You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

NFL Discussion and Fantasy League thread

odris

Gut wrenching loss in the Hair Bowl. My QB and two RBs put up less than 10 between them so it's hardly surprising I lost.  Losing by 7 yards is tough to take though.  

On the flipside, I went to bed last night having written off my dynasty match.  I was down by 30 or something with just Manning left to play, whilst my opponent had Richardson.  I check the score this morning to see Richardson put up negative points and Manning did enough to get me the win.

As for the real stuff, the Bears might just have the worst D in the league right now.  It's only takeaways that are keeping them going, as teams are just having their way with our D every week now.  We're making bums look like hall of famers.  Tough to take considering we've at last found ourselves an offence.  Even with Cutler out we put up a shitload of points last night with McCown in there.

Packers up next.  Can't wait to see how many points Aaron Rodgers racks up against us, that'll be fun to watch.

Lifetime it's now 2-2 in the Hair Bowl. I got lucky as Welker did nothing until the final six minutes when Colts injuries gave him space and he suddenly started getting catches.

The Broncos though, just awful. Two fumbles (including another goal line fumble), an interception, a safety and repeated three outs just did for them. The injuries are becoming insurmountable now, both starting tackles are out, the defensive backs are beaten up and Champ might be out long term again. The D was never very good but now it's becoming a real problem. The Broncos aren't scoring at a record pace because they're that good, they're scoring like that because the D isn't keeping anyone out. They won't win anything with that defense, as any a good oppostion defense will do just enough to disrupt the offense with it's weakened O-line and the Broncos can't respond in kind. Kansas City might kill Manning in a few weeks.

Out for the season, I'd be surprised if Clemens is able to pull off another win this season. Probably Tampa Bay at home is the only one that I think there would be an alright chance of victory, the rest of the NFC West will just annihilate us. That will leave us with a top 5 pick most probably plus another high pick from Washington if they carry on being fairly rubbish. Season is a write off, this is shit. Rams 2005 - 2011 football is back.

Michael-scott-no-god-no.gif

• Upvote 1

I think the Rams are still headed in the right direction. They were never going to win that division or make the playoffs this year.

Biggest issue they have to deal with is Bradford, obviously, but with all those high picks next year they could do something special.

Probably need a RB too.

Didnt watch the game but allowing Josh Freeman yo throw 50 times to Petersons 16 rushing attempts is suicide even if you are trailing. The Bucs snd Rams will push you for the first pick anyway

You will be pleased to hear Eli should have pissed the yardage and points i needed. And he overthrew Nicks in the end zone..... Oh and cruz dropped another easy catch in the end zone.

Didnt watch the game but allowing Josh Freeman yo throw 50 times to Petersons 16 rushing attempts is suicide even if you are trailing. The Bucs snd Rams will push you for the first pick anyway

I didn't watch it either, but yeah I agree. Seems very strange and smells like desperation from the coaches.

Guess Jacksonville are looking at that 1st pick too.

I didn't watch it either, but yeah I agree. Seems very strange and smells like desperation from the coaches.

Guess Jacksonville are looking at that 1st pick too.

You wouldnt have enjoyed watching it. Wasnt on the same page as his receivers for most of the night.Looks to soon for him. I think the stats said it was the worst completion percentage for a quarterback throwing over 40 passes for 6 years.

Giants stacked the box and dared Freeman to throw against one on one coverage, thats why Peterson had a rough night.

I really thought you would get the points when I knew Jacobs was out. Really not going well for Eli this year.Really surprised how badly he is doing to be honest.Freeman isnt the answer for the Vikings, he wouldnt be the answer anywhere.