You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Just to comment on the Utd game the other week, I watched that and the fitness of the Blackpool players was so bad it was amateurish. How can a team playing in the, self-professed, "best League in the World" be absolutely fucked, just after an hour ? There were a couple of players - Adam is included in this - who could hardly fucking walk, let alone break into a jog, after 75 minutes. It was pretty fucking disgraceful really.

I can see why Kenny wanted him - he's probably a better passer than any of our current options in that position, barring Gerrard. I can't help but feel that if we do get him, the summer might work out better for everyone, as I think he'd probably need to lose the best part of 2st, in order to play for us.

What that says about what sort of operation rentamouth Holloway is running there, I don't know. Breath of fresh-air, my arse.

The stuff he's saying about him being glad they didn't let him go, as he was our 3rd choice is misleading in the extreme. Smacks of someone trying to save face in front of his player, and shitting one in case we don't go back for him in the summer, in which case, he'll have ruined his career. All in all, the fact that they've been in the press nearly every day, talking about us, poking fun at our attempts to sign him, and at the end of it disingenuous - whilst we kept our dignity - means that they can fuck right off, as far as I'm concerned. If we don't sign him, Holloway better hope Ferguson wasn't just lying through his teeth, about how much he thought he was worth, otherwise, he's not going to look such a fucking paragon of virtue.

you do know that fitness, speed and athletisism is the reason there is a gulf in players?

that is what sets, the best from the rest.

if this wasnt the case all player would be able to run 100 metres in around 10.3 seconds.

the reason we have top teams and bottoms teams is becuase the top players can do that and the bottom teams cant.

the fact that some of those blackpool players last 60-75 minutes against a team like united with how fit they're players are is amazing. and they were tired becuase of they style of football blackpool play.

even more amazing is that adam made many of they're champions league and league winning players look very average at times.

• Replies 589
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ian garro
you do know that fitness, speed and athletisism is the reason there is a gulf in players?

that is what sets, the best from the rest.

if this wasnt the case all player would be able to run 100 metres in around 10.3 seconds.

the reason we have top teams and bottoms teams is becuase the top players can do that and the bottom teams cant.

the fact that some of those blackpool players last 60-75 minutes against a team like united with how fit they're players are is amazing. and they were tired becuase of they style of football blackpool play.

even more amazing is that adam made many of they're champions league and league winning players look very average at times.

Cheers for the patronising tone. I'm quite aware of it thanks.

I dont see what fitness has to do with what team you play for, or how much footballing ability you have, to be honest.

I would've thought a team like Blackpool, knowing that there are better teams around them, in the division would put that extra mile into their fitness, as they would know that better teams with better players would have more of the ball than them ? Other, lesser teams have done it.

I dont see what fitness has to do with what team you play for, or how much footballing ability you have, to be honest.

I would've thought a team like Blackpool, knowing that there are better teams around them, in the division would put that extra mile into their fitness, as they would know that better teams with better players would have more of the ball than them ? Other, lesser teams have done it.

Exactly.

For me we should just forget about him, the summer will give us more time to find far better quality than he will ever bring to the pitch, most likely for the same kind of money, Holloway vastly over values him and in all likelihood will be Adam's downfall in never going big time . Did anyone see the interview on sly news tonight about the whole saga ? Jumped up fuck wit .

Blackpool have been pissed off with Adam since the fall out over the £20,000 payment he got. A lad I know, a genuine fan of theirs told me it stems from when they were bottom last year and Oyston offered them 20 grand a man to stay in the divsion.

When they made the play offs their directors said they would share a 5 million pot of which Adam got £400'000 himself.

Later on his agent reminded him about the 20 grand and that he should get it.His idea being that when it came to the crunch the club would rip up his contract giving him the opportunity of a move and it just so happened he knew of a prem club who were willing to pay him 50 grand a week.

He won his tribunal and got his money but they never ripped his contract up fucking his chance of a move.

As his agent is David Moyes brother it shouldn't be too difficult to work out where he was heading. Dodged a bullet there charlie boy. Classy them blue boys

If Holloway wants to blab on about Adam being our 3rd choice then someone in the press should point out Tottenham only bothered to make a bid after trying to buy every other player in the world.

