You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Morse

the thing with lucas is he's pretty consistent (except the last game where he was terrible), he performs at his usual level game in, game out whereas the rest of the team this year have been shit so Lucas for being average has risen to the top.

It's hard to give a motm vote to Reina when he may have pulled off a great save but that's all he's done all game.

Result: Game 32 - Tottenham Hotspur - Home - PL

1. Kuyt............................................................590 votes............................................5 points

2. Kyrgiakos..................................................409 votes............................................3 points

3. Carragher.................................................249 votes.............................................1 point.

YNWA, Est1892 and TLW had it as above.

6CM had Mascherano in 3rd place.

ST had Kyrgiakos as MOM, with Kuyt and Carragher.

Current table:

1. Lucas.............................4 first...........5 second.......4 third.........39 points

2. Mascherano....................4 first...........3 second.......5 third........34 points

3. Johnson.........................5 first...........2 second...........................31 points

4. Reina.............................5 first...........1 second........3 third.........31 points

5. Torres............................4 first...........1 second.......2 third..........25 points

6. Benayoun.......................2 first...........2 second.......6 third........22 points

7. Gerrard..........................1 first...........5 second.......2 third..........22 points

8. Ngog..............................2 first...........3 second............................19 points

9. Kuyt................................1 first...........2 second.......1 third........12 points

10.Carragher......................2 second......3 third................................9 points

11.Kyrgiakos......................1 first...........1 second..........................8 points

12.Degen............................1 first..........1 second............................8 points

13.Insua.............................2 second......1 third...............................7 points

14.Skrtel.............................1 first......................................................5 points

15.Kelly..............................1 first.......................................................5 points

16.Agger.............................4 third......................................................4 points

17.Dossena.........................1 second..............................................3 points

18.Aquilani.........................1 second.................................................3 points

19.Babel.............................1 third.......................................................1 point.

Thanks for taking part.

Result: Game 33 - Wolverhampton Wanderers - Away - PL

1. Kyrgiakos............................................189 votes..................................5 points

2. Ngog......................................................89 votes..................................3 points

3. Riera......................................................60 votes...................................1 point.

4. Reina.....................................................59 votes.......................................Zero.

A low scoring game. First point for Albert.

No site agreed with the above but they all had Kyrgiakos as MOM.

Est1892 and TLW had Reina 3rd.

6CM had Kuyt 3rd.

YNWA had Reina 2nd and Ngog 3rd.

ST had Riera 2nd and Kuyt 3rd.

Current table:

1. Lucas.............................4 first...........5 second.......4 third.........39 points

2. Mascherano....................4 first...........3 second.......5 third........34 points

3. Johnson.........................5 first...........2 second...........................31 points

4. Reina.............................5 first...........1 second........3 third.........31 points

5. Torres............................4 first...........1 second.......2 third..........25 points

6. Benayoun.......................2 first...........2 second.......6 third........22 points

7. Gerrard..........................1 first...........5 second.......2 third..........22 points

8. Ngog..............................2 first...........4 second............................22 points

9. Kyrgiakos......................2 first...........1 second............................13 points

10.Kuyt................................1 first...........2 second.......1 third........12 points

11.Carragher......................2 second......3 third................................9 points

12.Degen............................1 first...........1 second............................8 points

13.Insua.............................2 second......1 third...............................7 points

14.Skrtel.............................1 first......................................................5 points

15.Kelly..............................1 first.......................................................5 points

16.Agger.............................4 third......................................................4 points

17.Dossena.........................1 second..............................................3 points

18.Aquilani.........................1 second.................................................3 points

19.Babel.............................1 third.......................................................1 point.

20.Riera..............................1 third.......................................................1 point.

Thanks for taking part.

Guest TK-421
Staggering, as I said earlier, people wanting to try and prove that Lucas is as good as Alonso, and want to justify Benitez's actions in selling him, is the only reason Lucas is top.

You don't think it works both ways? I bet there are some who will never vote for Lucas because of who he is (and who he "replaced") regardless of how he plays.

It's in the third column of the results posts. 5 for 1st, 3 for 2nd, 1 for third.

That's not what I'm asking. In get that part.

Here's an example: previous result from Wolves game.

Greek - 189 votes

So, does that mean that if 189 people for him in first place, it is the same as a total of 189 people voting for him in the top 3 places? Because there's a big difference. Or is 189 the total of the amount of votes based on a 5, 3, 1 scoring system that is weighted accordingly? If so, it would make more sense to use the word points rather than votes.

