You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

New left back

Cantrell20

Just put Agger there and let Johnson go forward as much as he wants on the other side.

Buy a quick centre back who's class in the air and we'd have 3 good defenders back in Carra, the speedy head the ball i'm sugesting and Agger, if the move breaks down and Johnson's forward.

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd take Capedvilla cos he's free, steady, experienced and Insua could learn from him.

We could then use what little money we have to go all out on another forward.

That is what I think as well, nobody stands out really, that would also let us see how Mavinga and Robinson progress as well.

Kolarov will be out of financial reach, antonio lopez and salcido are 29 and 31 respectively. Drenthe from madrid will be a bargain. We can easily sign quality lb in our financial shape. Thirteen million can be recouped selling deadwood from defence. Plessis and jay are further two or three. Zorba can generate two if we fancy kjaer. No reason to panic

Just put Agger there and let Johnson go forward as much as he wants on the other side.

Buy a quick centre back who's class in the air and we'd have 3 good defenders back in Carra, the speedy head the ball i'm sugesting and Agger, if the move breaks down and Johnson's forward.

I think the problem is that, keeping Agger fit as a centre half is tricky, keeping him fit as a left back, after ploughing up and down the wing all match will be even harder.

I think the problem is that, keeping Agger fit as a centre half is tricky, keeping him fit as a left back, after ploughing up and down the wing all match will be even harder.

Don't tell him to do loads of attacking.

Not many teams play with 2 attacking full backs anyway.

One steady and one who bombs forward is a good combination imo.

Don't tell him to do loads of attacking.

Not many teams play with 2 attacking full backs anyway.

One steady and one who bombs forward is a good combination imo.

Yeah, a good winger would probably negate that as well and in all fairness we would probably only need him against the top sides, Insua agains the shitter ones.

But would still think we could do with a Taylor or a Capdevila, they would cost nothing (I would offer Bolton the Greek in part ex) or next to nothing.

That's only true because that's where the crosses were coming in from as he, yet again, dived in and missed.

You dont concede from crosses, you concede because you are not able to defend them.

I guess you were one of those claiming Pennant was a great player going by your logic.

Would he be that cheap?

I can't imagine him costing more than £4m... of course, I couldn't imagine those transfer fees last summer.

I don't think Shakhtar would be gutted at losing him, and if he wanted to go, they'd likely not dig in and fight for him as they also have Vycheslav Shevchuk in the same position.

Guest PurpleNose
Why?

There will always be weak links in the box who`s not very good at defending them like Insua, Aurelio, Dossena, Skrtel, Johnson etc

Or Riise.

Code is right, you don't concede from crosses!

Unless there is a useless ginger prick waiting to head it into his own fucking goal in the last minute of a champions league semi final, which you have dominated from the first minute until this moment!

Riise can also play CB, LM and CM and for that versitality alone he would be extremely useful for us.

You, my friend, are a complete and utter loon! If Rafa suggested that in a press conference, he get hung, drawn, and quartered around here.

And can you please get rid of Pepe from your avatar. I have it on good authority that he doesn't like you, and doesn't want to be associated with you in any way.

Trond Erik Bertelsen.

Fuck me sideways, he is utter shite.

The only LB playing in Norway I`d even consider is Rindarøy, I would not be surprised to see him on his way to the PL in one of the coming 3 transfer windows.

Guest PurpleNose
Fuck me sideways, he is utter shite.

The only LB playing in Norway I`d even consider is Rindarøy, I would not be surprised to see him on his way to the PL in one of the coming 3 transfer windows.

I know.

Roy had trials in England in the January window.

You, my friend, are a complete and utter loon! If Rafa suggested that in a press conference, he get hung, drawn, and quartered around here.

And can you please get rid of Pepe from your avatar. I have it on good authority that he doesn't like you, and doesn't want to be associated with you in any way.

Not really, it would mean he had more of a football brain and vision than you.

He`s played CB to great effect for Roma, and as a box to box midfielder in a midfield 3 he would be a great option and its also a position he has been playing sucessfully in both for Monaco and Norway.

Guest Pistonbroke

Cristian Molinaro, Stuttgart ( on loan from Juventus ),some German columns had him down as the best defender for last season, just ahead of one Sami Hypia. He only played 17 games like. I believe Juventus want around 4 million Euros for him.

Eureka! I've got it, a brilliant insight. STOP THE CROSS COMING IN!

Why? As long as you defend them people could cross all day long without any effect, something we sadly witnessed when we had Jermaine Pennant in our team.