You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

January 2011 Transfer Window Speculation Thread

StevieH

There is no truth in Elia rumours, and he said he'd rather go to scum.

Certainly wouldn't mind Santon to come in.

Honda is another possibility too, would love for him to come.

Negredo is a shite player, he shouldn't come anywhere near us. He got 3 red cards last season for christ sakes.

Realistically the only players I can see coming in are young british ones, Santon and a striker, maybe Gervinho is the rumours are true.

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is no truth in Elia rumours, and he said he'd rather go to scum.

Certainly wouldn't mind Santon to come in.

Honda is another possibility too, would love for him to come.

Negredo is a shite player, he shouldn't come anywhere near us. He got 3 red cards last season for christ sakes.

Realistically the only players I can see coming in are young british ones, Santon and a striker, maybe Gervinho is the rumours are true.

the fuck do you know?

Hope there's some truth in this:

Transfer news: Liverpool set to press £20m Romelu Lukaku move, with Valencia’s Pablo Hernandez also in Reds' sight - News - MirrorFootball.co.uk

Liverpool set to press £20m Lukaku move

Published 23:00 08/01/11 By Steve Bates and Tom Hopkinson

Liverpool are *pressing ahead with a £20million swoop for Belgian strike sensation Romelu Lukaku – despite Roy Hodgson being given the boot.

Kop talent-hunter Damien Comolli is understood to have approached Anderlecht about the 17-year-old *striker who already has eight caps for his country.

The 6ft 3in powerhouse hit 15 goals in 33 league games for Anerlecht last season despite starting on the bench for 12 of his appearances.

His performances for the Belgian club have attracted scouts from all of Europe’s top clubs including both Manchester clubs, Arsenal, Chelsea and Spurs as well as the giants from Spain and Italy.

But it’s Liverpool who are pulling out all the stops to sign him – with a £15m initial fee the starting point rising to more than £20m with *performance-related add-ons.

That’s big money for Liverpool’s new owner John Henry, head of the Fenway Sports Group, but the Anfield hierarchy recognise they have to start revamping their squad – and fast.

That’s why Comolli has been busy identifying the brightest young stars in Europe and Lukaku now tops his list after Liverpool were told they have little chance of signing his *international team mate Eden Hazard from Lille.

Belgian winger Hazard, 19, is wanted by Sir Alex Ferguson as well as Jose Mourinho and sources in France say he’s *likely to head for United or Real Madrid rather than risk a move to a club in transition.

Another player on Liverpool’s radar is Valencia’s Pablo *Hernandez.

The People revealed back in October that the Spanish *midfielder was a target and the Anfield club have now *enquired about his availability.

Despite David Silva’s exit to Manchester City in the *summer, 25-year-old Hernandez has failed to pin down a regular starting place and has admitted he will look for a move if coach Unai Emeri doesn’t give him a decent run. Tottenham have also *expressed an interest in the £15m-rated star.

Liverpool Plot £28m Trio Raid as Comolli and Dalglish Draw Up Wish-List

digg

23 comments by Steven Constable on January 8th, 2011

Anfield prepares for new era by making plans for the future.

Bet on Liverpool with and get a free bet worth up to £50

Watch Manchester United v Liverpool live streaming with GetSport.tv

Newly installed caretaker manager Kenny Dalglish and Director of Football Damien Comolli have reportedly been busy drawing up plans for the January transfer window and are keen on making moves for Benfica full back Fabio Coentrao, Stoke City centre back Ryan Shawcross and Utrecht striker Ricky Van Wolfswinkel.

Portuguese international Coentrao is attacting a lot of interest and is thought to be a player that Comolli rates very highly and given Benfica’s poor showing this season, eight points behind leaders Porto, Liverpool may feel they can persuade the 22 year old wing back to push for a move.

Dutch international Ricky Van Wolfswinkel is a player that has interested the Merseyside club for a few months now and some sources suggest that an offer of around £8.5m was made for the Utrecht man and Liverpool appear willing to up that original offer in order to beat off interest from Napoli in the prolific Eredivisie striker.

Liverpool had been strongly linked with Stoke City defender Robert Huth but apparently his team-mate, and former Man United player, Ryan Shawcross is also a player the Anfield side is keen on bringing in to help stabilize an error prone defence.

