You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

You're The Manager

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Here we go..

Sell:

Degen (for anything... hope for £1m)

Babel £8m (If what Birmingham offered is believable)

Riera £7m

Yossi £9m

Aquilani £12m

El Zhar £1m

In:

Vasillas Torosidis - £6m (€7m)

Sami Khedira - £10m

Jovanovic - Free

Marko Marin - £12m

Danny Wilson - £7m

Jadson - Free

I'd like to set the team up like this...

.............Reina............

.Johnson.Carra.Agger.Torosidis

....Mascherano..Khedira....

.Maxi...Gerrard...Marin..

.............Torres.............

Bench: Cavalieri, Wilson, Jovanovic, Lucas, Kuyt, Kelly, Jadson

Jadson to directly replace Yossi. Jovanovic to play Left Wing/Striker when needed. Wilson with the idea of selling Skrtel. Torosidis as leftback. Khedira to replace Aquilani, as he can already play a bit defensively, and isn't a fucking sicknote... Bayern are going to snatch him up, so i'd like to beat them to the punch.

Edited by Unrighteous

Milner - That would be ace, he's great in centre mid and on either wing. A bit unrealistic though, how much do you think he would cost?

Fleck - Heard good things about him, but don't really know anything about him. What type of player is he? What kind of standard is he at currently, would he be back up, first team, or impact sub? What kind of price would it take to get him?

Raul - Not sure about him. He was obviously a fantastic player in his prime, and still a good goalscorer. But the problem is, how will he be used? I can't see us buying 2 strikers in the summer aswell as Jovo, so the one that we do bring in will have to be back-up to Torres, and play up-front on his own for a lot of his games. I think Raul would be a poor option to lead the line when Torres is out, but he would be great if we wanted to play him upfront with Torres.

Milner would be out of our price range, probably over 20m.

Hmm, to be honest, Fleck might be a little bit overpriced, but he has all the talent and is physical enough to handle first team play, I'd consider him a back-up player who could change things, a wildcard type. A bit like Ramsey at Arsenal. There are questions over his attitude though so might be one to be careful of.

Raul, I love Raul. He is still so sharp, and although he might not play on his own, Rafa has deployed Kuyt as a deep-lying forward more, Raul would be great in that position and would be the best of examples for Nemeth, N'Gog and Pacheco. Plus he would cover at least half of his wages on merch and image rights.

okay i need a budget of £30m+

£40m for Aguero & £25m for Silva is about right though

thought Aguero should be cheaper than David Villa though

I think that unless Aguero wants to leave the price will be very high, especially given Forlan is now over 30.

Silva will probably be around that, especially with Mata emerging so well during this season.

I think that unless Aguero wants to leave the price will be very high, especially given Forlan is now over 30.

Silva will probably be around that, especially with Mata emerging so well during this season.

Silva supposed to be off to RM.

£22mill but the club were after £30 mill.

Its kind off depressing because with current squad if we got given say 40m plus sales that would give us the funds of say 65m to buy 2 world class players which if gerrard and torres stay would give an excellent starting 11 that could possible challenge again. the club is at 'tipping point' at the moment if some one comes in gives us the funds we could be sorted,

okay i need a budget of £30m+

£40m for Aguero & £25m for Silva is about right though

thought Aguero should be cheaper than David Villa though

Thanks for contributing an original thought to the universe

Guest PurpleNose
So people are basically selling our entire youth academy and then saying "Well that should bring in about 25 million which we can spend on 2 or 3 stars."

Brilliant, you lot.

Not selling a single player in the academy.

Selling some of the hoards of shite 20/23 year olds who will never be anywhere near good enough.

Sell:

Degen £1m

Riera £7m

El Zhar £2.5m

Lucas £8m

Cavalieri: £2.5

Skrtel: £6m

Total: £27m

Id also consider selling Maxi (£4m) Benayoun (£9m) & Babel (£9m)

Total: £51m (plus £2m given by the board)

I'd give alot more youth the chance to step up, Nemeth would be up with a chance, I'd loan out a fair few aswell (N'Gog especially)

In:

Bale: £14m (can cover for left back, Id have him as left mid)

Wilson: £7m (cover left back and centre back)

Hazard £20m

Cole: Free (unrealistic as I see him staying at Chelsea, but would be a cracker)

Capdevelia: Free

Total: £41m, with £10m to spare for bargaining the transfer targets and a decent back up option for striker

...........Reina..........

