You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Capello - we`ll see what happens after the WC.

Redknapp - former club captain, football traditions througout his family, central midfielder who knows how to read the game, dont know about the badges, think he has something going on at Chelsea.

Hitzfeld - one of the 3 best managers in Europe? Won the CL with two different clubs, several league titles with different clubs, coach of Switzerland, availible after the World Cup?

Magath - won Bundesliga with Bayern and Wolfsburg, this season he has his chance with Schalke 04.

Idiot

Idiot

Hmm

Good shout

Not aimed at just you WaltonRed, but why Bilic or Laudrup.

Neither have done anything to suggest they have what it takes, for me they have proved more the other way to be honest.

Whats Bilic done apart from knocking MCLarens England out of the Euros.

Is it because he failed to progress any further than from the group stage or becauase he failed to qualify for the coming World Cup

Laudrup is an even stranger one.

Not aimed at just you WaltonRed, but why Bilic or Laudrup.

Neither have done anything to suggest they have what it takes, for me they have proved more the other way to be honest.

Whats Bilic done apart from knocking MCLarens England out of the Euros.

Is it because he failed to progress any further than from the group stage or becuase he failed to qualify for the coming World Cup?

Laudrup is an even stranger one.

Redknapp!

Looks like they've still lost a lot less games than us... for that reason alone, I'm game.

Rijkaard's teams play good, attacking football. We have the players to be far more progressive and adventurous in our style of play and I think this would make a massive difference to results if we released the shackles and went at teams more.

Rijkaard inherited a group of players at Barcelona that had underachived for a number of years and brought success to the Nou Camp.

Fact is, since 2005, of all the managers still in the league, Rafa is the second best manager in terms of achievement behind Fergie

Other big names that have come and gone like Scolari, Hiddink, Sven etc didn't achieve anything. Neither will Mancini. Maybe Ancellotti will stop fergie's 19th. Maybe not.

Wenger definitely won't win the league while Fergie is around, and City and Chelsea have more money.

Mourinho ends up being hated by his team's own fans. Look at Chelsea. Look at Inter. They hate him there now. We will hate him here too if he doesn't win us the league on the first try

Hiddink did show good football when he was with Chelsea. But there is no guarantee he would have won the league with Chelsea even if he was there from the start of the season.

Besides, I have my doubts about managers who "need permission" from Abramovich to join us as manager.

I believe there are journeymen managers, and builder managers. Mourinho and Hiddink are journeyman. They don't build teams for the long term.

Fergie, Rafa, Wenger are builders. You can see this clearly in the direction they take in their youth etc.

Personally I would prefer to see the completion of Rafa's project rather than change tracks halfway just because of a bad season.

Realistically, we are far behind in terms of our stadium and finances. So while I do want us to win the league, it might be beyond us right now.

We just have to stay competitive, be in the Champions league, until our stadium is done.

Rafa has gone 3 transfer seasons having to make a net profit on transfers. This realistically means 3 transfer seasons of weakening our team while still expected to win trophies.

And this in a league where you have to spend big bucks just to stay where you are. Its no wonder City and Spurs are pushing us close

Maybe by the time Fergie retires we will be ready to pounce if our stadium and finances are able to support building a winning team

At least Jamie Redknapp has not proved to be a failure, so he would actually be higher in my list, somewhere around 20.

There is a logic there I will give you that much!

Why stop at Redknapp though, why not suggest Dame Edna Everage or Thora Hird, they're not failures either.

Admit it, it's the type of thing people who wear Dressing Gown's during the day would say.

Are you eating cold beans at the moment, straight from the tin. with a swiss army knife?

Fact is, since 2005, of all the managers still in the league, Rafa is the second best manager in terms of achievement behind Fergie

so.... 3rd overall - and if Mourinho stil here he would be 4th... last out of the 'top 4' teams

g-e-n-i-u-s

also Wenger is in 2nd spot by some margin over Mourinho and likewise Mourinho over Rafa

granted you can't take Istanbul away from Benitez but that was 5 (count them) years ago now!

