You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer '09 Transfer Speculation Thread

Gray - YPC

Why would Johnson want to go back to Chelsea after what happened last time he was there?

They also already have Bosingwa who is seen as a good player (I mean in general, personally I think he's shite) so again it wouldn't make much sense.

If we have a bid accepted and he turns us down then he needs his head checking.

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Serious fucking question.

What the fuck do people on here want?!?!?!

1: You all fucking complain about the lack of width and poor crossing throughout the season. A number of times I see people on here saying Arbeloa wastes shit loads of opportunities (think about the games we dominated where he had numerous times to deliver, but didn't).

2: Suddenly, you all now seem overly concerned with our defending, despite constantly stating that Rafa is not gung-ho enough when needs be.

A) Your all too pussy for us to buy a player whos had an amazing season, is atheltic, fast, and whos attacking qualities (which are sublime) far outweigh his defending capabilities. Because he costs too much.

B) Your turn your nose up at a play similar in speed, athleticism and who's probably alot stronger, purely because hes had 1 poor season. Hes also younger than A), versitile (can cover CB) and will give us a threat from corners (which you all piss and moan about). Most importantly, he will cost us a cheap 5m, in a position where everybody suddenly thinks 'doesn't need improving' (a la 2:)

Iv never met a bigger bunch of clueless, confused fuckers in my life. You'd have a problem with signing Maradona.

Gattuso is past it and nowhere near the player he was 2/3 years ago. If Barca really want Mascherano then the only deals i'd settle for would be Toure + cash or a staright swap for Iniesta.

For Alonso - 10/15m + Robben would do. Then possibly buy Martinez from Bilboa. Whatever the outcome if both or one were to go I believe we'd be weaker centrally for it.

Im normally of the opinion that players who dont want to stay should move on for the best price. Im convinced Alonso wants to go primarily because of the way he was treated last season.

Mascherano seems to have 'domestic' problems. Either one leaving will potentially leave us weaker. Both going could be verging on disasterous.

Why would Johnson want to go back to Chelsea after what happened last time he was there?

They also already have Bosingwa who is seen as a good player (I mean in general, personally I think he's shite) so again it wouldn't make much sense.

If we have a bid accepted and he turns us down then he needs his head checking.

I'm not sure what happened to him last time at Chelsea is that relevant. He's a much better player now, there's a different manager there and as he's a London lad I'd be surprised if Chelsea weren't his first choice. There's also talk amongst Chelsea fans that Bayern Munich are in for Boswinga.

I'm not sure what happened to him last time at Chelsea is that relevant. He's a much better player now, there's a different manager there and as he's a London lad I'd be surprised if Chelsea weren't his first choice. There's also talk amongst Chelsea fans that Bayern Munich are in for Boswinga.

Well if it was me, it would be relevant. When he went there the first time i'm sure he was told how he'd be number one choice etc and then he was snubbed and farmed out to Pompey.

It's akin to us trying to buy Warnock back (just as an example) - I reckon he'd rather go elsewhere than somewhere he's had a bad experience.

And, we're fucking better than Chelsea.

If either player wants to move, sell them now... and get on with it. I am sick of footballers. I'd guy Gatusso who wants to move and move Gerrard back and buy a world class partner for Torres.

Gattuso is shit. Wasnt even that good when we played them in 05. Well overatted.

Guest Kenny
Well if it was me, it would be relevant. When he went there the first time i'm sure he was told how he'd be number one choice etc and then he was snubbed and farmed out to Pompey.

It's akin to us trying to buy Warnock back (just as an example) - I reckon he'd rather go elsewhere than somewhere he's had a bad experience.

And, we're fucking better than Chelsea.

if he gets the assurances he wants plus more money he will stay in the capital.

Rafa needs to sort out who's going asap so he can start to work on the shape of the team for next season.

This whole situation shows what a fuck up happened last summer no Barry and pissing Xabi off so we get neither of them for next season.

Serious fucking question.

What the fuck do people on here want?!?!?!

1: You all fucking complain about the lack of width and poor crossing throughout the season. A number of times I see people on here saying Arbeloa wastes shit loads of opportunities (think about the games we dominated where he had numerous times to deliver, but didn't).

2: Suddenly, you all now seem overly concerned with our defending, despite constantly stating that Rafa is not gung-ho enough when needs be.

A) Your all too pussy for us to buy a player whos had an amazing season, is atheltic, fast, and whos attacking qualities (which are sublime) far outweigh his defending capabilities. Because he costs too much.

B) Your turn your nose up at a play similar in speed, athleticism and who's probably alot stronger, purely because hes had 1 poor season. Hes also younger than A), versitile (can cover CB) and will give us a threat from corners (which you all piss and moan about). Most importantly, he will cost us a cheap 5m, in a position where everybody suddenly thinks 'doesn't need improving' (a la 2:)

Iv never met a bigger bunch of clueless, confused fuckers in my life. You'd have a problem with signing Maradona.

Calm down woman.

People are raising eyebrows at Johnson a) because he's not as good as he looked against Andorra b) he's susceptible to brain farts that cause problems and c) it's a lot of money and people want to make sure we are not compromising on targets in more important positions. If we'd already signed Lavezzi or Tevez the reaction would probably be different and if people weren't painting him as some kind of panacea for beating packed defences you'd probably get more sensible replies.

Richards can't defend, 5m would definitely be a good punt, but the guy is a walking accident, so don't expect people to be enamoured with the idea of him at the heart of our defence even if it is only as backup.

And why wouldn't people be worried about our defending, we shifted gears and started conceding goals left right and center that can't be ignored especially if the Mascher stories are true.