That's not what I'm asking. In get that part.

Here's an example: previous result from Wolves game.

Greek - 189 votes

So, does that mean that if 189 people for him in first place, it is the same as a total of 189 people voting for him in the top 3 places? Because there's a big difference. Or is 189 the total of the amount of votes based on a 5, 3, 1 scoring system that is weighted accordingly? If so, it would make more sense to use the word points rather than votes.

Ah, I see. Sorry no value to add :(

These be the rules though.

The Liverpool Supporters’ Player of the Season game.

Hello everyone.

Some of you may know me. I am a visitor to quite a few LFC sites and have been the custodian of the player of the season game for 5 years now. The game has spanned 5 different sites in its time and last year the main voters came from Est1892, 6CM, Scouser Tommy, TLW and YNWA. I am hoping that more voters from other sites will give a more accurate picture of our feelings as Liverpool supporters.

I am hoping that you will play a part in this 6th year to enable us to get a picture of our players’ performances and to crown a worthy winner come May 2010.

Previous winners:

2005 – Jamie Carragher

2006 – Steven Gerrard

2007 – Dirk Kuyt

2008 – Javier Mascherano

2009 – Xabi Alonso

This year, the format will be the same. Instead of voting for a single player as your Man of the match, you vote for your top 3. This enables a “steady Eddie” like Reina or Kuyt to get his mentions and gain some points. (I did think about a top 5 list, but can foresee problems when the result goes against us…getting people to vote for 1 player is hard enough!)

Points are the same as last year, top player gets 5 points, second player gets 3 and third player gets a single point.

All competitive games are counted, CC, FA, CLQs, CL and league matches.

I shall post current league tables so that we can follow the players’ performances throughout the season.

Hopefully, the tables will put an end to the “Babel is shite” type of arguments.

If a moderator could ensure a sticky when I post a Man of the Match thread, I would be grateful…also it would be nice if I could have a sticky league table thread for the game throughout the season.

Thanks for your support in this.

YNWA.

Not explained in there but thanks for unearthing that. I would rep you but apparently I have repped you recently - you must be a jolly good bloke.

That suggests that a vote for 1st place in the match thread holds the same weight as a vote for 3rd place. So, it's the best 3 rather than a ranked top 3. I'm not sure what effect that might have as I haven't given it much thought, but it definitely alters the dynamics in some way.

Not explained in there but thanks for unearthing that. I would rep you but apparently I have repped you recently - you must be a jolly good bloke.

That suggests that a vote for 1st place in the match thread holds the same weight as a vote for 3rd place. So, it's the best 3 rather than a ranked top 3. I'm not sure what effect that might have as I haven't given it much thought, but it definitely alters the dynamics in some way.

Each vote as MOM will get 3 votes.

Each vote as second in match will get 2 votes.

Each vote as 3rd in match will get 1 vote.

The "votes" are then added up across 5 sites.

The points are then awarded as previously stated.

Thanks.

Result: Game 34 - Bolton Wanderers - Home - PL

1. Kyrgiakos...................................427 votes.........................5 points

2. Mascherano..............................267 votes.........................3 points

3. Insua...........................................231 votes.........................1 point.

YNWA, ST and TLW all had it as above.

Est1892 and 6CM had Insua 2nd and Mascherano 3rd.

The Greek God is bombing up the table.

Current table:

2. Mascherano....................4 first..........4 second.......5 third........37 points

8. Ngog..............................2 first...........4 second............................22 points

9. Kyrgiakos......................3 first...........1 second............................18 points

10.Kuyt................................1 first...........2 second.......1 third........12 points

11.Carragher......................2 second......3 third................................9 points

12.Degen............................1 first...........1 second............................8 points

13.Insua.............................2 second......2 third...............................8 points

20.Riera..............................1 third.......................................................1 point.

Thanks for taking part.

Staggering, as I said earlier, people wanting to try and prove that Lucas is as good as Alonso, and want to justify Benitez's actions in selling him, is the only reason Lucas is top.

I don't see it that way as the vote seems to be a wide cross-section of fans. I think he's there because he is always fit and usually produces a consistent level of performance whereas most of our "stars" have been missing in action most of the season.

In your opinion, Jules. It's been a season of injuries so anyone that's been consistent and present would stand out. We'd be in far worst position if he had been injured like 99% of his colleagues.

You could argue Reina has been better but often he's only had a few things to do in each match.

He deserves it and people need to take a step back and stop this Alonso nonsence.