You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

High Court Date and Time

bri

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We're now entering a penalty shoot out after extra time of the 2nd leg.

Bollocks we are, we were through on goal and have been hacked down in the area. He'll be given a red and we'll net the pen. Fuck the cunt!

Keep digging a hole Tom, if you push it far enough we may be able to afford to buy the Stars off you with your own money.

we'll probably just get NESV to put in a 400m bid or summat, at least they will then get some profit, that's all this is about after all. He is just wanting to walk away with something, this whole injunction is his last bid to get something and it'll be settled out of court. This is why the stupidly high price he is suing us for.

He's a cunt

Mate, calm down and get yourself some sleep.

This shit will get sorted soon. I'm pretty confident the sale will go through in the next few hours/days (at most).

I love this club too damn much than to sleep now. I want to go to bed knowing that my club is safe and sound and not being fucking kicked around by 2 fucking yanks on a power trip.

11.35pm: Friday, of course, is the deadline for Hicks and Gillett to refinance their loans with RBS. If this drags on, there's every chance they could still be in charge on Friday, and technically RBS would be able to call in the loan, thus placing Liverpool in administration, meaning they would be deducted nine points by the Premier League. This appears unlikely as it would scupper the sale to NESV, but it's something else to factor into the equation. It does seem that this is simply a delaying tactic by Hicks and Gillett.

11.40pm: An interesting email from a law student. "The Texas judge who issued the injunction has not made an decision on the merits of the case. The injunction just halts everything until there is a hearing. The grounds for granting an emergency TRO are that the actions will create irreparable harm that cannot be adequately compensated for through monetary damages. I suspect that once Judge Jordan actually has a hearing on the issue, he will dismiss it and remove the injunction. The Texas courts probably do have jurisdiction, but they will be hesitant to take it when it will put them in conflict with English courts that are better able to adjudicate the issue. Hopefully, this has only temporarily delayed the sale and Liverpool will avoid administration, but H&G have probably bought themselves a couple more days."

11.40pm: An interesting email from a law student. "The Texas judge who issued the injunction has not made an decision on the merits of the case. The injunction just halts everything until there is a hearing. The grounds for granting an emergency TRO are that the actions will create irreparable harm that cannot be adequately compensated for through monetary damages. I suspect that once Judge Jordan actually has a hearing on the issue, he will dismiss it and remove the injunction. The Texas courts probably do have jurisdiction, but they will be hesitant to take it when it will put them in conflict with English courts that are better able to adjudicate the issue. Hopefully, this has only temporarily delayed the sale and Liverpool will avoid administration, but H&G have probably bought themselves a couple more days."

we'll probably just get NESV to put in a 400m bid or summat, at least they will then get some profit, that's all this is about after all. He is just wanting to walk away with something, this whole injunction is his last bid to get something and it'll be settled out of court. This is why the stupidly high price he is suing us for.

He's a cunt

why the fuck should NESV pay more?

OUR HIGH COURT RULED IN OUR FAVOUR.

i dont understand why that doesnt appear to be counting for anything???

this is insaine! its the high court people! not "oh me mum said".

this is an absolute joke

Guest Numero Veinticinco
its an absolute outrage. Fucking tin pot court can block the high court ruling effectively, fucking shambles

I still don't think they can stop it. At most they get the lawyers thinking about whether they actually have jurisdiction.

I'd be amazed that by the morning this bullshit isn't fucked off.

the fact that the board are all still there must mean something could yet still happen tonight

i just hope they havent left out the back door to avoid questions from the animals out the front.

if i was Broughton or Henry i wouldnt want to talk to them right now either.

We could be sat here waiting for nothing.

Just saying like

11.35pm: Friday, of course, is the deadline for Hicks and Gillett to refinance their loans with RBS. If this drags on, there's every chance they could still be in charge on Friday, and technically RBS would be able to call in the loan, thus placing Liverpool in administration, meaning they would be deducted nine points by the Premier League. This appears unlikely as it would scupper the sale to NESV, but it's something else to factor into the equation. It does seem that this is simply a delaying tactic by Hicks and Gillett.

Well seeing as RBS are named in the injunction, that won't happen, probably not even legal.

In the TRO, is says, 'Liverpool FC had various valuations and potential sales that valued the club in excess of $600 million and as much as $1.03billion'

Could that be Khirdi making a verbal 'offer' or 'valuation' to H and G for $1billion, fully well knowing this could be used in court in their favour?