You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Evidence?

Broughton saying Hodgson wasn't concerned about how much money he was going to get and that's why he was picked because he thought he could use the current squad and get more out of them.

Hodgson saying he hasn't discussed what his transfer budget will be with Purslow yet.

Maybe not a yes man but very naive. I'd be surprised if he gets all the money from sales to spend.

• Replies 607
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Torres signed a new contract with a massive payrise a year ago, he's been out injured 40% of his time here with injuries mainly picked up playing for Spain, if he decides to go maybe we should remember that, and as was pointed out earlier I did'nt hear Arsenal or United players crying when there best players were been sold, everyday stories are been leaked by media everyday regarding our players, YNWA eh?

Broughton saying Hodgson wasn't concerned about how much money he was going to get and that's why he was picked because he thought he could use the current squad and get more out of them.

Hodgson saying he hasn't discussed what his transfer budget will be with Purslow yet.

Maybe not a yes man but very naive. I'd be surprised if he gets all the money from sales to spend.

He also said he wanted top quality players, he wanted to match the ambitions of Gerrard and Co, he hoped the owners would change as soon as possible and he was determined to bring success back to the club. I guess one can be selective about which comments to take seriously. It's still grossly unfair to present him as a yes man, or naive - unless you know more than he does about what is happening, which seems unlikely at this point.

060209PaulMerson_1862695.jpg

The fing is, Jeff, the fans are entitled to change clubs. Liverpool ain't won anyfink since 2006 - that's 15 years, Jeff. Some of these fans ain't getting any younger, either, Jeff - so when Mourinho come in to Real Madrid, say, you can't blame any Liverpool fans for deciding to start supporting Real Madrid. Or Barcelona. I mean, if their own club ain't matching their own ambitions - and might not be in a position to start doing so again for, well, maybe two or even free years or summat - what's a fan supposed to do? Keep supporting 'em? That ain't gonna happen, Jeff. They ain't mad. I tell you, I can see 20,000, firty thousand, maybe even forty thousand fans switching to other clubs before the end of August, I really can. I mean, they don't owe the club nuffink. They've been carrying the bladdy club for years! If they go, they should go wiv a pat on the back and a slice of cake, like the players. That's football, Jeff.

Roy is still fucking reeling from winning the lottery, Harry R is a better manager than him, far better. However Roy fulfills our criteria better.

Flavour of the month in the media, check

Available, check

DiplomatIC IMMUNITY, check

Can distract fans by presenting a litter of newborn puppies if important questions get asked and acting fatherly toward them. Check

Unlikely to whine if Torres, Gerrard, etc are sold, check

Likely to help Torres negotiations with Chelsea due to his mastering of the cockney language. Check

Likely to see off that cunt Dalglish once and for all. Check

Unlikely to raise any expectations, any trophy a bonus. Check

Unlikely to ask what transfer budget might be, check

Unlikely to ask too many questions when Benyoun is sold to a 'rival' Check.

Wants to keep mutineer Riera onboard the HMS LFC. Check

Can speak many languages, so can ask batter managers what the Champions league, is really like, in their native tongue so we get all the experience, without the trouble of playing in it and getting hammered. Check

A real man manager, gets really close to the players, licks the heads of his favourite players as they head off down the tunnel after a tough match with his rough tongue making them go all fuzzy, which stimulates bonding hormones to be released like a mare who has just foaled, saving the time a money needed for costly placenta treatments, check

Roy is still fucking reeling from winning the lottery, Harry R is a better manager than him, far better. However Roy fulfills our criteria better.

Flavour of the month in the media, check

Available, check

DiplomatIC IMMUNITY, check

Can distract fans by presenting a litter of newborn puppies if important questions get asked and acting fatherly toward them. Check

Unlikely to whine if Torres, Gerrard, etc are sold, check

Likely to help Torres negotiations with Chelsea due to his mastering of the cockney language. Check

Likely to see off that cunt Dalglish once and for all. Check

(I know you're being sarcastic, but please don't say 'cunt Dalglish'.

