You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Daniel Agger

Antynwa

Brilliant. Somehow yet again FSG and Comolli are skinned alive while Kenny, the man you say identified the players in the first place gets off clean as a whistle. Then when they get rid of the two people who they were badly advised to get they are still doing wrong.

Damned if they do ...

FSG appoint Comolli who negotiated the fees & contracts on the advice of Billy Beane who knows nothing about football.

Before you were crying that it wasn't their fault they were badly advised well it fucking well was.

And forgive me for for giving Dalglish a bit more fucking leeway than FSG, you know with him doing more for this club than FSG could ever fucking dream of like.

Each poor performance is followed by questions about his role, but the definition of Comolli ’s position is clear. When Dalglish identifies a player he wants to sign, Comolli starts the negotiations to complete the deal. That is how it worked last summer. If player contracts need extending, Comolli takes care of this. He has basically absorbed many responsibilities once associated with the chief executive.

There is now a distinction between the corporate and sporting aspects of how Liverpool are run, so you will not find anyone trying to agree a fee for a player one minute while trying to organise the ticket office the next.

Comolli is also entrusted with finding talent and bringing it to Dalglish’s attention.

There is a difference between a recommendation and a demand he sign someone. As yet, there is no player recruited under the new regime who the manager did not want. That will remain the case.

This from Bascombe (ugh)

comolli fucked up on the fees defo, undeniable, but if they thought that was even anywhere near enough in terms of what needs to be done they must of been dreaming

It was a total systems failure.

Comolli wasn't up to it- Wenger was scathing about him.

FSG failed to appoint a football savvy CEO.

Kenny had no scouting network, no live contacts, no recent experience, no knowledege of what to pay in wages and fees.The polar opposite of when he was last here.

Ayre had no experience of how to manage a flawed system, or even comprehend why it was flawed and had neither the credibility or nous to say no.

It was a total systems failure.

Comolli wasn't up to it- Wenger was scathing about him.

FSG failed to appoint a football savvy CEO.

Kenny had no scouting network, no live contacts, no recent experience, no knowledege of what to pay in wages and fees.The polar opposite of when he was last here.

Ayre had no experience of how to manage a flawed system, or even comprehend why it was flawed and had neither the credibility or nous to say no.

When you read it like that it looks like the money men were let down by the consultants.

Wrong.

He was finally replaced with a manager who brought us our first trophy in 6 years.

Finally Drone72 bit. Unfortunately he keeps proving he's an idiot.

You missed my point, Drone.

Spectacularly.

I know you wanted Benítez gone, and you got what you wished for.

Enjoy it.

Could it be its Agger angling for a move?

I don't think he is.

I just have a funny feeling its nothing more than opportunism on City's part.

They've bid, we probably don't want to sell nor have to...but we may well be operating under a moneyball style way of thinking. i.e. Sell if the price is right and buy 2/3 other players with the money.

Agger may well want to, I don't think he does though. But if a bid's accepted and we tell him we're happy to let him go I'd say hes the type of guy to say "Fuck it then I'm off".

I must be missing something but didnt The King win us a trophy? didnt he take us to a cleared goal off the line from possibly winning the F.a Cup?

granted we were shit in the league but the lack of respect is staggering at times

Or perspective - cuz it was the same players on the field right?

:wow:

I don't think he is.

I just have a funny feeling its nothing more than opportunism on City's part.

They've bid, we probably don't want to sell nor have to...but we may well be operating under a moneyball style way of thinking. i.e. Sell if the price is right and buy 2/3 other players with the money.

Agger may well want to, I don't think he does though. But if a bid's accepted and we tell him we're happy to let him go I'd say hes the type of guy to say "Fuck it then I'm off".

Bit unfair on the lad? I seem to remember him stating that he's wanted to stay here numerous times after being linked with big moves elsewhere.

Agger wants a new contract, if we give him it he'll stay.

We might not want to give him it as he's injured a lot, so if someone offers us shed loads of money we'll probably sell.

I'd give it a year I think as we don't have to give him a new contract now, and we'd be at a disadvantage trying to get a new player in quickly.

Agger wants a new contract, if we give him it he'll stay.

We might not want to give him it as he's injured a lot, so if someone offers us shed loads of money we'll probably sell.

I'd give it a year I think as we don't have to give him a new contract now, and we'd be at a disadvantage trying to get a new player in quickly.

Apparently we have been trying to give him a new contract.

That was a contract being mentioned a few months back and for whatever reason it never got signed.

I wonder how much he is on here,because you know City will be offering around a 100k a week to him.

That will be minimum amount as well.

That was their own fault.

If they want to take advice off someone who knows nothing about football to appoint Comolli, then sit back and watch it turn to shit, they've got no one to blame but themselves.

Commoli was recommended by Billy Beane. Not a football expert, granted; but someone whose judgement they trusted. So theoretically they acted properly, but with hindsight the wrong candidate was put forward.

Apparently we have been trying to give him a new contract.

That was a contract being mentioned a few months back and for whatever reason it never got signed.

I wonder how much he is on here,because you know City will be offering around a 100k a week to him.

That will be minimum amount as well.

Well, I mean Agger wants an improved contract then.

Commoli was recommended by Billy Beane. Not a football expert, granted; but someone whose judgement they trusted. So theoretically they acted properly, but with hindsight the wrong candidate was put forward.

....and when it became clear he wasn't up to it they acted quickly and decisively.

Niko Saric has just put on Twitter in Danish Agger 'The leader does not want me, they are trying to sell me'

I would be very surprised if Rodgers did not want Agger as a footballer.

I would not be at all surprised if Rodgers had been told that he had to sell to buy - and Agger represented one of our most saleable assets.

I would be very surprised if Rodgers did not want Agger as a footballer.

I would not be at all surprised if Rodgers had been told that he had to sell to buy - and Agger represented one of our most saleable assets.

Selling Agger would be a HUGE mistake IMO. Rodgers says he wants to play barcelona type football. You don't do that by selling one of the few players in our squad that can actually do it.

Finally my hero bit.

Dont flatter yourself.

Do you seriously think you are smart enough to make me bite on anything you post?

Seeing as you dont really go to the games I can understand why you dont appreciate finals and actually winning finals.