You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Europa thingy final tickets

Hermes

Can't see this anywhere else (although I admit I haven't looked far). I received this mail from the club for those interested in attending if our gatecrashing goes all the way.

Important Ticket Information for the potential Europa League Final

The Europa League Final will be played in Hamburg on May 12th. Should we progress to the Final, we have already been informed by Europe's governing body, UEFA, that we will only receive in the region of 12,000 tickets for the game in the Hamburg Arena. From our previous experiences in 2001, 2005 and 2007, we expect demand from our supporters to easily exceed the number of tickets the club are able to supply.

An initial analysis shows that qualifying criteria could potentially be set for any Season Ticket holder or Member/Fan Card holder who has already attended seven (7) or more games in the UEFA Champions League and Europa League this season (and who in addition, attends at least one of the semi-finals against Atletico Madrid) however we would need an indication of the demand for this level before the final criteria is set.

For Season Ticket holders or Member/Fan Card holders, who have already attended six (6) games in the UEFA Champions League and Europa League this season (and who in addition, attend at least one of the semi-finals against Atletico Madrid) it is anticipated that an independently regulated ballot will take place to determine the allocation of tickets.

To help us much more accurately gauge demand and enable us to plan accordingly, we need the following supporters who would like to purchase a ticket for the potential Europa League Final to register their interest by 5pm Wednesday 28th April 2010:

Season Ticket or Member/Fan Card holders with at least 6 (six) 09/10 European games (not including the semi final) on their Fancard.

Regardless of the number of games attended, only fans who have registered their interest will be eligible to purchase a ticket in the event that the Club reaches the Final.

Saw this the other day. Is it right that you need to register your interest before Wednesday to have any chance? Bit shit if that's the case because a lot of fans won't even think of the final until after next thursdays game. They'll wait and see if we make it then look on the website to see they've mised the chance.

Saw this the other day. Is it right that you need to register your interest before Wednesday to have any chance? Bit shit if that's the case because a lot of fans won't even think of the final until after next thursdays game. They'll wait and see if we make it then look on the website to see they've mised the chance.

I'm guessing if you've got all the home games and one or two aways, you'll get a ticket automatically.

If you've only got the home games, you'll go in the ballot. If they make you register so early in advance it reduces the numbers in the ballot. So best to register early just in case.

What a fucking mess this is going to be.

How will it be a mess? It’s seems pretty straight forward to me: Those that have been to all home games plus one away will get a ticket, while those that have been to just all home games will go into a ballot.

The only ‘mess’ will be caused by the infantile whiners blurting out the usual conspiracy theories about why they didn’t get a ticket.

I've been to every home game this season. The fact you have to register your interest is going to cause problems.

What is so difficult about filling in an online form and pressing the 'submit' button? The only possible area of contention I could imagine would be people unwilling to supply their passport numbers, but I don't think the security implications are that serious - and a beneficial side effect may be that it could make it more problematic for the touts that have stacks of eligible fancards to get their hands on tickets.

What if you don't know? I've just had to tell my mates that you need to register. They wouldn't have known otherwise. I wouldn't have known myself had I not read the thread.

OK, I see your point now.

It has been publicised on the official site, local press and via email to eligible candidates, so I'm not really sure what more can be done other than sending out apllication forms via the postal service to all eligible candidates.

I think this method will cut down on the number of poeple that would just 'chance their arm' if everything was set up on a plate for them ,and give those entered into the ballot a better chance of winning, although I do take your point about fans losing the oppotunity simply because they are out of the loop for whatever reason with regard to entry requirements

As ever with UEFA the allocation is an insult - for a stadium with a 50,000 plus capacity it should be 20,000.

Having said that there has been a general malaise and lack of interest shown by our supporters in Europe this year particularly with regard to away games - and that includes before we were relegated to the Europa League.

Only Debrecen in Budapest attracted a decent following and that was ironically a dead rubber with Fiorentina and Lyon both happy with a draw in the other game. Fiorentina away was a particularly poor effort but at 8 Euros a pint - understandable. Budapest £1 a pint Florence £7 a pint - do the maths.

As far as I'm aware there have been tickets available for all away games other then Lyon and Lille. A number of the home games have also been poorly attended. The relative merits of the Club and the Europa League have also been questioned with some believing we are too good for it and some thinking we shouldn't be in it at all.

The only people deserving of consideration are those with all six home games because if you've been prepared to jib games I don't see how you can complain if your not automatically entitled to a final ticket.

And whilst the arrangements as they stand are hardly ideal at least the Club is trying to address them now rather than leave it until after the second leg of the semi-final as there's only a thirteen day window before the final.

I agree with you that it cuts down on applicants. My worry is a lack of publicity. I personally think they should be writing to all fan card holders about this, or do a database search on those who are eligible and write to them.

Has something been in the Echo?

Yeah, it was in the echo last week; it wasn't as detailed as the info on the official site but it got the point across about the need to register via an online form or over the phone.

I've got 2 sezzies in my name, the second usually used by my lad. I've had to express an interest twice in my own name (cus the details have to match the fan card registrations) but put my lad's passport number on one as the ticket will only be issued to the passports registered.

I've been to all the games so should be sorted, my lad just the homes. Fingers crossed but a few tears would not be unexpected.

No need to panic as most on here hate watching us so spares all over Hamburg as they wont be going. I will happily take anyones ticket who has one but doesnt want to watch the fat spanish waiter ruin our good name before leaving and allowing St Jose to ride in and save this doomed team.

Just let me know your price

Cheers

What if you don't know? I've just had to tell my mates that you need to register. They wouldn't have known otherwise. I wouldn't have known myself had I not read the thread.

That was my problem with it as well. I wouldn't have given tickets for the final any thought until we actually got there. I only found out about it from a mate.