You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Jovanovic tossing his toys out of the pram...

Unrighteous

JOVANOVIC: I COULD LEAVE LIVERPOOL

Posted 02/10/10 07:01

Liverpool forward Milan Jovanovic is contemplating leaving the club just two months into the season.

The Serb, signed on a free transfer in the summer from Standard Liege, is seemingly unhappy about his lack of playing time under Roy Hodgson and warned he is getting itchy feet.

"I am starting to find the time dragging on," he is quoted as saying by The Sun.

"I'm a fighter but if things do not sort themselves out I will change club - even though it is too soon to think about it yet.

"I'm on form, I'm working hard and I have started eight competitive games.

"But I've not been in the starting XI for the last few matches - and I've not even come on as a sub."

He continued: "I have to adapt to a new system over here. I have to defend all the time.

"Just three or four teams in the Premier league play attractive football. The others set great store by commitment, discipline and defending.

"I miss Standard and the city of Liege."

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, I read that in the Mirror today. I don't mind him feeling frustrated but the "I'm on form" line is rather troubling because it suggests there is nothing more to come. As many said at the time, there's a very good reason why he's reached the age of 29 and never played in a halfway decent league.

Voronin Mark 2?

I'd take the quotes with a pinch of salt at the moment. Too many times we've read sit like this only for a denial to come out a few days later. Also, the fact that The S*N is mentioned means I'm rendering it total bullshit until proven otherwise.

Yeah, didn't notice the rag mention in the first read through...

He continued: "I have to adapt to a new system over here. I have to defend all the time.

"Just three or four teams in the Premier league play attractive football. The others set great store by commitment, discipline and defending.

Tell us about it...

JOVANOVIC: I COULD LEAVE LIVERPOOL

Posted 02/10/10 07:01

Liverpool forward Milan Jovanovic is contemplating leaving the club just two months into the season.

"I'm on form, I'm working hard and I have started eight competitive games."

It's irony on a previously unheard of level from a footballer.

But I fucking like it.

I clicked on the link for this on the BBC site this morning as it had it down as a Mirror article. When the hyperlink connected it took me to the S*n instead! I quickly clicked 'back' and checked no one had seen me. I still feel dirty though.

If its linked to that rag, it's meaningless.

I must start by saying Sky Sports and the Sun are the same sensationalist lying cunts regarding everything, so saying its from Sky as to give it some credibility is like saying you'd rather get blown up by Osama Bin Laden rather than die at the IRA's hands. Its neither here nor there, they all talk shite.

As for the story, I seem to remember the same at the beginning of Yossis Anfield career and he ended up alright like. Early days for Jovanovic just the way it is for the manager.

was gonna quote original post and share my feelings on jova until i seen where the story originated,surprised anyone saw fit to post that tbh.[/QUOTE]

My thoughts entirely.

Unrighteous - where the fuck did you find that story? And how come you missed the "source"?

Football365. I usually read the stuff from that site.