You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rafa likely to resign on Monday?

The-Sir

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lets not forget some of our own fans came out giving him shit over that despite it being the truth and him being the only one with the bottle to say it.

Very true.

Maybe if the clubs own fans had backed him back then maybe the media (and more importantly the FA) may have sat up, taken notice ,and treat Taggart like any other manager.

Doen't help that we went out and played in a dull defensive home game against shite a day or so later whilst Ferguson won the league.

Had we won the league it would be remembered differently.

Not only was he pointing out what everyone knew but didn't have the balls to admit to but he was also attempting to defelct pressure off the team as they gunned for the title onto himself. Quite brave really. Only problem was the players not only recognised this but also took their foot off the gas and let the title slip through their fingers.

More a case of Rafa underestimating the mental strength of his squad or the squad overestimating their own ability?

Answers on a postcard please!

Guest ShoePiss

Lost it, lost the plot, lost his marbles.

Why are these things said when any Premier League manager is having a shitty run of results?

I think it's strange that their mental state is always brought into question rather it simply being mistakes by the manager, poor performances by the players, injuries to key players and a little bad luck thrown in.

Lost it, lost the plot, lost his marbles.

Why are these things said when any Premier League manager is having a shitty run of results?

I think it's strange that their mental state is always brought into question rather it simply being mistakes by the manager, poor performances by the players, injuries to key players and a little bad luck thrown in.

Better put than me but exactly what I was getting at.

Benitez, reading from a sheet of paper, said: "We are not playing well and everyone here feels sorry for our fans."

And the BBC put this up as an apology to the fans!!

No it fucking isn't, it's pity for the fans who have to put up with the shit they are turning out week in week out at the moment. Apology my fucking arse.

Why can't he answer a question either. He didn't even try and look to the future just the stoke game, jesus christ is that how bad it's got we aren't even getting "our season starts here" quote anymore.

I just don't see where the improvment he talks about is coming from.

he should be sacked.

that press conference was a piss take.

he's clearly lost it

Come on Mick it wasn't a piss take.

just take a step back for moment, he tried to lighten the mood, and let's be honest it needs to be lighter.

Also My mate Ray has still thinking it is the non existent person who is going to invest so I would say it is all pr spin from within the club.

If Hicks sells his Baseball club he will pocket the readies as George did before him

niether give a toss about the football club they just want to own the New Stadium as that is where all the revenue will be

They could get a third party to take over the football club allowing them to build the stadium they would have the money to start the build with there own cash and as soon as ther is something to borrow against they wont have a problem getting the loans to pay for it allowing them to get there money back out at the same time

The person who comes in as third party owner for 100m plus would allow them to use that money to buy players in the summer and pay the intrest on the loans and make a big song and dance about how much money thay have pumped into the club and people will swollow it up and they wont care if its Rafa or another manager who gets to spend that money is how i can see it panning out

Guest Ulysses Everett McGill

Oh come on, it was a joke for fucks sake

If the same type of thing happened at a conference and were in the middle of a good run, no one would give a toss

Stop looking for things that aren't there