He's allowed be 3rd choice at Spurs though, as its good arl 'Arry in charge at Spurs.

sorry wasnt meant to be patronising

but i do think fitness depends on what team you play for. as the natural athletes all play for the top clubs. big clubs always tend to score goals late on becuase the smaller teams players become tired quicker.

i think the premier league demands so much physically that the smaller clubs have to put in a huge effort to compete with the so called star players.

i agree that the would be going that extra mile with they're fitness work but its hard for a team coming up from the championship to match the fitness of players who have been playing at the top for years.

thats why i was saying that adam would really have to dedicate himself to getting fit and after a year or two with the club we could see quite a player, able to produce his form this season, for 90 minutes twice a week.

Insane nonsense from Holloway here I'm afraid. Within the next few weeks, I fully expect to read that police have found him walking the streets at three in the morning 'in a distressed state' naked except for a Blackpool FC sock protecting his modesty and mumbling to himself about weakened teams.

Guest ian garro
sorry wasnt meant to be patronising

but i do think fitness depends on what team you play for. as the natural athletes all play for the top clubs. big clubs always tend to score goals late on becuase the smaller teams players become tired quicker.

i think the premier league demands so much physically that the smaller clubs have to put in a huge effort to compete with the so called star players.

i agree that the would be going that extra mile with they're fitness work but its hard for a team coming up from the championship to match the fitness of players who have been playing at the top for years.

thats why i was saying that adam would really have to dedicate himself to getting fit and after a year or two with the club we could see quite a player, able to produce his form this season, for 90 minutes twice a week.

No worries - it was a long day yesterday, and I appear to have been acting like a big girl.

I agree with the last paragraph there.

If suarez and carroll are up front, and stevie is in centre mid, then we only have one space to be filled by lucas/meireles. Where would adam play? Or do we need 4 good centre mids? Is adam better than meireles? Why am i asking so many questions?

This is a recording: We are not going to play 4-4-2. We do not want to play a 4-4-2. We need to play three central midfielders to make sure we win the midfield battle (or at least not surrender it beforehand). See the Manchester City game if you want to argue that a 4-4-2 is still a good idea against top sides.

If suarez and carroll are up front, and stevie is in centre mid, then we only have one space to be filled by lucas/meireles. Where would adam play? Or do we need 4 good centre mids? Is adam better than meireles? Why am i asking so many questions?

lol

i dont see the problem having 4 centre mids or even more.....we are a top club and competition for places is a must.

plus id rather have adam than poulson........this signing was a no brainer for me.

This is a recording: We are not going to play 4-4-2. We do not want to play a 4-4-2. We need to play three central midfielders to make sure we win the midfield battle (or at least not surrender it beforehand). See the Manchester City game if you want to argue that a 4-4-2 is still a good idea against top sides.

spot on

we need to be adaptable according to the match and our opponents. but we also need to be able to change a game from our bench. to many times our initial tactics don't work out but we find it hard to change and have a plan b. at least with player like adam and carroll we would be able to change our playing style and system during a game for once.

i think 4-4-2, 3-5-2, 3-4-3, 4-3-3.......are all formations we could play depending on how a game is going and depending on our opponents strengths and weaknesses.

Insane nonsense from Holloway here I'm afraid. Within the next few weeks, I fully expect to read that police have found him walking the streets at three in the morning 'in a distressed state' naked except for a Blackpool FC sock protecting his modesty and mumbling to himself about weakened teams.

Phil Brown will find him stood on the rail of a bridge somewhere, and talk him down. It's what Phil Brown does. Phil's superhero name is Tan Man. His tan is like a shield of steel.

Guest San Don
I am pretty sure Tottenham matched our bid and remember reading Carroll had rejected them.

spurs reportedly only matched our bid to 30mill. They packed in at that figure and didnt bid any more.

Even so, Im not convinced spurs would have gone through with that deal when you consider the adam bid appears to have been 'shit, we've signed no one so we better try and get adam as a token signing' but even that failed.

I've no doubt adam was merely going to be a token signing for levy and co and, he'd hardly have figured for them in the 2nd half of the season.

Just my opinion though.