You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

I wish the saying if your good enough your old enough could be used in reversed order as well, if your good enough your young enough.

Hyypia was our best defender last season, to not give him more playing time resulting in him wanting to leave is all down to the manager, he cant blame anyone else than himself for the position he now finds himself in. where he is looking to find an inferior replacement for our last bit of money.

I wish the saying if your good enough your old enough could be used in reversed order as well, if your good enough your young enough.

Hyypia was our best defender last season, to not give him more playing time resulting in him wanting to leave is all down to the manager, he cant blame anyone else than himself for the position he now finds himself in. where he is looking to find an inferior replacement for our last bit of money.

But if he'd played him instead of Skrtel or Agger one of them would have wanted to leave for more playing time. So, we'd be in the same situation but with a 37 year old who probably couldn't be expected to play more than 25 games rather than a player in his mid-twenties.

Maybe it was more of a priority to keep agger and skrtel happy as they are the future, you have to plan for the long term and minute by minute forum, media, pundit analysis cannot cope with that notion.

You sometimes do things for the greater good and have to look at the bigger picture.

Congrats boys, love them both, wish Jari had joined earlier

Edited by INTORRESTING

Maybe it was more of a priority to keep agger and skrtel happy as they are the future, you have to plan for the long term and minute by minute forum, media, pundit analysis cannot cope with that notion.

You sometimes do things for the greater good and have to look at the bigger picture.

Agger probably to get him to sign a new contract.

Skrtel?

Could not care less, he is a 15 in a dozen kind of CB, if Rafa had included Hyypia in the CL squad he would have stayed as well.

Piss poor man management, just like the Alonso situation.

The reality is that we have lost two of our best players because off how Rafa has handled these situations, too me it sucks big time.

And so a thread congratulating two of our old players for reaching significant international milestones turns into a thread about Rafa.

Again.

That what you intended when you started the thread RiS?

You shit-stirring bastard!

If you dont see the relevance in discussing the Sami situation regarding the position we now find ourselves in desperate to bring in another sqaud player your opinion is pretty irrelevant to me.

Er, read the opening post.

Go on. Read it.

Does RiS ask for your opinion on Rafa's management of Sami in the previous season, and want to know what you think about it?

I note you've brought in Xabi again.

Man, it's getting really tiresome.

Oh, and by the way - congratulations Sami and Jari!

Agger probably to get him to sign a new contract.

Skrtel?

Could not care less, he is a 15 in a dozen kind of CB, if Rafa had included Hyypia in the CL squad he would have stayed as well.

Piss poor man management, just like the Alonso situation.

The reality is that we have lost two of our best players because off how Rafa has handled these situations, too me it sucks big time.

How do you know Alonso wouldn't have left if the Barry thing hadn't happened last summer? He was offered a chance to go home, be on more money and play in a great team. End of.

It's far too early to write Skrtel off. As good as Sami is he had one decent season left in him at the most. How many 39 year olds have done well in our league?

I agree with Code. We should have given him a two-year contract after his masterclass in defending during 07-08. From regularly not playing him in favour of lesser players to not including him in the Champions league twenty five for the likes of Degen; the situation was dreadfully handled and now our budget is suffering as a result.

However I'd rather congratulate both men. International football means a lot to them and it's a fantastic achievement.