You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
The BBC should just seek permission from the PL to stop showing their highlights. I think the fans of the opposing team could live with it to piss Taggart off.

Another week passes without him speaking to the BBC.. I won't hold my breath that anything will happen. It just fucking winds me up how much that cunt is allowed to get away with.

You might want to read post number one?

Maybe you should take your own advice.

However, the Premier League has withdrawn its plans to introduce another rule that could have forced Ferguson to attend post-match press conferences.

For the past seven years Ferguson has been the only manager in the league not to talk to newspaper reporters after league games, giving interviews only to Sky and Manchester United's in-house television station, MUTV. The plan was to make it mandatory for a manager or senior member of the coaching staff to hold a press conference, but that will probably not be introduced until the 2011-12 season.

• 2 weeks later...
FERGUSON SNUB BREAKS PL RULES

The Premier League and Sir Alex Ferguson appear on a collision course after the Manchester United manager maintained his stance of not giving interviews to the BBC.

After United played Fulham on Sunday, Ferguson was expected to end his boycott of speaking to the corporation, which dates back to 2004, amid pressure from the Premier League and League Managers' Association.

But the United manager has opted to continue his current position with assistant Mike Phelan available to provide analysis and comment should the BBC request it.

The Premier League reacted with disappointment to the news.

A statement from the governing body read: "The Premier League is disappointed that the BBC and Manchester United have, as yet, been unable to resolve the issue of Sir Alex Ferguson providing post-match interviews.

"We will, of course, continue to monitor the situation and offer any help deemed necessary by either party to try and help remedy the situation.

"However, this is a breach of Premier League rules and the board will consider the appropriate course of action at their next meeting scheduled for late September."

Football365 | All The News | Football News | FERGUSON SNUB BREAKS PL RULES

I'm pretty sure we're in 'late september' territory, any word on this meeting?

contactus@fapl.co.uk

barbara.slater@bbc.co.uk

Dear Sir or Madam:

I write to you as a BBC licence fee payer and would be interested in knowing when the board will be meeting to discuss the blatant rule breaking my Alex Ferguson by refusing to speak to the BBC's Match of The Day due to his petty grudge that he has held over the Panorama programme which exposed his son.

A statement released by the Premier League board on 22nd August stated that: "This is a breach of Premier League rules and the board will consider the appropriate course of action at their next meeting scheduled for late September."

I have copied in Barbara Slater - BBC Director of Sport as I feel that she is entitled to an answer as well as the many others like me.

I look forward to your reply, hopefully before Friday when your deadline of "late September" will have passed.

Kind regards,

NB.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
contactus@fapl.co.uk

barbara.slater@bbc.co.uk

Dear Sir or Madam:

I write to you as a BBC licence fee payer and would be interested in knowing when the board will be meeting to discuss the blatant rule breaking my Alex Ferguson by refusing to speak to the BBC's Match of The Day due to his petty grudge that he has held over the Panorama programme which exposed his son.

A statement released by the Premier League board on 22nd August stated that: "This is a breach of Premier League rules and the board will consider the appropriate course of action at their next meeting scheduled for late September."

I have copied in Barbara Slater - BBC Director of Sport as I feel that she is entitled to an answer as well as the many others like me.

I look forward to your reply, hopefully before Friday when your deadline of "late September" will have passed.

Kind regards,

NB.

They didn't bother replying.