You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Do You Want England To Win The World Cup?

njackets

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It isn't self loathing on my part, I support England Cricket team, I support all our Athletes, I support all our boxers, all our Golfers, all our Tennis players (both of them), our Swimmers, our Cyclists, our Rugby teams, both Middle Class and Working Class versions, I support our actors at the Oscars as well!

Not particularly patriotic, but still give my support everyone who is British.

I just fucking hate the England football team!

Weird!! But I'm like that....and I don't know why. The last time I properly supported them in a World Cup was 1982 - even had the full kit. But after that Bobby Robson took over dropped Keegan, had a 'love in' with Captain crock, and i just went off them. Funnily enough, England played better at the next 2 WC's when Captain crock was injured.

I will be watching them, shouting for them up on till say the 1/4's or maybe the semi's with SG, Carra and GJ doing well, maybe scoring a goal or 2.Would love to see Carra score, to see his reaction.

To win it tho, No way.We would never hear the end of it.

It Spain or the Argies for me

No, even though I'm English, in fact I'd rather Germany beat England than England win it, I support my country in other sports though.

Im not a big England fan and i know we will shit out as usual but this sort of shit pisses me off.

Go and blert that shit out down the pub when the games on and get yourself knocked the fuck out you fucking idiot.

I can understand people who aren't English that don't want them to win the world cup.

I just don't understand people that are English and don't want them to.

I just don't understand people that are English and don't want them to.

Why do English people have to support them? Just because they were born in a bit of the country?

Its just a dot on a map, you dont have to support them because you were born there. Though personally my reasons for not supporting them are I just cant go from hating people like Wayne Rooney and John Terry to suddenly begging them to do well and supporting them. Others may have other reasons, political and what not but thats mine.

Add to that little stuff like pricks booing LFC players at games, booing national anthems, throwing chairs at rival supporters, the annoying media hype etc and its quite easy to hope they dont achieve anything.

For all the bitterness from supposed England haters theres also plenty from England lovers who just cant accept people dont support them so both sides are as bad as eachother.

Out of interest, do you cheer on Man Utd and co in Europe as they're English and it'd be better than a German team winning it?

I'm English and frankly it's anyone but Ingurland for me. It's bad enough having a three week mongfest until they go out, without the thought of that being extended throughout the rest of the summer.

And I'm not arsed about Liverpool players doing well in an Ingurland shirt. Our players have always been looked down on and undervalued by the retards who worship the national team, so as far as I'm concerned their performances don't mater.

Im not a big England fan and i know we will shit out as usual but this sort of shit pisses me off.

Go and blert that shit out down the pub when the games on and get yourself knocked the fuck out you fucking idiot.

Fuck off cunt, who the fuck are you calling me an idiot for saying what i think, my fuckin decision, you go down the pub with that condescending tone and you'll get knocked the fuck out you fucking idiot.

Edited by JMARKH

PS - party at my house on June 12 for England v USA. If you are in Indiana you are welcome to come! Place will probably be overrun with Americans, but me and the little'un will be flying the flag for England.

I recently got all the staff at the church to fill in a world cup chart and predict the winner and final score. I'm trying to get it going over here. A couple of them know the score (somewhat) but for those who have said, 'World Cup, what's that?' my stock answer has been, 'You'll like it. It's just like greased hog wrestling!'

I cannot, do not and will not support a team that includes, Terry, Lamplard, Ferdinand, Rooney, Neville, Peckham etc etc simply because they are wearing a white shirt.

I fucking HATE those cunts.

You simply cannot just switch it on and fucking off.

Those of you who can, seriously need to question your own loyalties.

PS - party at my house on June 12 for England v USA. If you are in Indiana you are welcome to come! Place will probably be overrun with Americans, but me and the little'un will be flying the flag for England.

I recently got all the staff at the church to fill in a world cup chart and predict the winner and final score. I'm trying to get it going over here. A couple of them know the score (somewhat) but for those who have said, 'World Cup, what's that?' my stock answer has been, 'You'll like it. It's just like greased hog wrestling!'

Who's doing the sermon's on Sunday? I think the matches are 9am, 11am or 1pm our time.

With no one to attend the flock debauchery could be set loose on the Heartland.

I fucking love England I do. It's the land of bacon butties with HP sauce, the home of Shakespeare, Dickens, and Fish and Chips with mushy fucking peas. It has a rich history and a diversity for a such a small place unrivalled throughout the world. The english language is the most versatile and constantly evolving language on the planet. Considering how relatively tiny we are, we have had club football teams that have dominated the world, we have had pop bands, artists, composers, scientists, inventors, poets and authors that have changed the way world thinks about these fields. We have fry-ups, pints of bitter, and steak and ale pies.

What we don't seem to have is national pride, because it's not cool. The english like to moan. They like to snipe at things as they think it makes them look superior. "Terry's a cunt and england fans like to paint their faces and sing engurland and stuff" So fucking what? I don't care where Terry sticks his dirty cock, any more than I care whether or not Pepe Reina is actually a decent chap in real life or not - he could be the biggest cunt on earth for all most of us know, and I couldn't give a fuck either way.

I want England to win, for whoever pulls on the shirt whilst they're on the pitch at least, represents all that is great about England as far as I'm concerned. The cynics can fuck off. Come on England.

Amen brother !

This is the attitude we need - YouTube - Tango advert Blackcurrant

I'm English and frankly it's anyone but Ingurland for me. It's bad enough having a three week mongfest until they go out, without the thought of that being extended throughout the rest of the summer.

And I'm not arsed about Liverpool players doing well in an Ingurland shirt. Our players have always been looked down on and undervalued by the retards who worship the national team, so as far as I'm concerned their performances don't mater.

Alan Mullery leads the line.....