You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Anyway, I altered my tactics slightly so that my tackling wasn't as aggressive as it seems as though the referees are sterner in the big games.

Aha, that may explain something that happened in the supercopa in Spain. Was playing away against Real Madrid and I'm beginning to think that our very aggressive approach triggered a Real mental meltdown. See below.

344z0hd.jpg

Khedira got his second yellow because he complained about offside when Soldado scored.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not much has changed for me, I keep winning mainly with the odd draw thrown in and i'm 2nd/3rd 4 points behind Chelsea and pretty much dead level with Arsenal. I'm 10 points clear of 4th though, which as I keep saying, is the aim so i'm happy with that.

One frustration, is that I have £10M to spend in the Jan window but can't get in the players I want. I had a deal agreed for Sanchez with £10M upfront and £6M in 12 months but I was unable to complete it due to a lack of funds. I thought that if I paid £10M now I could complete it?

I should reach my 300th game tomorrow. The joys of being a bachelor.

Played 282 Won 214 (76%) Drawn 42 (15%) Lost 26 (9%)

For 681 (2.41) Against 217 (0.76)

Mr. O202, could you please gaze into your crystal ball and let me know how Milan Badelj has progressed on your save?

The lad starts at Dinamo in Croatia, but there are usually a few bigger clubs sniffing around him at the start.

I brought in him at the start of my game for £3.5m, and whilst he's not a World beater by any stretch of the imagination, his value is increasing and he plays well every time he's selected, be it from the start or the bench.

I'm curious to know how he has progressed in other peoples games, as he does have something about him that makes me think he'll be the heart of my midfield for years to come.

Many thanks in advance.

Not much has changed for me, I keep winning mainly with the odd draw thrown in and i'm 2nd/3rd 4 points behind Chelsea and pretty much dead level with Arsenal. I'm 10 points clear of 4th though, which as I keep saying, is the aim so i'm happy with that.

One frustration, is that I have £10M to spend in the Jan window but can't get in the players I want. I had a deal agreed for Sanchez with £10M upfront and £6M in 12 months but I was unable to complete it due to a lack of funds. I thought that if I paid £10M now I could complete it?

If you tight for cash try offering them £16m over a time. It will only take the next 12 months money out if you budget, i.e if you do it over 48 months it will take £4m out of your current budget and the rest will be factored into your budgets each year until it's paid.

Al, on my game I had with Liverpool he ended up at Chelsea and was getting games and doing well for them by the end of the second season.

Back to my journeyman career we managed to exceed expectations in 2010/11 and 2011/12 finishing 3rd and 4th respectively. Second season was particularly frustrating as I lost a few players through not being able to afford to pay them wages and lost a couple more with the chairman accepting bids for them. Couldn't bring anyone in to replace them as I had no funds so although we started the season really well with 6 wins on the bounce as the season went on we tailed off very badly. In both seasons we got knocked out of the cup at the quarter final stage.

I resigned at the end of the season (May 2012) but couldn't get another job anywhere till December 2012 when I took over at Persim Bandung who sat in 15th spot in the league. Didn't really want the job but had nothing else of note available. I lasted 8 days (eat your heart out Cloughie) before resigning to take over at PSPS Pekanburu who sat in 5th spot and had a transfer budget.

So far played 3, won 1, lost 2 and we have dropped to 7th. Only at the half way stage so I think we can move on with a couple of signings. The team is pretty crap but look like world beaters compared to what I had at Persela.

Immediately brought in former players Raul Basilio Garay as a scout, Garay was one of my first signings when I was at Persela and was immense up front for me with 41 goals and 26 assists in 76 games for me.

Edit: Just checked Badelj for you again. On this career he has gone to Paris Saint Germain for £1.4m, his career for them is 45 games, 13 goals and 29 assists in 10/11, 42 games, 6 goals and 19 assists in 11/12, so far in 12/13 he has 26 games, 7 goals, 14 assists. Average rating for the 3 seasons is 7.86, 7.49, 7.76 and stats wise he looks very good, excellent first touch, passing and technique. Otherwise everything bar long throws is 10+ very good across the board.

A few screenies for you all to marvel at.

While your all trying to decide which £15,000,000 winger to buy and how to fit all that attacking talent into your sides I have these gems at my disposal.

Current striker and club record goal scorer.

Warning! The following content is NOT WORK SAFE. Click the Show button to reveal.

goals.jpg

Club record signing

Warning! The following content is NOT WORK SAFE. Click the Show button to reveal.

record.jpg

Neither are my signings but obviously I am humbled to work with such an abundance of talent.

Also been having a general look around to see what's happening in the world at the moment.

At Liverpool Roy has retired after finishing 5th two seasons running and the club is now managed by Javier Aguirre. Most of the signings at Liverpool have been truly uninspiring.

2010/11 signed Harry Kewell, Kenny Miller, Stephen Carr and Christian Benitez for a total of £11.25m with no players out.

2011/12 signed Seydou Keita on loan plus Francesco Tavano, Mamadou Bagayoko and Ibrahim Affelay on frees and Nenad Tomovic for £4.4m. Sold Toni Silva to Bolton for £150k!!!!! released Hansen, Kelly, Irwin, Mendy, Bruna, Saric and Brouwer. Let Meireles go on a free to Deportivo and sold Maxi and Kohlert.

Seems quite realistic in terms of Hodgsons transfer record.

It's a bit more optimistic with Aguirre as he has brought in some decent attackers like Biabiany on frees although he has let Patches go to Fulham £3.6m.

Hodgson got the England job in my Liverpool game but was sacked after they failed to get out of their World Cup group. They approached me, but I can't be doing with two jobs.

Mr. O202, could you please gaze into your crystal ball and let me know how Milan Badelj has progressed on your save?

He hasn't done a great deal on mine:

milanbadelj.jpg

My scouts say he'd be a leading star for most Premier League sides but he'd only be the 8th best central midfielder at the club - I do have a shitload of MCs and AMCs though.

If you tight for cash try offering them £16m over a time. It will only take the next 12 months money out if you budget, i.e if you do it over 48 months it will take £4m out of your current budget and the rest will be factored into your budgets each year until it's paid.

Cheers mate, i'll offer them £10M now and structure the other over 48 months!

Cheers.

Right, first day of the third season. Just lost to Arsenal (the champs) in the shield. Here's my squad:

GK - Reina, Jones, Gulasci

DR - Johnson Diogo, Kelly

DL - Insua, Angel, Konchesky, Robinson

DC - Skrtel, Ayala, Carra

DC - Agger, Wilson

DM - Lucas, Poulsen, Palsson, Spearing

MC - Meireles, Aquilani, Suso

MC - Gerrard, Shelvey, Verratti

AMR - Sanchez, Maxi, Kuyt

AML - Albin, Silva, Gayle

FC - Torres, Tardelli, Griffiths, Pacheco

Left wing is my weakest point but Angel and Griffiths provide additional cover. That is Toni Silva btw and Gayle is a 16 year old newgen who's come into the academy this season. He's fucking good.

Managed to get Sanchez on deadline day with £10M up front and £6M spread over 48 months - happy days (although he's done nothing in his first two games, early days I guess).

Lost 1-0 at Villa despite twatting them and having a goal disallowed for offside when it clearly wasn't. Just beat Blackburn 3-0 at home and remain in 3rd place, one point behind Arsenal who are in second and 7 points behind leaders Chelsea with 12 games to go.