Other big names that have come and gone like Scolari, Hiddink, Sven etc didn't achieve anything. Neither will Mancini. Maybe Ancellotti will stop fergie's 19th. Maybe not.

Wenger definitely won't win the league while Fergie is around, and City and Chelsea have more money.

Mourinho ends up being hated by his team's own fans. Look at Chelsea. Look at Inter. They hate him there now. We will hate him here too if he doesn't win us the league on the first try

Hiddink did show good football when he was with Chelsea. But there is no guarantee he would have won the league with Chelsea even if he was there from the start of the season.

Besides, I have my doubts about managers who "need permission" from Abramovich to join us as manager.

I believe there are journeymen managers, and builder managers. Mourinho and Hiddink are journeyman. They don't build teams for the long term.

Fergie, Rafa, Wenger are builders. You can see this clearly in the direction they take in their youth etc.

Personally I would prefer to see the completion of Rafa's project rather than change tracks halfway just because of a bad season.

Realistically, we are far behind in terms of our stadium and finances. So while I do want us to win the league, it might be beyond us right now.

We just have to stay competitive, be in the Champions league, until our stadium is done.

Rafa has gone 3 transfer seasons having to make a net profit on transfers. This realistically means 3 transfer seasons of weakening our team while still expected to win trophies.

And this in a league where you have to spend big bucks just to stay where you are. Its no wonder City and Spurs are pushing us close

Maybe by the time Fergie retires we will be ready to pounce if our stadium and finances are able to support building a winning team

I would agree that Wenger and Ferguson build teams, but Rafa operates a revolving door policy with a high turnover of players and backroom staff.

How many players are still here from the Champions League squad of 2007 or Rafa's original backroom staff that he brought in?

There is a logic there I will give you that much!

Why stop at Redknapp though, why not suggest Dame Edna Everage or Thora Hird, they're not failures either.

Admit it, it's the type of thing people who wear Dressing Gown's during the day would say.

Are you eating cold beans at the moment, straight from the tin. with a swiss army knife?

Redknapp has connections to the club.

The two names suggested are just mangerial failures without connections to the club, so let me ask again, why should we consider either.

I would agree that Wenger and Ferguson build teams, but Rafa operates a revolving door policy with a high turnover of players and backroom staff.

How many players are still here from the Champions League squad of 2007 or Rafa's original backroom staff that he brought in?

i agree

Rafa is not a builder he is always looking for a quick upgrade from someone slightly shit to someone not quite so shit

the only real 'successes' in midfield and attack (Torres & Mascherano) have been no brainers - except Alonso i guess - but then Rafa hounded him out iof the club so he doesn't really count cos he's no longer here

however he has now even managed to fuck up his choices for £20m players - for every £20m success there is now a £20m flop

Masch = £18m = same as Aquilani

Torres = £20m = same as Keane

Redknapp has connections to the club.

The two names suggested are just mangerial failures without connections to the club, so let me ask again, why should we consider either.

Bill Shankly was a failure before us, with no connections to the club!

Wenger was a failure before Arsenal, with no connections to the club!

Rafa was a failure before Valencia, with no connections to the club!

It doesn't matter what they have done in the past, it matters where they finish. The drunken gobshite from Scab Central was a failure before Derby and Forrest.

Utter rubbish, I remember Chelsea fans being pissed off when he left. As for Rafa well more people would be prepared to write this off as a bad season if he wasn't such a shithouse with his tactics, he is his own worst enemy.

Rijkaard's teams play good, attacking football. We have the players to be far more progressive and adventurous in our style of play and I think this would make a massive difference to results if we released the shackles and went at teams more.

Rijkaard inherited a group of players at Barcelona that had underachived for a number of years and brought success to the Nou Camp.

The success at Barcelona was while Henk Ten Cate was there. When he left they fell apart. If you go after one without the other you may not be getting what you think you are.

The success at Barcelona was while Henk Ten Cate was there. When he left they fell apart. If you go after one without the other you may not be getting what you think you are.

A good manager always surrounds himself with a strong, backroom staff.

There are far too many yes man and weak characters surrounding Rafa.