Johnson Carr Agger Cap/Bale

.......Mash...Aqui........

Hazard.Gerrard.Bale/Cole

............Torres.........

My priorities would be paying off my credit cards and maybe then buying a vintage Fender Jazzmaster.

My mate is selling a 1962 Fender Jazzmaster in red.

It's one of the most beautiful things I've ever seen.

Yours for just 12 grand. Enquire within.

In an ideal world I'd get rid of Cavalieri (I'm going off the advice of everyone who says Gulasci is ready to be no. 2), Aurelio, Degen, Riera, Yossi and then Soto - but this would all be dependent on being able to sign replacements, and having 12 grand left over for Tom R's mate's Jazzmaster. Which I think is unlikely.

Sorry my imagination will not allow me to think within the parameters you set out. Not after today's news.

I can only imagine myself as the new Chairman and I have money to burn after getting the club at a reduced price due to the debt we are in, failure to qualify for Europe, and the stadium that was meant to have been built not being built. Fuck off Yankee scum, you are worse than your foreign policy, worse than the Yanks I have met and only two-three have been decent the others are not worth my piss when they are on fire. Just so you understand my anger you mislead us and never kept your promises. If you had the club would be worth so much more now and you would have my Love. Hang your heads low - lower than your distended balls.

So who would I buy and sell?

Ribery, Aguero, Robben to play behind Torres (Gerrard is going back to midfield baby).

Keita would be bought from Barca to provide a left sided alternative to Gerrard I just love symmetry.

To strengthen the back four I would bring in Chellini, Kjaer and Richards (power, pace, height and the ability to defend across the back four).

Others I would buy as I could afford it would be Bale from Spurs to provide attacking width and a different perspective to the left so I could play Johnson and him against the lesser park the bus teams. Higuain would also be bought as he has the same attributes as Torres if not the same output in terms of goals or performances. Wiltshire would also be bought as Keita is 30+ and would need replacing (of course if he could not play box to box providing the rough house tackling and strength required in this position he would be sold on but he would have a couple of seasons to build up).

Jovanovic is a very important part of the plan as he would be perfect in a 4-3-3 formation with Maxi or Kuyt on the other wing.

The sales well there would be eleven or twelve depending on Rafa's confidence in either Gulacsi or Bouzanis.

Cavalieri gone if either of the two above can step and take his place,

Itjande,

Skrtel;

Insua,

Aurelio,

Degen,

Plessis,

Babel,

Reira,

Benayoun,

El Zhar,

Spearing,

Darby.

The money raised (about 40m) would be banked so we could replace Gerrard when he eventually retires. He is going to be difficult to replace as is Carra but Kjaer could be ready made plus we have Skrtel, Kelly, Ayala and San Jose waiting and improving. Some could be sold at a later date as and when possible due to a lack of talent.

GK: Reina, Gulacsi, Bouzanis;

LB: Chellini, Bale;

RB: Richards, Johnson, (Kelly);

CB: Carra, Agger, Kjaer, Soto, (Kelly);

CM: Gerrard, Keita, Mascherano, Insua, Wiltshire;

LW: Robben, Jovanovic, (Maxi);

RW: Ribery, Maxi, (Kuyt);

SS: Aguero, Aquilani, Pachecho;

CF: Torres, Higuain, N'gog, (Kuyt).

28 man squad ready to destroy all that get in our way.

With the backing of our new arab overlords, I am buying Real Madrid and Barca, dissolving the clubs, selling all the shit players and building the following team:

.............Reina

Alves Puyol Pepe Marcelo

.....Mascherano Xavi

..Gerrard Iniesta Messi

.............Torres

Bench: Casillas, Carra, Marquez, Toure, Kaka, Ronaldo, Higuain.

we'd still fail because you don't have Alonso, he's the ultimate playmaker and we're doomed to failure without him. I thought you'd have picked up on that by now. :P

however, bonus points for having Reina ahead of Casillas. I'd keep Valdes too, good prospect...