You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Woo

2 hours ago, Gnasher said:

Fabulous little vid this. Note the bird stare directly at girl before taking some food.

Was reading an article on jackdaws saying how intelligent they are, and that they stare at human's eyes and seem to pick up on kindness and sympathy in the stares.

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, sir roger said:

Was reading an article on jackdaws saying how intelligent they are, and that they stare at human's eyes and seem to pick up on kindness and sympathy in the stares.

Yeah crazy little creatures birds. 

27 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

I've seen that. They're fucking great ain't they.

I've turned into the world's worst cat bore since we got our Charlie. I'll never understand how the same magnificent predator that hunts butterflies so expertly is also the clumsy nobhead who falls off the couch when he's stretching.

37 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

I've turned into the world's worst cat bore since we got our Charlie. I'll never understand how the same magnificent predator that hunts butterflies so expertly is also the clumsy nobhead who falls off the couch when he's stretching.

My youngest got a 1000 piece jigsaw at Christmas and on NYE he's laid out on our living room floor (laminate)with the wife making a start on it. They got ages into it, all the edges in place and starting to fill in the middle when a firework goes off, could hear our dickhead cat upstairs, jumping off the bed and legging it down the stairs into our hallway just as another firework bangs, he then comes hurtling into the living room, claws scrambling and slides across the floor straight into the jigsaw, pieces everywhere and for full effect knocking the wife's glass of red all over it.

Straight in the bin (the jigsaw not the cat)

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, manwiththestick said:

My youngest got a 1000 piece jigsaw at Christmas and on NYE he's laid out on our living room floor (laminate)with the wife making a start on it. They got ages into it, all the edges in place and starting to fill in the middle when a firework goes off, could hear our dickhead cat upstairs, jumping off the bed and legging it down the stairs into our hallway just as another firework bangs, he then comes hurtling into the living room, claws scrambling and slides across the floor straight into the jigsaw, pieces everywhere and for full effect knocking the wife's glass of red all over it.

Straight in the bin (the jigsaw not the cat)

Typical cat. They're great.

16 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

But they are not the same floor and wouldn't be rented out as such would they.  Anyway lots of buildings on the same level take a lot of effort to work through look at hospitals or schools, sometimes you just got to move your arse.

Yeah I pasted his tweet as it was what I'd originally seen, didn't really pay attention to his comment so much. Should've pasted the source that he was tweeting instead.

On 27/09/2022 at 07:57, Gnasher said:

I agree with you on all that, but that Tom fellas comment was just an observation. As he pointed out itd be very unlikely Monroe would have never have even seen his post if Monroe's own 'fan club' hadn't made it a big issue and retweeted it to her.

That thread is imo a perfect example of twitter, on the one hand it's full of toxic morons who follow the herd whilst at the same time it can be entertainingly batshit crazy.

I found people's over the top reaction to the humble roast spud funny but if Monroe is that fragile she definitely needs time away from the toxicity of that platform.

Monroe has released a book this week and some of the ‘tips’ wouldn’t look out of place in Viz.  Truly weird stuff about using the water from condenser dryers to mop floors and using a hammer and knife to open tins despite a tin opener being 99p.  

She’s pleading poverty again but charging £10k - £15k for speaking appearances.  

• Upvote 1

On 04/01/2023 at 01:00, Gnasher said:

Fabulous little vid this. Note the bird stare directly at girl before taking some food.

Superb that.

If I put a hand full of food out like that, I'd just get a blue bottle.

6 hours ago, Rico1304 said:

Monroe has released a book this week and some of the ‘tips’ wouldn’t look out of place in Viz.  Truly weird stuff about using the water from condenser dryers to mop floors and using a hammer and knife to open tins despite a tin opener being 99p.  

She’s pleading poverty again but charging £10k - £15k for speaking appearances.  

Yeah ive read bits of it, how to open a tin of beans with a hammer and flat head screwdriver type shit. I liked her and thought she was trying to do good on compassionate grounds but like others I was taken in, she's a massive grifter.  That Awfully Molly girl/account has done a brilliant job in exposing Monroes nonsense.

Good interview with Jack Monroe.  I don't know, but I think the reality is that she's neither a saint nor an evil genius super-villain. She's just a person, trying to do the right thing, but repeatedly fucking up because she's a bit of a mess.

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2023/jan/07/jack-monroe-interview 

Obviously, Twitter people are using this interview as proof of their assertion that she's wonderful and pure/a lying, scheming grifter [delete as appropriate].

2 hours ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Good interview with Jack Monroe.  I don't know, but I think the reality is that she's neither a saint nor an evil genius super-villain. She's just a person, trying to do the right thing, but repeatedly fucking up because she's a bit of a mess.

Obviously, Twitter people are using this interview as proof of their assertion that she's wonderful and pure/a lying, scheming grifter [delete as appropriate].

Well when she says 

"Monroe does not deny that she has abused the goodwill of well-meaning backers. [.] The guru of thriftiness was chucking away tens of thousands of pounds, given to her by the public to support her work."

Then the Trussell Trust won’t take her book and wants it edited to get rid of all the things she’s suggested that are inherently dangerous.  

3 hours ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Hmm. Don't know about that one Angry. The evidence is fairly damning. 

As ive said I thought she was simply doing these things for all the right reasons but i cant deny the evidence put in front of me. Not good. Unfortunately she's been exposed as a massive grifter.