You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy - Kanye West

James

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I very much am actually. Not liking 50 Cent means you don't like rap music now does it? I just don't like shit rap music.

no not at all,i just assumed the common consensus was that he has made at least one great album,or maybe three.

maybe you do like shyt rap music,and the music you claim is shyt is actually whats good about the genre?

Not as a whole, but im talking about the content, 50 is not talented enough in the sense that he could write a song like Soundtrack to my life. 50's best stuff still involves him talking about killing people and having money.. Cudi does not need to go down that road one bit.

ah this is a whole discussion thats always baffled me,ive always wondered why people need to pigeon hole all rappers into an area where the content of their music has to be about something they assume is important.

btw cudi is only on his second album,the content from the second more or less along the same lines as the first.

why is the content old and played out when its coming from an artist like 50,but if a cudi goes on making the same music for years people like you dont bat an eye lid?

I'm not a drive by fan at all I just don't like 50 Cent and I'm sure I'm not the only one. I've studied the beginnings of hip hip, so I have a bit of an idea myself.

fair enough you dont like him but your tastes are not the deciding factor in how we define the quality of music.

hes made at least 2 classic albums,if not three,thats unquestionable.

Fantastic album.

I like a bit of Hip-Hop, but I wouldn't claim to know a lot about it. I do know good music though, and the more I listen to this the more I love it. Definately a contender for album of the year, although in my opinion Arcade Fire's The Suburbs has to be the winner.

Oh, and I think 50 cent is quite shit. I don't care what any Hip-Hop/Rap experts say, I hate his music.

why is the content old and played out when its coming from an artist like 50,but if a cudi goes on making the same music for years people like you dont bat an eye lid?

Because there is no way that at this point in his life he is doing drive bys, shooting people, he doesn't even smoke weed yet raps about it. Nobody wants to listen to the same old shit over different beats.

that may be the case but it doesnt answer the question.

How does it not answer the question? Nobody wants to listen to Curtis because his music is played out. Cudi is only about 2 years into his career so he hasn't had the opportunity to be played out, and there is less chance of Cudi being played out because he just writes about stuff that is actually going on with him.

fair enough you dont like him but your tastes are not the deciding factor in how we define the quality of music.

hes made at least 2 classic albums,if not three,thats unquestionable.

I question that. His lyrical flow, for instance, is pretty poor in my opinion. Not a very talented lyricist. He has some bangers but that is more to do with the producer than 50 cent himself. Three classic albums!? fucking hell.

Kanye is an extremely talented producer, but he too is an atrocious rapper.

3 classic albums! Are you serious? Maybe one might be considered classic by some people.

On to Kanye, although he's not technically the most gifted of rappers, lyrically I think he's outstanding and a beast of a producer. This album just keeps getting better on every listen, possibly my favourite since College Dropout.

3 classic albums! Are you serious? Maybe one might be considered classic by some people.

On to Kanye, although he's not technically the most gifted of rappers, lyrically I think he's outstanding and a beast of a producer. This album just keeps getting better on every listen, possibly my favourite since College Dropout.

You think that Kanye is lyrically outstanding? Come on, mate....

I question that. His lyrical flow, for instance, is pretty poor in my opinion. Not a very talented lyricist. He has some bangers but that is more to do with the producer than 50 cent himself. Three classic albums!? fucking hell.

Kanye is an extremely talented producer, but he too is an atrocious rapper.

i dont know,some times i just feel its a pre conditioned opinion people have about 50,its a kind of highfalutin snobbery,an "i know more than you/i used to like him when i was younger" thing i see all the time on rap forums from people who are not really that into rap,just have a passing interest.

saying that though,i will never claim hes the best lyricist or anything but hes by no means as bad as you say,hes pretty decent in fact.

as for the classic albums you seem to be doubting:guess who's back/power of the dollar,both independent releases which many consider great albums,then obviously get rich is unquestionably a classic.

the massacre and the get rich movie soundtrack are also pretty close to perfect.

many people dislike him but no one who truly loves rap music and can identify great music,whether they like the artist or not would deny his talent,nor the fact that he has produced classics.

i dont know,some times i just feel its a pre conditioned opinion people have about 50,its a kind of highfalutin snobbery,an "i know more than you/i used to like him when i was younger" thing i see all the time on rap forums from people who are not really that into rap,just have a passing interest.

saying that though,i will never claim hes the best lyricist or anything but hes by no means as bad as you say,hes pretty decent in fact.

as for the classic albums you seem to be doubting:guess who's back/power of the dollar,both independent releases which many consider great albums,then obviously get rich is unquestionably a classic.

the massacre and the get rich movie soundtrack are also pretty close to perfect.

many people dislike him but no one who truly loves rap music and can identify great music,whether they like the artist or not would deny his talent,nor the fact that he has produced classics.

You are such a condescending ogre. I know hip hop sunshine, believe me, I live for it in fact (have rap legends such as Grand Daddy IU praised YOUR hip hop blogs!? no? WELL THEN! MWAHAHAHAHA.) I just think that he is pretty poor and he does indeed sound like he is rapping with a cock in his mouth. Oh and I have heard all his stuff and I still think he is poor.