You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Remembrance Day

Malarkey

10 hours ago, Captain Turdseye said:

For the fucking school run!!! I try to talk to my nine year old about politics sometimes but ‘Thatcher Fucked The Kids’ prompted an interesting conversation yesterday. 

I should have switched it off, but I’d never heard it myself, she was pissing herself laughing and I’m a terrible parent. She hears swearing at home sometimes, we’re no angels, but we were talking during tea earlier and I fessed up to my bird that we’d listened to it from start to finish. 

Turdsette’s main observation… “He just says it so ANGRILY”

I’ll save the rest of that playlist for when I’m alone I think. 

First thing I’ve read after logging on today. That’s made me laugh this morning! 

Apologies mate hope you weren’t in the dog house too long. 

• Haha 1

On 11/11/2022 at 19:17, Kepler-186 said:

I’ve had a crack at that mate. Put about 20 odd on so far. 

I started listening to Janice Long on BBC Wales during lockdown and she was great still. Loads of interesting artists and that Ali Horn was one she had on. 

Unfortunately, she passed away late December last year. 

Here we go anyway. Couple of good new bands in there and some tunes for the school run. 

850FC6D2-5519-42CA-A9C1-0E6A294E2005.jpeg

D3F34DA9-4534-4508-B709-970EF011BD24.jpeg

Been listening to some more of this tonight with my earphones in. 

My Spotify favourites are already chock full of early noughties dance/trance but you’ve slipped a couple in there that I’d completely forgotten about. 

You beautiful, beautiful bastard. Can’t wait for the school run in the morning now. 

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Also, Billy Bragg’s ‘Scousers Never Buy The Sun’ needs adding. 

Yeah I’ll add that, mate. 

14 hours ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Been listening to some more of this tonight with my earphones in. 

My Spotify favourites are already chock full of early noughties dance/trance but you’ve slipped a couple in there that I’d completely forgotten about. 

You beautiful, beautiful bastard. Can’t wait for the school run in the morning now. 

Download InDemand app if you haven’t already. Lee Butler on the breakfast show. 9-10 he does the Reminisce Rewind. No news slots just local adverts and stuff. 

https://www.indemandradio.com/liverpool

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, Carradona said:

The more things change, the more they stay the same.

There was a debate on the Corbyn thread the other day about him meeting terrorists etc. I very nearly mentioned British/UVF-UFF collusion, it would have been a slam dunk but would have ended up in an argument I couldn’t be arsed with. 

• 11 months later...

I've bought a poppy this year, the further we get from active conflicts like Iraq and Afghanitsan the less it feels like it's being seen as some sort of "with us or against us" bollocks. 

I wasn't gonna bother until I saw some old bloke selling them and I sort of thought 'fuck it, if it makes someone of his generation think people give a shit then I'm happy to do it'.

It's sad that it's been hijacked, especially by human effluent like Farage and Johnson who're on the Russisn payroll, or Stone Island scumbags, but that's not the fault of that old man.

• Upvote 7