You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

BBC Glastonbury Coverage

Vincent Vega

9 minutes ago, Redder Lurtz said:

Yep so I gather.

Who'd have thought you'd get narked about someone digging out one of your beloved Gallagher brothers? 

You're only miffed because your skinnier twin brother was playing drums with the Arctics. 

Went see the the Damned a few weeks ago on the O2 and  I have to say they were outstanding. Vanians voice at his age is quite something.

14 minutes ago, Redder Lurtz said:

Yep so I gather.

Who'd have thought you'd get narked about someone digging out one of your beloved Gallagher brothers? 

You're only miffed because your skinnier twin brother was playing drums with the Arctics. 

I love it when you bite. 

27 minutes ago, an tha said:

The Murder Capital and The Last Dinner Party are two to watch this weekend IMO.

Main stage line ups are fucking mostly abysmal IMO.

I've seen Murder Capital a fair few times and not sure why it hasn't happened for them yet. Really good live. 

4 minutes ago, Nelly-Matip said:

Hot Chip on the BBC2 highlights. Sounding like a slightly more polished version of the Brett Domino Trio who are sometimes on 8 out of 10 Cats Does Countdown. 

IMG_2304.png

Yeah. I've seen Hot Chip also more than once and it's not for me. 

1 hour ago, Captain Howdy said:

Went see the the Damned a few weeks ago on the O2 and  I have to say they were outstanding. Vanians voice at his age is quite something.

Saw them in Leeds on the same tour. Vanian is absolute class. Was very entertaining when Sensible walked out for the encore wearing a Palace shirt a few days after they'd hammered Leeds. 

• Upvote 1

Got the Foo Fighters on iPlayer. They are so much better just playing shorter and tighter sets - not the overblown, bloated, boring sets they’ve morphed into.

Guns N Roses should take note ahead of tonight. I’ll likely watch them but skip all the boring bits (so half of it).

Looking for Royal Blood on the iPlayer but couldn’t find them. 

I’ll watch Queens Of The Stone Age on Sunday and then that will be about it - I saw them in Halifax on Tuesday and it was quality. 

• Upvote 1

I didn't see her set (I don't have access to any BBC TV) but I fucking love Kelis, she's magic. 'Seen she's going out with Bill Murray, not something I had foreseen.

Young Fathers I'm hearing good things about too, I'll need to have a proper listen to them.

Foo Fighters are fucking dire.

38 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

I've tried with the foo fighter but I just can't take to their songs they bore the shit out of me.

They had a run of great (popular) songs back in the day so everytime I see they’re on the telly I tune in to see them only to hear some absolute fucking shite from them.

I don’t know if it’s because I’ve never got into being a super fan of bands / artists so maybe it’s my fault but this is why I asked earlier if the BBC are only allowed to play the stuff the hardcore like cos I never get to hear any of the great stuff when tuning into Glastonbury. 

Chemical brothers gig same last year. Everyone was pretending to be blown away yet I didn’t know one song and I’ve got all there early stuff. 

16 minutes ago, Mook said:

I didn't see her set (I don't have access to any BBC TV) but I fucking love Kelis, she's magic. 'Seen she's going out with Bill Murray, not something I had foreseen.

Young Fathers I'm hearing good things about too, I'll need to have a proper listen to them.

Foo Fighters are fucking dire.

I switched to her about 45 minutes into Arctic Molnkeys. And she was boss. I did only see about half an hour though as I was shattered. 

53 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

I've tried with the foo fighter but I just can't take to their songs they bore the shit out of me.

I tend to agree. I was okay with them when they first arrived but if a song comes on through my shuffle playlist these days, I tend to skip.

That said my son has picked up his guitar recently and starting playing some of their stuff so I'm hearing Everlong, Monkey Wrench and All my Life quite a lot at the moment.