Unlikely to raise any expectations, any trophy a bonus. Check

Unlikely to ask what transfer budget might be, check

Unlikely to ask too many questions when Benyoun is sold to a 'rival' Check.

Wants to keep mutineer Riera onboard the HMS LFC. Check

Can speak many languages, so can ask batter managers what the Champions league, is really like, in their native tongue so we get all the experience, without the trouble of playing in it and getting hammered. Check

A real man manager, gets really close to the players, licks the heads of his favourite players as they head off down the tunnel after a tough match with his rough tongue making them go all fuzzy, which stimulates bonding hormones to be released like a mare who has just foaled, saving the time a money needed for costly placenta treatments, check

The ones in bold outline precisely why Roy got the job. Purslow played a blinder in getting Rafa out :( it's a shame so many of you went along with it

Torres exit talk denied

Liverpool striker's agent insists remarks are false

Fernando Torres' agent has denied making the comments published in the English press on Monday regarding the striker's future at Liverpool.

Agent Jose Antonio Martin reportedly refused to commit the Spain forward's long-term future to Anfield and indicated he could move to another Premier League club.

But Martin insists he did not make the remarks and is adamant 26-year-old Torres, who is contracted at Liverpool until 2013, will remain with the Reds.

"For many months I have not spoken to the England press because their quotes are totally false," said Martin.

"Now is not the moment to speak about this issue because Torres is focused completely on his work for Spain.

"After the World Cup (player-agency company) Bahia Internacional will possibly meet with the player but the truth is that Fernando has signed a deal with Liverpool which is for the present and the future."

It was also rumoured that Torres was set for a make-or-break meeting with Liverpool boss Roy Hodgson in the coming days to discuss his future, but Bahia Internacional sources have dismissed this claim as "simple speculation".

Sky Sports | Football News | Premier League | Liverpool | Torres exit talk denied

i can honestly see all our top players staying this one final season. its basically put up or shut up time. the club will be sold according to broughton by august. not saying that is in stone but the timeline makes sense. that means due diligence etc during the first half of the season.

by the winter window everything would be sorted. if we are lied to once again, everyone of the players could ask for a move in january. worst case they'd move that summer.

i think the players want answers and ambition to be shown, the answer to that comes from who the new ownership group is, which is an unknown right now. that's the biggest piece and after that the dominoes start to fall.

players like riera and babel and kuyt won't leave because of the situation. mascherano would leave if we were owned by city's owners, he's just a fickle bastard. torres i think stays if stevie stays because i think both of them saw how close we got 2 seasons ago and feel like there is unfinished business

If Torres goes to Chelsea he's a cunt.

Although that impersonator Darren Farley put on Facebook:

*Darren Farley I done an interview with Fernando Torres for adidas a couple of months ago and I'm tellin yer now in his words '' Theres no way I wud play for another premiership club '' More bollocks from his agent who will get the chop after this load of bollocks His armband said he was a red and thats how He'll stay YNWA

why would torres give an interview for adidas?

that is brilliant that is

The fing is, Jeff, the fans are entitled to change clubs. Liverpool ain't won anyfink since 2006 - that's 15 years, Jeff. Some of these fans ain't getting any younger, either, Jeff - so when Mourinho come in to Real Madrid, say, you can't blame any Liverpool fans for deciding to start supporting Real Madrid. Or Barcelona. I mean, if their own club ain't matching their own ambitions - and might not be in a position to start doing so again for, well, maybe two or even free years or summat - what's a fan supposed to do? Keep supporting 'em? That ain't gonna happen, Jeff. They ain't mad. I tell you, I can see 20,000, firty thousand, maybe even forty thousand fans switching to other clubs before the end of August, I really can. I mean, they don't owe the club nuffink. They've been carrying the bladdy club for years! If they go, they should go wiv a pat on the back and a slice of cake, like the players. That's football, Jeff.

[

Could someone rep that for me? I have to spread it about first, but that, Mr. Macca, is an uncanny impression.

Done and done, genius stuff.

I just tried to rep you for repping GKM and was again told that I need to spread it around. This could turn into some infinite rep regression, leading to the eventual collapse of space and time.