You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

NFL Discussion and Fantasy League thread

odris

58 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Rudolph shouldn't get suspended and he won't. It was the equivalent of shoving someone in a bar and then getting stabbed for it. 

Rudolph started the barney when he tried to rip Garrett's helmet off (but couldn't) before kicking him in the bollocks. Only then did Myles batter the 4 interception bell-end.

Garrett deserves his suspension but so too does that 6'6" Pittsburgh pansy.

8 minutes ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

Rudolph started the barney when he tried to rip Garrett's helmet off (but couldn't) before kicking him in the bollocks. Only then did Myles batter the 4 interception bell-end.

Garrett deserves his suspension but so too does that 6'6" Pittsburgh pansy.

Yeah, I know what Rudolph did, I saw the incident. First of all, Garrett hit Rudolph late and then he kept his weight on him for like 5 seconds when the game was about to be over. He started it. Rudolph trying to retaliate by taking Garrett's helmet off is nothing, that's happened often in NFL games. 

Using the prior example, I'm sure you'd blame the guy who got stabbed at the bar for shoving someone back when they got shoved first. The justification from anyone defending Garrett or pretending like Rudolph did anything to deserve what happened to him is so stupid. 

And yeah, Rudolph is a terrible QB and he has a dumb face, but that has nothing to do with it. 

Guest Pistonbroke
12 hours ago, 3 Stacks said:

Yeah, I know what Rudolph did, I saw the incident. First of all, Garrett hit Rudolph late and then he kept his weight on him for like 5 seconds when the game was about to be over. He started it. Rudolph trying to retaliate by taking Garrett's helmet off is nothing, that's happened often in NFL games. 

Using the prior example, I'm sure you'd blame the guy who got stabbed at the bar for shoving someone back when they got shoved first. The justification from anyone defending Garrett or pretending like Rudolph did anything to deserve what happened to him is so stupid. 

And yeah, Rudolph is a terrible QB and he has a dumb face, but that has nothing to do with it. 

To be fair, I think using the analogy you did is pretty stupid as well. 

Personally Garrett was stupid and deserves the lengthy ban coming his way. Rudolph also deserves punishment though as he fed the fire that led to the fracas. The NFL have already said he won't escape punishment, although he is likely only to be fined which will quite rightly stick in the craw of many supporters. 

Guest Pistonbroke
38 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Both teams paid the same fine and the Steelers lose Pouncey for three games -- if anything Garrett has gotten off easy unless the ban continues into next season

So you don't think Rudolph got off lightly? 

Guest Pistonbroke
Just now, TheHowieLama said:

What Rudolph does there happens a half dozen times a game.

What Garrett did has never happened.

Regardless of that, Rudolph played his part in the fracas. If you are going to hand bans out to players then you can't just say 'Well this happens all the time so we'll let him off but ban the others.' He got off lightly imo. Garrett quite rightly has been banned indefinitely and it remains to be seen if that ban runs into next season, which it probably will. 

6 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

Regardless of that, Rudolph played his part in the fracas. If you are going to hand bans out to players then you can't just say 'Well this happens all the time so we'll let him off but ban the others.' He got off lightly imo. Garrett quite rightly has been banned indefinitely and it remains to be seen if that ban runs into next season, which it probably will. 

By definition if something happens all the time it doesn't result in a ban.

Guest Pistonbroke
1 minute ago, TheHowieLama said:

By definition if something happens all the time it doesn't result in a ban.

The actions of Rudolpf led to the fracas, in trying to take off Garret's helmet in the first place. Not condoning Garrett as it was fucking stupid and if it happened outside of sport you'd call the police due to an assault. Once Garrett had ripped off the helmet three Steeler players including Rudolph went after him, what happened next was stupidity. A flag had already been thrown, Rudolph should have left it there instead of piling in behind his mates. 

I'm guessing the whole affair is splitting opinions, but nobody can condone Garretts actions. I just feel Rudolph has gotten away lightly. 

Guest Pistonbroke

Like I said mate, it is splitting opinion....as an example.

"Don't make it seem like another guy was a coward and it was bush league, you were in the fight. Whether it was wrong or right, you were in the fight,” McGinest, the former Patriots outside linebacker, said. “You started the fight by trying to pull off this man's helmet. Now, he finished it, and it wasn't the right way, but you still charged into the pile. When [Steelers guard David] DeCastro got in between you and Myles Garrett, you could have walked away and threw your hands up, not after you got hit with the helmet.

“So don't make it seem like it was all Myles Garrett, he did everything, he incited this whole situation. It was guilty parties on both teams. It's all inexcusable, but I don't like the way the picture is being painted like this is all created by one particular person. I'm not making excuses, but we do have to be honest about what we saw."

Carr, who played quarterback for a few teams and most notably the Houston Texans, backed McGinest.

"I completely agree,” Carr said on NFLN. “Obviously it escalated when Mason charged back into a situation where, there were two offensive linemen there holding Myles Garrett back. When Mason came in, that just escalated it and you got the helmet swing, which obviously no one is condoning, but that's kind of what happened.”

2 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

@PistonbrokePerhaps the two helmet to helmet hits that resulted in two players leaving the game might have also contributed to the general atmosphere.

On the Smith Schuster play there are actually three blatant helmet to helmet hits. And the other play saw the fella ejected.

Incidental contact Howie. James fucking Harrison has been getting away with incidental contact for years mate. 

The Steelers are a bunch of fucking fairies who don't like it up 'em.  Too fucking bad cos in 2 weeks time we're gonna knock fuck out of them again. 

Go Browns 

Willie McGinest is a dumbass man, he's not gonna stick up for the QB in that situation. These ex-players are talking shit and acting tough. It's basically saying, on the field if someone provokes me a little bit, he's go to expect to get assaulted. 

We've seen guys mess with other players' helmets during games all the time, it's pretty much a part of the game when there's a little scuffle. That's a normal thing, guys don't get suspended for that. Garrett crossed the line. It's really that simple. How about for a change, you suspend the guy who did the obvious terrible thing and every minor thing that happened before, you treat that as minor, because it was. 

Navigating a tricky week in fantasy quite nicely. Got my defense, 2 main rbs and main wr all in byes.

brought Randall Cobb in for the week and he’s gone off for 18.5 points, Josh Allen has thrown up 30+

looking ok heading into the late games.

Guest Pistonbroke

Houston, we have a problem.

Fuck me, didn't expect Watson to be so ineffective, 2.96 fucking points. Still in with a chance but need Austin Ekeler to perform tonight and although he's decent that Melvin Gordon is back for LAC and taking a heavy load on the calls. Need 15 points, so Ekeler will need to get at least 1 TD and more than likely 2 if he doesn't get a lot of carries.