Dalglish and Comolli will be looking to find ways to bring in realistic targets in January so as to help the club salvage something from a season that has been truly woeful but they will also be looking to bring in players who are there for the long term and will therefore only be looking to buy players in the relatively early stages of their careers and these three fit that bill and would not require the club’s owners to fork out excessive amounts of money in the process.

I'd take Shawcross and Coentrao, I think Wolfswinkel is over rated.

Didn't know anything about Romelu Lukaku so I looked on YouTube and came to the conclusion that he's a clumsy clogger

Not seen him much but 2 in 8 for Belgium and 25 in 54 in the league for Anderlecht for a 17 year old has gotta draw peoples attention.

Hope there's some truth in this:

Transfer news: Liverpool set to press £20m Romelu Lukaku move, with Valencia’s Pablo Hernandez also in Reds' sight - News - MirrorFootball.co.uk

Liverpool set to press £20m Lukaku move

Published 23:00 08/01/11 By Steve Bates and Tom Hopkinson

Liverpool are *pressing ahead with a £20million swoop for Belgian strike sensation Romelu Lukaku – despite Roy Hodgson being given the boot.

Kop talent-hunter Damien Comolli is understood to have approached Anderlecht about the 17-year-old *striker who already has eight caps for his country.

The 6ft 3in powerhouse hit 15 goals in 33 league games for Anerlecht last season despite starting on the bench for 12 of his appearances.

His performances for the Belgian club have attracted scouts from all of Europe’s top clubs including both Manchester clubs, Arsenal, Chelsea and Spurs as well as the giants from Spain and Italy.

But it’s Liverpool who are pulling out all the stops to sign him – with a £15m initial fee the starting point rising to more than £20m with *performance-related add-ons.

That’s big money for Liverpool’s new owner John Henry, head of the Fenway Sports Group, but the Anfield hierarchy recognise they have to start revamping their squad – and fast.

That’s why Comolli has been busy identifying the brightest young stars in Europe and Lukaku now tops his list after Liverpool were told they have little chance of signing his *international team mate Eden Hazard from Lille.

Belgian winger Hazard, 19, is wanted by Sir Alex Ferguson as well as Jose Mourinho and sources in France say he’s *likely to head for United or Real Madrid rather than risk a move to a club in transition.

Another player on Liverpool’s radar is Valencia’s Pablo *Hernandez.

The People revealed back in October that the Spanish *midfielder was a target and the Anfield club have now *enquired about his availability.

Despite David Silva’s exit to Manchester City in the *summer, 25-year-old Hernandez has failed to pin down a regular starting place and has admitted he will look for a move if coach Unai Emeri doesn’t give him a decent run. Tottenham have also *expressed an interest in the £15m-rated star.

Fucking no chance of getting him now then. I mean, which forward worth their fee will come here now that proponent of total, attacking football Hodgson has been fucked off?

"Play under that no mark Dalglish when I could have played under Hodgson? Fuck that" said Lukaku earlier, "What the fuck does Dalglish know about forward play? I was willing to sign for one of the most attack minded, all round coaches in World Football, but now he's been binned I'm fucked if I'm going to play for a nobody like Dalglish".

Then he added later "well alright then, I might do".

Newly installed caretaker manager Kenny Dalglish and Director of Football Damien Comolli have reportedly been busy drawing up plans for the January transfer window

I tend to believe this

Away from matters on the pitch, will you be having conversations with Damien Comolli and the owners with a view to bringing in new players during this transfer window?

I'm just in the door. I'm sure there will be conversations but honestly, I have had minimal conversations about what's happening. I need to sit down and be told. I've got straight off the plane to do this interview and to try and get a message to the supporters and hope that I can repay the trust that John, Tom and the other footballing people, Ian and Damien, have put in me.

Also gutted that Hazard doesn't want to play for us but then again it is the mirror (who have linked with every player out there in the last few days).

Fuck him and gthe horse he rode in on, yer either with us or against us, last night was the reunification of the club, anyone doesn't want to be part of that, step out the way, we're coming through. It maybe a longer and slower process than we'd like, but we've just fucked off one of the last major clouds of a long storm.