes was going downhill before he came to us, we were trying to revive his career. He was crap before, and after he joined us.

Unfortunate, but Keane was similar. Crap before, crap for us, and crap after us. No proof either way that it was Rafa's fault, just that the player was past it.

BTW, Morientes and Keane aren't world class. Never were. They are the Santa Cruz level second tier strikers.

Facts, eh?

Gerrard and Torres are poor because they are playing with poor players around them. Mainly. Guess who brought those "poor" players to Liverpool?

Basically what you are saying above is, Rafa bought some crap players and left some crap players. Sounds like the reason why he got the sack from us. Move on.

Yeah, is that why Torres is not scoring as much under Royston then?

i bet you are those that watch but never actually played the game of football let alone a strikers position. in fact i bet most rafa fans dont.

ball to feet vs hoof ball to just behind a brutish defenders lunging elbow, knee (classic john terry), leg....which is easier. which has more threat to defenders?

dont knock a classy player like torres just to win an arguement where it can be explained in direct factual reply.

And you wonder why Torres scores that well for us, and not even for Spain or Atletico before that?

There are interviews of this by Torres and Reina. The goalkeeping coach that coaches Reina has tons of statistics of how particular keepers like to dive when one on one, etc for Torres, and how particular strikers like to shoot or take penalties for Reina

Now with that resource gone, you can see the difference in Torres in one on ones, and Reina in penalties etc

Sure, Torres still remembers his notes on opponents he has faced before like Cech, or Van Der Sar, but not with the "unknown" keepers. Reina is the same

This is a clear example of strategies and tactics ON TOP of sheer talent, the strategies and tactics playing a more major role than admitted by fans.

To think otherwise is naive and will be proven wrong the more you see them play.

But then again, there are already fans calling to sell Torres.

How much of the responsibility of our 7th place finish last season should be placed at the feet of Benitez do you think, Benitaur?

tell that to Gerrard and Carra

Funny, now that they are "free" of Rafa, Gerrard doesn't know where is best position is again, and Carra is back to playing backs to the wall football and conceeding lots of goals.

Its probably true that Johnson, Agger and Skrtel will probably have to be sold, because they were never bought to play such football unless necessary. They (and Reina) were bought to play high up the pitch (they both can bring out the ball and pass) and have arguably the best sweeper keeper behind them.

I'd say it is less than a third.

Check the actual polls done cos it surprised me.

As for myself I'm nothing'd about it, I'd take Rafa over Roy anyday but would rather have Kenny. I know from the polls he's getting 60-80% support which is pretty consistent, you say it's less than a third but thats seems like it just based on your judgement, which is against Rafa, and even I say it surprised me how many would bring him back now as things stand so how you think you can fairly judge the fans I don't know.

They've had their say and see how well that worked out.

id have sold Gerrard many moons ago, but thats for another time

Funny, now that they are "free" of Rafa, Gerrard doesn't know where is best position is again, and Carra is back to playing backs to the wall football and conceeding lots of goals.

Its probably true that Johnson, Agger and Skrtel will probably have to be sold, because they were never bought to play such football unless necessary. They (and Reina) were bought to play high up the pitch (they both can bring out the ball and pass) and have arguably the best sweeper keeper behind them.

nail hit firmly on the head there, thats why that silly prick Hodgson should be gone, well, thats only 1 reason of many, he simply cannot utilise the players to play to the best of their abilities, which id imagine is the managers first and foremost task

How much of the responsibility of our 7th place finish last season should be placed at the feet of Benitez do you think, Benitaur?

Some. But a manager who has brought us so much belief and constant improvement deserves one off season, don't you think?

Instead here we have posters wanting unproven managers like Coyle, or Deschamps or still defending Roy.

If Rafa, who has done wonders for us is not allowed ONE bad season, I suppose any other manager should be fired too for not winning anything in their first season, or getting top 4 eh?

Facts, eh?

Gerrard and Torres are poor because they are playing with poor players around them. Mainly. Guess who brought those "poor" players to Liverpool?

Basically what you are saying above is, Rafa bought some crap players and left some crap players. Sounds like the reason why he got the sack from us. Move on.

You mean with nearly all the same players bar 2 that trashed the Scum, and Real 4 goals?

You simply refuse to admit that Rafa is the cause they were better, right? Even though I have given so many world class players as proof of this?

But again, all you headline readers will always believe Rafa is a defensive manager. So actual facts will destroy your world view won't it?

Funny that Eto'o claims Rafa is an attacking manager. Maybe he knows more about attacking than you eh?