You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Quit my work experience thing today.

Guest simon

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel that, as usual, Simon is omitting a certain piece of information from this tale. And someone offers to help and he turns it down, sounds like he hasn't volunteered the whole story and if SKI gets involved, he'll be rumbled.

And it would take a lot more than what happened to you for me to walk out of a job. I used to work for a boss who wouldn't interview black people because he didn't like them. I got him fired like, but still, he was a right cunt.

I think you are lying, they can't stop you finding your own job, you may be told to go see them if you can't find a job but it's not like they can stop you finding your own.

Nio you can i never said that. I said that after 6 months A$e is mandetry and if you come off it by your own accord. You get a suspension i know because i lost my flat and everything because of it.

I feel that, as usual, Simon is omitting a certain piece of information from this tale. And someone offers to help and he turns it down, sounds like he hasn't volunteered the whole story and if SKI gets involved, he'll be rumbled.

And it would take a lot more than what happened to you for me to walk out of a job. I used to work for a boss who wouldn't interview black people because he didn't like them. I got him fired like, but still, he was a right cunt.

No i dont see any need to gert anyone else involved when she is already doing her best to get me something else everyone gets the same treatment even if it is word of mouth. Now i am here i want to do my Food hygiene certificateas and stuff like i intended to in the first place.

Nio you can i never said that. I said that after 6 months A$e is mandetry and if you come off it by your own accord. You get a suspension i know because i lost my flat and everything because of it.

Simon is telling the truth. Welfare to Work is compulsory after 6 months. You can still search for employment yourself though.

I would advise going down a proper training route, doing some NVQs or something, rather than taking a shit work placement (if you have this option).

I think you are lying, they can't stop you finding your own job, you may be told to go see them if you can't find a job but it's not like they can stop you finding your own.

Absolutely. Simon you are dealing with an organisation who, by their own admission, fail 60% of their clients. You need to realise that these people don't give a toss about you and your future. You are a number on a spreadsheet for which they get paid. You really need to take control of your own job searching. Borrow a cheap suit, update your CV, decide what you can offer an employer, and then knock on a few doors. Yes, it can be soul destroying at times but surely not nearly as demeaning as having A4E patronise you.

The boss is complete cunt. I take half a day off because of personal family reasons he knew excactly what it was. So come friday i go to go home same time as everyone. And he stops me and says i must stay or i wont get my 25 quid. So i did because i fucking needed it. So today i goes in and tells him i quit after thinking very hard about it because i dont like to quit. Then when i told him he tried to provoke me into hitting him by pushing me several times. I told him even if i worked full time i would of still been half day that day. So i kept my self calm which was fucking hard. And walked off and punched a door on the way out dont know if i damaged it but my hand is a fucking mess because of it i did think about causing 1000's of pounds worth of damage but didnt. The guy is a heartless tight old prick.

Surely this is bollocks? You told your boss you are thinking about quitting and he starts to assault you?

You need to sort your temper out first. I know you think you believed you did good by not trashing the place as you said but punching the door is un-called no matter how upset you were. The thing is your next job that you apply for may ask your old boss etc for a reference so your fucked there plus they can come and ask for the money to replace the door.

What sort of work are you looking to get into with your food hygiene certificates?. Any large supermarket will train you to get these types of certificates.

Fucks sake stop giving him a hard time, the guy was pushing him and trying to get a reaction, I think hitting a door is restraint when being provoked so heavily by someone you detest.

I hope you find work Simon and I have confidence you'll do a good job at the next place. Go get 'em tiger!

Fucks sake stop giving him a hard time, the guy was pushing him and trying to get a reaction, I think hitting a door is restraint when being provoked so heavily by someone you detest.

I hope you find work Simon and I have confidence you'll do a good job at the next place. Go get 'em tiger!

But we all know, and Simon knows, that that isn't exactly what happened though.

I really see what your saying i am already prepared for the real world.

Sorry to be harsh, but many of us here would beg to differ on that.

And consider the opposite of that... Is the real world prepared for you?

Sorry si my original post was a bit harsh as i'm a grouch in the morning. Welcome to unemployment mate, it's shit.

Fixed that for ya

Is this £25 payment as well as your jobseekers allowance or whatever it’s called?

On another note,I don’t know how hard you punched the door, but what if you just quit and then break your hand? Double whammy. Out of work at Christmas with a broken hand and out of action for at least a couple of months, with your ex boss laughing at your stupidity. Sounds like a normal Simon thread to me. There’s your payoff.

On another note' date='I don’t know how hard you punched the door, but what if you just quit and then break your hand? Double whammy. Out of work at Christmas with [b']a broken hand[/b] and out of action for at least a couple of months, with your ex boss laughing at your stupidity. f.

And his sex life would be fucked

This is a visual representation of me as I read through a simon thread.

[YOUTUBE]df9KNfvH5yQ[/YOUTUBE]

S - Silly, is simon saying something silly?

I - Ignoring certain facts, has simon left out a crucial part of the story?

M - Move, move quickly between threads before you get dragged into offering advice about travelers' rights.

O - Oh no! What the fuck has Simon done to his life now?

N - No way, no way has simon made it this far through life without the intervention of a prime mover or astral benefactor.

just been reminded why i don't use that government scam agency a4e.

tried to help out a few years back only to find a conveyor belt of down and outs who thought they were doing me a favour or that they were only at work because they'd get their benefits cut otherwise.

i tend to hire young people who use their own initiative these days, bumped into a kid i used to pay minimum wage to whilst getting him qualified last weekend. now earning £30k and couldn't thank me enough for giving him that chance 6 or 7 years ago.

a kid who chances his/her arm with a cv, a willingness to learn and a smile ahead of any a4e, rathbones or whatever shite government scheme everyday for me. as more and more well meaning employers fuck off from using the likes of a4e even the best of young people linked through a4e will find that they're more likely to be placed with shite employers.

Surely this is bollocks? You told your boss you are thinking about quitting and he starts to assault you?

He went crazy and then started pushing me i done nothing to provoke this other than say i felt he treated me like a cunt.

You need to sort your temper out first. I know you think you believed you did good by not trashing the place as you said but punching the door is un-called no matter how upset you were. The thing is your next job that you apply for may ask your old boss etc for a reference so your fucked there plus they can come and ask for the money to replace the door.

What sort of work are you looking to get into with your food hygiene certificates?. Any large supermarket will train you to get these types of certificates.

Chef i am a great cook and love it i think it would be perfect for me.

I am a very good worker and it takes allot to make me angry. People before me have punched him he was in the hospital a few week ago in a serious op to do with his heart noone gave a fuck. Seriously he is a cunt he tried to treat me like one i have been a mug most of my life cashing cheques and working for gypsies i wont stand for it no more i felt i was being unfairly treated so i did what i thought was right and as i said better the door than thousands of pound's worth of damage which only a year from now i would of caused. When i worked with the gypo's i got twated for smashing a jack hammer up with a pick axe because they wound me up. I have calmed down a hell of a lot since then.