You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Next Liverpool Manager

StevieH

Hodgson, Pellegrini, Deschamps & Rijkaard for the next LFC Manager?  

212 members have voted

1. 1. Hodgson, Pellegrini, Deschamps & Rijkaard for the next LFC Manager?

I dont know if Roy would do a good job or not as im not a fortune teller.

But I find the media driven desire to have him take the job as alarming.

Basically because large swathes of the media fucking hate us and would love us to crash and burn.

But anyway, he could work miracles for us. Then again he might not. Fun times ahead.

In the know as in knows fuck all

Don’t get me wrong from what Iv'e read have respect for the lad, one of those who went to see Moores wasn’t he, also heard him on Alan Jackson (think), but the cunt gave him no air time whatsoever (maybe wrong but not when I was listening), just couldn’t understand his take on this subject.

Atk and juan g are clearly suggesting that Hodgson is the new manger. Either they love notw articles, they are bascombe or they get off on pretending to be in the know. So which is it?

The most insulting part of bascombes article is the part where he says that Kenny and Purslow were unimpressed by pellegrini. Doubt that very much.

Also how does he know which players are for sale? A new manager needs to look at the squad himself before making these kinds of decisions. Rafa did it with Murphy after one pre season game.

Looking at the article it seems it's either com

pletely made up or information is being fed to bascombe by someone at the club. Atk reckons he knows who it is. Good for him.

Whether hodgson gets the job or not it's propaganda. Unless there is a takeover due soon , Hodgson or even pelle are Not getting that amount to spend. The mancs can't even spend that when they are handed it in cash.

Depends if Rafa agrees with his valuation of Mascherano 12 months ago.

...If Rafa gives us the valuation he put on Mascherano 12 months ago then yes with other sales we can reach that amount.

Forgive me atk, but weren't you one of those who claimed "Rafa's gone; let's move on"? Now you appear to be dragging the Inter Milan coach back into the equation and even dropping some blame at his door for our next manager's likely lack of transfer funds. Wow. Complicit much?

When people question your support of Bascombe's latest piece your reply is repeatedly "read the article" and nothing more. Mate, to borrow a phrase: you're about as connected as a kibbutz.

I'd accuse you of being a devious twat, but you're clearly just a bit simple and more than a little deluded.

Regards,

chauncey from the internets

Not ‘in the know’ like you mate and don’t know your reasoning, can you give us a few pointers - how are we better off with Hodgson.

He has issues with people who aren't from around here. You're trying to get logic from someone who thought Reina was shit and Paul Jewell would be a good manager for us.

He'll never be truly happy until we have a team full of Dave's, Clive's and Johns.

Guest the boy

ATK was also running amok last summer claiming Tevez to be a done deal, which was at the time a stick to beat Benitez with, as Tevez doesn't score enough goals: market stalls being the new taxi ranks and that. Still, he is part of the Bascombe cabal, so may well be true. As far as I'm concerned, Hodgson over Pellegrini is lunacy.

And that's fair comment mate, just that personally I would put him a long way above Hodgson purely on the style of his football. I really enjoyed watching his Villareal team play, compared to ... I dunno ... Fulham? See that Villareal team probably didn't cost any more than Fulham really, but there they were coming third in the league and then playing in a Champions League semi final. So while, yes, neither have won anything, Pellegrini has done better than Hodgson for me, and also produces more stylish teams. It's not quite a no brainer of course, but it's much more the type of manager I would personally like to see here.

But I think it's easier to play football in spain. Being organised is a minimum requirement in this country and that's what hodgson has gone with fulham. I don't know if they'll get better (I suspect not), but I don't think any one would have much hope of creating a pass and move team with a small club in the premier league.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
spill the beans on what? Concrete? Hodgson is our new manager. FACT

You know that, in the event that that doesn't come off, you're going to look utterly ridiculous and people are going to throw it back in your face every single time you say anything in the future.

But I think it's easier to play football in spain. Being organised is a minimum requirement in this country and that's what hodgson has gone with fulham. I don't know if they'll get better (I suspect not), but I don't think any one would have much hope of creating a pass and move team with a small club in the premier league.

But isn't the biggest criticism of our last two managers that they only ever managed to do organised on a larger scale? Neither were able or wanted to take the step to creating a team which took the risks to go out and win enough games against the organised smaller clubs to make enough points to win the league.

Pellegrini can do organised; his Villarreal was organised against Barca for instance and he got results more often than not against them. But most of the time it was playing the stylish pass and move football we crave. And more successfully, in comparison to a similar sized club in Fulham.

If we appoint Hodgson, we are appointing a poor man's Houllier or Benitez for me, whereas if we appoint Pellegrini we are giving ourselves a chance to be more. And if you put their lack of trophies at smaller clubs aside, that's the big difference which makes people want Manuel instead of Roy.

Edited by zigackly

Yes, it's funny to see Rafa with his pants down re his Masch evaluation, but in the real world we're not going to keep a deeply unhappy player here and haggle for a vastly ludicrous sum.

30m at the very most.

And as previously stated, it's okay saying get another 30m for the deadwood, but quite another thing getting it.

Then it's actually prising every single cent of it out of the owners. Fat fucking chance of that too.

80m spent on players this summer? Not even if Torres or Gerrard left.

Yes, it's funny to see Rafa with his pants down re his Masch evaluation, but in the real world we're not going to keep a deeply unhappy player here and haggle for a vastly ludicrous sum.

In what way?

While here he wanted to keep Masch, made a comment about 50 million not being enough and kept him. Now he's gone and Masch will follow for far less.

Rafa got his way, twice.

From the People

Kenny Dalglish will consider his Liverpool future if the club make a move for Roy Hodgson.

That's fucking shocking!!! Just give him the job.

Although, that can't be true, kenny is the person looking for a new manager, why choice somebody then quit because you don't like then.

Annoyed me at first but now I think it's more media bullshit.

You know that, in the event that that doesn't come off, you're going to look utterly ridiculous and people are going to throw it back in your face every single time you say anything in the future.

They'll just say "Oh well, he WAS going to be the manager, it was a done deal until X happened..."

That's fucking shocking!!! Just give him the job.

Although, that can't be true, kenny is the person looking for a new manager, why choice somebody then quit because you don't like then.

Annoyed me at first but now I think it's more media bullshit.

maybe because Kenny is part of the recruitment team in name only to pacify the fans??