You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I said Laudrup because he did a great job at Getafe and Brondby and I also think his name and presence would appease a lot of the Spanish lads because he's a legend of European Football.

I also liked the way both teams played the game and as a sheer minimum I want good football if we cant win anything with dour football if you get me

Bilic I said because I think he's a good international manager and I think he talks a good game. I also think he'd a be hands on and a hand round the shoulder manager as well as being able to get the best. You can be both.

Mourinho is top of my list though.

I said Laudrup because he did a great job at Getafe and Brondby and I also think his name and presence would appease a lot of the Spanish lads because he's a legend of European Football.

I also liked the way both teams played the game and as a sheer minimum I want good football if we cant win anything with dour football if you get me

Bilic I said because I think he's a good international manager and I think he talks a good game. I also think he'd a be hands on and a hand round the shoulder manager as well as being able to get the best. You can be both.

Mourinho is top of my list though.

Lets try and put a stop to this Laudrup nonsense.

A great job at Brøndby, the team who were current champions when he took charge.

He worked at Getafe for one year and Bernd Schuster had already laid the foundations, the year in charge they won 12 out of 38 games in the league and scored the massive 44 goals.

Under Schuster Getafe finished 9th in the league two seasons in a row, when Laudrup took charge they fell down to 15th.

Aftere one year at getafe he moved to Moscow, he got sacked after 9 months after having secured just 4 league wins in that time.

Laudrup sounds like a great candidate.

Bilic finished ahead of the worst England manager in ages in the qualifiers for Euro 2008, thats about it.

Whats your view on Klinsmann by the way, he`s much more qualified than both I would say?

Mourinho would like to come here and I actually think he will, but I have my reservations about him as well, mostly down to the midfielders he have bought and used at Inter.

Muntari ffs.

Lets try and put a stop to this Laudrup nonsense.

A great job at Brøndby, the team who were current champions when he took charge.

He worked at Getafe for one year and Bernd Schuster had already laid the foundations, the year in charge they won 12 out of 38 games in the league and scored the massive 44 goals.

Under Schuster Getafe finished 9th in the league two seasons in a row, when Laudrup took charge they fell down to 15th.

Aftere one year at getafe he moved to Moscow, he got sacked after 9 months after having secured just 4 league wins in that time.

Laudrup sounds like a great candidate.

Bilic finished ahead of the worst England manager in ages in the qualifiers for Euro 2008, thats about it.

Whats your view on Klinsmann by the way, he`s much more qualified than both I would say?

Mourinho would like to come here and I actually think he will, but I have my reservations about him as well, mostly down to the midfielders he have bought and used at Inter.

Muntari ffs.

Code I stopped listening to you a long time ago mate.

Code I stopped listening to you a long time ago mate.

I just dont get why Laudrup is such a popular choice seeing as he has nothing to show for as a manager other than mostly failure.

He looks slick, is married to a Norwegian woman and was an ace player, but thats about it.

Some people on here are alright for shooting down other peoples suggestions but they come out with some whoppers themselves.

I would like Bilic here. Purely for the fact that he told the bitters that he was injured and then fucked off to play for Croatia.

I just dont get why Laudrup is such a popular choice seeing as he has nothing to show for as a manager other than mostly failure.

He looks slick, is married to a Norwegian woman and was an ace player, but thats about it.

Sounds like he's done something right to me. In life at least.

Code, for your sake, I hope the next manager is someone you rate. 4 more years of angst ridden supporter-ship may break your spirit for good.

Not particulary. But the Jamie Redknapp one was laughable.

Out of interest, why would he be laughable? He wouldn't be the 1st person I'd think of, but then look at Barcelona's last 2 managers, they've hardly been known for their club management history, but have done just fine. Leonardo doesn't seem to be doing too bad at Milan either after being a total whopper in the last world cup on the bbc. I don't believe all this shite you have to have managed at stockport county to prove you can manage at real madrid. even people who have faltered at smaller clubs, doesn't mean they would struggle at liverpool, managing at a lower club is totally different to managing multi-millionaire prima donna's.

Not particulary. But the Jamie Redknapp one was laughable.

It was not really serious though.

But if the criteria was former player with no experience I think Redknapp would be an interesting choice, its a very narrow criteria though.

Wenger was a failure before Arsenal, with no connections to the club!

No, he wasn't

Getafe I can just about let go, but I can't see how you could watch Brondy and not be a virgin or a retard or a retarded virgin. Or Danish. Or Dutch.

I want a British manager next. Any one of the following would be good enough for me, Harry Redknapp; John Toshack; Owen Coyle; Martin O'Neil or Roy Hodgson.

Obviously age would exclude a few of the above from being part of a great long term vision but we could get a good few years of stability of experience out of them. Anyway, there is no great long term vision at the moment...