You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

BBC Glastonbury Coverage

Vincent Vega

Remembering how bad McCartney was last year. Shame that because he’s always said he couldn’t get on board with artists who turn up and play their new stuff that no one’s ever heard of yet done the same last year.

He says he went to see Little Richard (iirc) and was so excited to hear him sing the sings that made him love him enough to become his hero only to be bored to tears listening to him drone on with only playing new stuff that was terrible.

• Downvote 1

12 minutes ago, Red74 said:

Remembering how bad McCartney was last year. Shame that because he’s always said he couldn’t get on board with artists who turn up and play their new stuff that no one’s ever heard of yet done the same last year.

He says he went to see Little Richard (iirc) and was so excited to hear him sing the sings that made him love him enough to become his hero only to be bored to tears listening to him drone on with only playing new stuff that was terrible.

Eh? He was fucking excellent. There were a few quims moaning about him on social media for playing new stuff but other than that he got fantastic reviews. And rightly so. 

Gabriel’s and Young Fathers, have stood out thus far got me. FF as mentioned benefited from having only a short slot(some crowd that) Hot Chip as ever very good. The Fred again set, and crowd were bouncing.

There was a guy the beeb covered and had playing a live set, African, shirt with red stars on -  if anyone watched him, can you let me know his/the band’s name.

7 minutes ago, Redder Lurtz said:

Eh? He was fucking excellent. There were a few quims moaning about him on social media for playing new stuff but other than that he got fantastic reviews. And rightly so. 

The people who were there disagree 

9 hours ago, Red74 said:

Are the beeb contractually obliged just to play the absolute shite that’s spewed out at this gaff

I always cringe when they are all round some camp fire and Jo Whiley introduces somebody nobody has ever heard off to play and acoustic song. The guitar is always sound of tune,  it’s always shite and Jo Whiley then reacts like it’s the greatest performance of all time. Fuck off. 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

34 minutes ago, Chip Butty said:

There was a guy the beeb covered and had playing a live set, African, shirt with red stars on -  if anyone watched him, can you let me know his/the band’s name.

N’famady Kouyaté

if you get chance, get on this lad. 

1 hour ago, Red74 said:

Mcartney was superb last year. 

The Foo Fighters are superb. Honestly some of you cunts have a desire to wank over underground shite that’s not popular because it’s fucking turd. I bet most of you secretly lash Coldplay on in the shower. Bad beauts 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Red74 said:

What? I thought he was fucking great! The second half of his set was unbeatable. 

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, johnsusername said:

What? I thought he was fucking great! The second half of his set was unbeatable. 

It really was ! When you’ve got Springsteen and Grohl on-stage in absolute awe you know the main man is in town. 

13 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

The Foo Fighters are superb. Honestly some of you cunts have a desire to wank over underground shite that’s not popular because it’s fucking turd. I bet most of you secretly lash Coldplay on in the shower. Bad beauts 

I cant agree. The only people i know who are into the Foo Fighters were lads in school who used to pretend they like bitter at 16. They would be reading car magazine in the common room, discussing horse racing with the other saddos, whilst me and the cool kids would discuss going to the pleasure rooms at the weekend.

Just now, John102 said:

I cant agree. The only people i know who are into the Foo Fighters were lads in school who used to pretend they like bitter at 16. They would be reading car magazine in the common room, discussing horse racing with the other saddos, whilst me and the cool kids would discuss going to the pleasure rooms at the weekend.

I didn’t like them when I was younger, didn’t really know them. I also went the pleasure rooms. Then I got out and started going to festivals and indulging in live music. The Foo Fighters are superb. You can do a line off your mates toaster with Dave Graham , I’ll be in the field fingering rock snatch. 

• Upvote 1

Foos had three great albums and a bunch of good fun hits after that. With the state of rock music as it is, it's great that they're still out there, especially where they came from (Germs, Scream, Nirvana most obviously, now even The Vandals getting involved). Shame that link doesn't seem to land with many of their fans though. They are fucking great live as well, up with Slipknot and The Hives in terms of great festival bands. A guaranteed good time.

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Yes!

I always thought you were a cunt, Stig, but now have to admit you are actually just a quim.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Pidge said:

Foos had three great albums and a bunch of good fun hits after that. With the state of rock music as it is, it's great that they're still out there, especially where they came from (Germs, Scream, Nirvana most obviously, now even The Vandals getting involved). Shame that link doesn't seem to land with many of their fans though. They are fucking great live as well, up with Slipknot and The Hives in terms of great festival bands. A guaranteed good time.

Ace band and anyone who has seen them live will get it. Love them 

2 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

He’s gone proper weird, Alex Turner. 

That early stuff is still top drawer, even with him trying to murder his own songs. 

Ha, that was weird last night. 

1 minute ago, Jarvinja Ilnow said:

Yes!

I always thought you were a cunt, Stig, but now have to admit you are actually just a quim.

Oh I am a cunt. Badged up the lot. Absolute quim and all. Wanna fight? 

1 minute ago, Red74 said:

Look, I love McCartney like a god but all I said was that he stunk the gaff out last year and he did.

IMG_8718.gif

I bet you left/switched off after half an hour because he hadn’t played Eleanor Rigby yet 

2 hours ago, Red74 said:

That's a very odd thing for McCartney to say or think. Musicians should play exactly what they want during their set and not be pandering to the crowd.

A musician relying purely on their old material for a live set should be thinking about packing it in IMO.