You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Poulsen Vs Lucas: Who should start in the middle?  

146 members have voted

1. 1. Poulsen Vs Lucas: Who should start in the middle?

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Neither for 90% of games I think it should be Meireles and Gerrard.

Only games against the top four or five teams away from home would I play one of them and I'd say they are about as good as each other - but Lucas is more athletic.

Neither for 90% of games I think it should be Meireles and Gerrard.

Only games against the top four or five teams away from home would I play one of them and I'd say they are about as good as each other - but Lucas is more athletic.

I agree with playing Gerrard and Meireles and Cole/Kuyt ahead of them for 90% of the games, but I would play Poulson for the others.

Neither, they're both fucking shit.

I'm a fan of the holding player/ sitting midfielder/ defensive midfielder, and Didi was one of my favourite players, but there's no point playing one if the options are Lucas or Poulsen.

Far better to simply trust Gerrard and Meireles to cover when the other goes forward

Perhaps a 4-3-3:

Reina

Magic

Carra

Agger

Konchesky

Meireles

Gerrard

Kuyt

Jova

Torres

Cole

He doesn't take prisoners because he can't catch them. I'd fancy Ronnie Biggs to be able to outrun him now.

I'm not talking about pace. Neither has in that case. Poulsen is a better tackler, and he puts it up to the op more. Like when Sunderland had their peno, Poulsen wasn't backing down with one of theirs when they were standing outside the box. That's what I mean.

Poulsen doesn't have pace, we all know that.