You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Even if we finish in 4th place, do you still think Rafa should quit?

WhiskeyJar

Even if we do finish 4th place, should Rafa still quit?  

70 members have voted

1. 1. Even if we do finish 4th place, should Rafa still quit?

• Yes.
    • No.
    • Maybe/Dont know/We will see.

Rafa stating that he aint going to Juventus, which brought about some conflicting debates in the "http://www.liverpoolway.co.uk/forum/ff-football-forum/88340-rafa-statement.html thread.

So by the looks of it he seems intent on staying.

If does get us back into the Champions League would that be enough for you to give him another crack at it or is his time up?

Personally, i think he has a plan and thatr for me is enough to give him one more season. He is buidling something here and inspite of what happened this season, we are still a great club.

If by next January we are still fighting for 4th, out of the Champions League and the title race then I would like him to go.

Edited by WhiskeyJar

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes he should quit even if we finish 3rd. He's done nothing in the Premiership. Finished second last season inspite of him. We were already out the race by Feb. All well and good getting results when the pressure is off

He doesn't know the Liverpool way, thinks he's bigger than the club and should go

I think the question is irrelevant.

Why you say that?

My point is that he is building for the future and having two twats hindring his progress aint helping either.

He has a plan and I am willing to give him some time. But if we have a repeat of what happened this season then its unforgivable.

In the end I have some hope that he will come through this.

I can't make up my mind with regards to Rafa. A big part of me thinks that the implosion this season is unforgiveable and his continuining mind blowingly stupid team selections and substitutions (or lack of) does my head in.

I still hope he can get it right though, and I would like nothing more than for him to go on and be a hugely succesful manager for us in the coming years. We would probably need to get investment in for that to happen, and there is no way of feeling certain that he wouldn't squander the money on useless players.

In short: I don't know at the moment.

Why you say that?

My point is that he is building for the future and having two twats hindring his progress aint helping either.

He has a plan and I am willing to give him some time. But if we have a repeat of what happened this season then its unforgivable.

Maybe I'm being a bit fatalistic, but I don't believe that what you and I want makes any difference to the club. If he finishes fourth he won't be sacked because it's too expensive. Possibly even if he doesn't.

Why you say that?

Two twats who bought him Masch, Torres, Aquilani and secured the spine of his team on long term deals

They also bought Dossena, Johnson and quite a few others. He's been backed

He has no plan and has no clue.

Two twats who bought him Masch, Torres, Aquilani and secured the spine of his team on long term deals

They also bought Dossena, Johnson and quite a few others. He's been backed

He has no plan and has no clue.

I can see why you have shit loads of negative rep.

He has bought in young stars and is developing them quite nicely. Granted he could be using them more in the first team, but he has got a long term plan.

To say that he doesnt know what he is doing is foolish.

I don't believe he has a coherent long term plan, at least not one in any more detail than the generic plan any manager would have. That's not all his fault btw. I think he has a series of short term strategies, and I think it's probably about the 6th he's had since he got here.

I think the situation should be reviewed at the end of the season, if he's still here.

He has bought in young stars and is developing them quite nicely. Granted he could be using them more in the first team, but he has got a long term plan.

Hasn't he just sold a young star to Fulham for next to nothing? Wouldn't surprise me if it comes back to haunt us.

Houllier stumbled into 4th in 2003/04. Did anyone still want him to stay? If so they should have been sectioned along with Ged!!!

I felt rather emotional when Houlier and Thomo left. It felt strange seeing a manager get the boot. Both of them cared for the club. Houlier did a lot of good things for us. Agreed we needed the change then. I don't think we need to change again.

I don't believe he has a coherent long term plan, at least not one in any more detail than the generic plan any manager would have. That's not all his fault btw. I think he has a series of short term strategies, and I think it's probably about the 6th he's had since he got here.

I think the situation should be reviewed at the end of the season, if he's still here.

Which is why I stated that finishing fourth might prove to be the catalyst wherever he goes or stays as that has much more of an impact on the financial side of the club.

End of the season review based on final standings is unfair, considering we finished second last term.

The overall picture must be accounted for.

P.S: We could even win/lose the Europa Cup which in turn might also have an impact...

Which hot young stars who are developing nicely would these be then?

I must have missed something.

Are you referring to N'Gog, the only young, un-established talent that rafa has ever signed that has showed any real chance of ever making any impact on the team, and yet still isn't very good?

Is that who you mean? Because there is nobody else.

I felt rather emotional when Houlier and Thomo left. It felt strange seeing a manager get the boot. Both of them cared for the club. Houlier did a lot of good things for us. Agreed we needed the change then. I don't think we need to chagne again.

He did but towards the end he just lost it and made excuse after excuse, he was worse than Rafa for excuses!

Guest Numero Veinticinco
is finishing 4th after 6 years in charge good enough for Liverpool Football Club?

No brainer.

You propagandist, Tom ;)

Personally if it was up to me I would look for a replacement. I think he's come to the end of the road with us and doesn't have a clear vision any more of what he wants or how to achieve it.

However it's not possible to have this debate without it being clouded by the financial picture. There's already someone up there saying we can't talk about it because there are bigger problems at our club.

It's true that there are bigger problems at the club, but I don't see the yanks replacing themselves because they are performing badly.

If it's any help to you Bogman, I would have them out first if I could.

If I were him I'd leave now. The resources and expectations are only going to keep moving in opposite directions and I'd let some other mug try and win the title from fifth on the grid.

The press and fan stuff is a small price to pay for the opportunity to build a club from the ground up. It's the kind of opportunity that is career defining and rarely comes along more than once. He's not going to give that up because a few hacks and fans have yet to grasp the concept of context.