You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Luis Suarez

Guest simon

oh i dont like all that "beating your man" shite.

thats what we need,more fucking heart...you wouldnt see torres biting someone.i hope he fucking rips john terrys face apart next week,he is tough as fuck and wont be bullied by the so called hard men in the league...

Skysports

Luis Suarez believes a move to Liverpool is a perfect step forward in his career and he has set Wednesday's match against Stoke as the date for his debut.

The Ajax striker travelled to England on Saturday to undergo a medical and discuss personal terms after it was confirmed on Friday that his current club are prepared to sell.

Liverpool have agreed a £22.8million (€26.5m) deal with Ajax as the Premier League side's parent company, Fenway Sports Group, sits on the brink of completing a first major signing since taking over in October.

It has been speculated that Fernando Torres' rejected transfer request in the wake of Chelsea's £35m initial attempt to sign the Spaniard could have deterred Suarez from moving to Anfield.

But, in an interview prior to travelling to England on Saturday, the 24-year-old remained keen to sign for underachieving Liverpool and continued to rank the 18-time champions of England as a top-four club, as he told Ajax TV in Holland: "I am happy.

Complex

"It is important for anybody to go to such a big club. It is a great opportunity for me."

Suarez added: "It is a beautiful club. Everybody wants to play there. They always play Champions League or Europa League and belong to the top four clubs in the Premier League."

Liverpool announced on Friday evening that they had reached an agreement with Ajax after lengthy discussions and Suarez has admitted that it has been a complex process.

The striker could still play for Ajax in Sunday's trip to NAC Breda if his transfer breaks down, but he appeared to have set his heart on leaving.

He said: "It has been difficult, a lot of negotiation. Difficult for me as it concerns my future. I remain focused on the next match against NAC.

Chelsea bid

"But yesterday afternoon I heard that everything was agreed."

It remains to be seen whether Suarez partners Torres in attack, as Liverpool had planned, against Stoke at Anfield on Wednesday.

Reports suggest that Chelsea are set to make an improved bid of £40m for the former Atletico Madrid star, who is due back in training with Liverpool on Sunday, ahead of Monday's transfer deadline.

Torres is involved in an ugly standoff with his club after submitting a written transfer request late on Friday night, which overshadowed the agreed deal for Suarez

Why do bleat on about the OLD Diego Forlan? Stupid to pay high prices for an old player.

Add to the fact he has already said, during the world cup, that he would not come back to the EPL .

Also, when he was here, he was not that good, the PL is just too fast for him .

Suarez passes medical

Luis Suarez is expected to complete his transfer from Ajax to Liverpool on Monday after successfully passing a medical this weekend.

The Club agreed a fee of up to 26.5million Euros with Ajax for the transfer of the Uruguayan international on Friday and a Liverpool FC spokesperson tonight said: "Luis Suarez has successfully passed his medical and personal terms with the player have been agreed. We expect to complete the remainder of the paperwork tomorrow."

But, in an interview prior to travelling to England on Saturday, the 24-year-old remained keen to sign for underachieving Liverpool and continued to rank the 18-time champions of England as a top-four club, as he told Ajax TV in Holland: "I am happy.

Hold on a second, now Sky have started describing us as underachieving again? They said it a lot under Rafa, went a bit quiet when we actually were under Roy, now we're looking like improving again, it's back.